PDA

View Full Version : Free Quick Service Dining 2/28-7/10

d1gitman
02-22-2010, 01:33 PM
We just received a PIN code for free Quickservice Dining from 2/28-7/10

Based on past history, i would expect this to go public soon.

#1DopeyFan
02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
:banana::banana::banana:

dancin Disney style
02-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Time will tell but I kind of doubt it. They have extended to the gift card promo through August as well as the room discount deal.

FlightlessDuck
02-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Our pin code goes through 7/3.

Unfortunately, we already planned on a drip to Washington DC this summer.

Still trying fit in a quick WDW trip, though.

junipertree5
02-22-2010, 03:07 PM
So if I book a trip that includes the free gift card, does that mean that I can't apply the free quick service dining ? I was going to stay at a value resort, purchase quick service dining, and use the gift card for a couple of table service meals and some souvies, but it would be great if I could deduct the quick service meal plan cost !

DisneyDreamerMom
02-22-2010, 03:19 PM
My understanding is that is usually a pick one - either free dining, gift card or reduction on room rates.

junipertree5
02-22-2010, 03:19 PM
bump. Anyone?

goofy4tink
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Discount offers can not be combined...you must choose the one that works best for you.

3"Mouse"keteers
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
I received the pin code today in my email, but my dad's name. Do you think they would let me use it, since it is my email and we have the same home address and vacationed together last trip? My parents aren't going with us on this trip. :sad1:

cruiserkaren
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM

And by soon....you mean when?

:rolleyes1

Bete
02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
You get one deal. You cannot stack promotions.

You usually have to do some number crunching to see which deal helps you the most.

winterman
02-22-2010, 03:48 PM

Past history is that free dining has never been offered to the public at this time if year. I don't know why you expect it to happen this year. There are already special offers for the public for this time.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Bete
02-22-2010, 04:27 PM
The free quick service dining plan is being offered to all tiers of resorts guests. This means from value to deluxe you only get the quick service plan.

This could mean future free dining deals will not be as good.

strickland
02-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I got the free quick service dining pin too. They let me upgrade to plus dining for $10 more per adult per day and $2.00 per child per day. You had to book a regular package though with no other discounts, but it saved us around $1000 from the non discounted package to about 600.00 from the discounted and gift card packages. It was still a great deal for us. I looooove to eat at Disney. It's so part of the experience!!!!!:goodvibes

disnut8
02-22-2010, 04:38 PM
I received the pin code today in my email, but my dad's name. Do you think they would let me use it, since it is my email and we have the same home address and vacationed together last trip? My parents aren't going with us on this trip. :sad1:

No. Same thing happened to us a couple of years ago. Our roommate received the pin code after she moved out. I couldn't use it at all.

DisKate
02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
No. Same thing happened to us a couple of years ago. Our roommate received the pin code after she moved out. I couldn't use it at all.

I just got one today for my DBF's sister's boyfriend :sad1: He traveled with us last time and since I made the reservations he is listed with my email. It's sad because I could probably talk DBF's mom into a May trip if I got FD!

dmoore718
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I received the same PIN but we are not going until January. I think they public deal will be August through Oct 1 though? but mabye not.

Brian_WDW74
02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
I've moved this thread to the Codes and Rates board. :)

mward73
02-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Got the same pin today. They must've sent a bunch out! lol We're not using it - going to use the 40% off I got last week since we're just going for a quick trip and won't using the dining plan. Hoping they extend the military salute tickets, but not holding my breath on it (it would be a nice perk though!)

scottmel
02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Someone explain the excitement of this pin to me. Counter service???? Wouldn't 25 - 40% off your room rate be better?????

Bete
02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Someone explain the excitement of this pin to me. Counter service???? Wouldn't 25 - 40% off your room rate be better?????

You need to do the number crunching. The more people in the room the better the QS free dining is a savings. Like 4 adults would make the free dining QS a good deal at the value resorts, for example.

Also, you can always upgrade to a better dining plan by paying the money difference.

Some people really enjoy the freedom of QS dining. You don't make ressies; you can do it at anytime; and it's quick. Park time is precious and on shorter trips many like the QS plan.

