PDA

View Full Version : which discount???

dennisnlisab96
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Which discount has worked better for you...

35% off mods or the $500.00 gift card with rack rate???

enigmaMN
02-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Which discount has worked better for you...

35% off mods or the $500.00 gift card with rack rate???

We just booked this weekend using the 35% discount. Comparing prices we would have spent well over $500 more using the gift card offer so it was not a good deal for us.

Linda T.
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
I booked two trips this year - one in May for my daughter's honeymoon and one in July for me and my other daughter to relax after the wedding and I used the 35% off. Now my daughter just called to say her fiancee just received a pin code for the free QS dining - I guess I will be crunching numbers again for her but I think we are staying with the 35% off.

Hope this helps.

wickywinn
02-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Before they extended the room only discount I booked the gift card promo for the beginning of June. When they extended it I called back and saved $600 off the gift card promo so definitely the room discount!

cinder-ellah
02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Our family of 7, is staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in May. Our first time "on-site".
I crunched numbers til I was dizzy and went with the 35% off room rate. I think / hope, I did the right thing. It seemed like we were going to spend way more with the $500 gift card.

saradela
02-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I did a Split Stay and this is how it worked. For Pop 5 days got the 300 GC, I save 100 dollars vs the %, for the 2 second reservation , Hotel Only Deluxe WL the % was a better deal. I went to the Disney page, and booked and compared prices, that is how I got the better deals, because some days are higher in price.:banana:

platamama
02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Hmm...I keep going over the numbers and keep coming up with the $500 gift card being a better deal for us, 2 adults and 1 child.

We're going for 7 nights and I'm splitting our stay (all within POR) with the first 5 nts. booked as the $500 gift card promo, with just the 5 day base tickets. I booked the last two nights at 30% off and had to pay a deposit on the first night on a credit card, but will pay off the 2nd night with the $500 gift card. And will also likely use the $500 gift card to upgrade the 5 day base tickets to park hoppers. And we still have money leftover for food or internet or whatever.

Now what I still can't decide on is if we should go with the DDP or not, but that's a whole other topic.;)

mlittig
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
I have the best time playing with numbers on the Disney website :cool1: I love to get the best deal I can, it just adds to the thrill of the trip planning for me :tinker: We (2 adults) are staying 9 nights at the French Quarter :love: I had originally used my 35% off pin for all 9 nights and was happy to be saving some money :yay: Then the gift card offer came out so I played around with numbers again :thumbsup2 I called and modified my reservation so that I now get the $500 gift card for the first 5 nights and the 35% off for the last 4 nights :woohoo: It is now two reservations and there is a slight chance I might have to change rooms at FQ but for an extra $152 I can handle that :rotfl: So I saved a total of almost $800 :cloud9: Even if we got the free dining pin, with the two of us we still save more this way :goodvibes

Jareds_mommy
02-23-2010, 12:14 AM
we are 2 adults and 2 children going for 15 nights 16 days, the 35% was a better deal for us

platamama
02-23-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm going to guess that the $500 gift card works best if your stay is exactly 5 nights since you're not getting any additional discount for a longer stay. That's where using the XX% off to add on additional days saves more money, as long as you don't mind the split ressie. Or if you have APs the XX% off would make the most sense.

mickeystoontown
02-23-2010, 12:52 PM
We saved more money by using the room only discount (by the way, you can add tickets and dining and still get the discount) than by using the gift card promo. I think the difference was about $200.00 for us. I like having the discount right up front and not having to wait on a gift card.