S.S.Oceanlover
02-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Got the same pin today. They must've sent a bunch out! lol We're not using it - going to use the 40% off I got last week since we're just going for a quick trip and won't using the dining plan. Hoping they extend the military salute tickets, but not holding my breath on it (it would be a nice perk though!)

I wish they would have sent us one. We did get an email but it was for the gift card.

WTG you guys.

Bill

aubriee
02-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Are they requiring length of stay park passes like they did with the gift card promotion or can you buy just one day passes like you could last year for free dining? What I'm afraid of, is that future deals are going to require those length of stay passes, which leave AP holders out in the cold.

stephielela
02-23-2010, 01:43 AM
does anyone know what happens if you want to stay longer than the 5 days? also, if the price difference is $10 oer day more, what's the increase for the deluce dining plan?

aceys_h0ney
02-23-2010, 06:34 AM
does anyone know what happens if you want to stay longer than the 5 days? also, if the price difference is $10 oer day more, what's the increase for the deluce dining plan?

I booked for 7 nights last night. I believe I read the maximum on previous free dining offers has been 14. I was told by the CM you pay the price difference for whatever plan you want. Based on the pricing I found the QSDP is 31.99 a night and the Deluxe plan is 71.99 a night.

Bete
02-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Are they requiring length of stay park passes like they did with the gift card promotion or can you buy just one day passes like you could last year for free dining? What I'm afraid of, is that future deals are going to require those length of stay passes, which leave AP holders out in the cold.

It's not saying length of stay tickets exactly, but it's saying a vacation package with park tickets. As more get into this deal, I'm sure they will share the details.

lilstint
02-23-2010, 08:32 AM
I also got this pin and priced it out online. I didn't book but they did give me a price with 1 day tix.

Bugsmom73
02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I got it in each of my emails, with my Mom's name. I refuse to be nice and every order anything for my mom again off of the Disney Store.:guilty: We aren't going until mid-august but this is very frustrating.

DreamnDisney
02-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I've gotten every other pin except for this one, and I really want it!!!! :woohoo:

sumertime
02-23-2010, 09:51 AM
I got this pin, but we are getting 45% deluxe with the AP rate. Since we only have 2 adults, one child, and two under 2 (plus APs), the room only deal is much better for us.

mom2lns
02-23-2010, 10:35 AM
How do you get the pin? where do you get the pin?

aceys_h0ney
02-23-2010, 12:34 PM
How do you get the pin? where do you get the pin?

They are randomly sent out through email and only good for who they are sent to, so you can't share them. There are a couple of threads here that people give suggestions on how to "attract" one. For me they sent the pin to an inactive account of mine, I just made a new account when I could not log into the old one. I got two PINS this year on this inactive account. This one I could use! A lot of the PIN offers have come out in the past to be public offers but Free Dining has never been offered in the summer months so it is probably too soon to speculate if it will be released publicly.

momtwoboys
02-23-2010, 12:42 PM
:worship: praying for this free dining code!!!! Please oh please... its way better that the % off for a value , My final payment is due on March 3rd so watch it come out to the public AFTER I'm paid off:sad2:

emtmom0104
02-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Can DVC members get these PIN codes as well? Did I need to register online somewhere for them or buy something somewhere. We are leaving Sunday to drive down. We plan on using the 31.99 plan but this would make it soo much cheaper for me so I could spend a little more on the kids first trip there!

a1tinkfans
02-23-2010, 01:57 PM
The free quick service dining plan is being offered to all tiers of resorts guests. This means from value to deluxe you only get the quick service plan.

This could mean future free dining deals will not be as good.

Say it isn't so! :sad2:

PrincessTiffany
02-23-2010, 04:07 PM

What past history? I don't believe this offer will go out for the general public. There were free dining pin offers last spring and they didn't come out for the general public. The gift card discount is being offerd now and that is the current general public offer. They aren't going to have 2 general public offers for this same time frame.

The annual fall free dining dates will be announced around the last of March/first of April with the likely dates of August 15 - October 2. That start date coincides with the end date for the gift card deal.

mousiemom
02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
i called just to see if i had a pin attached to my name and no such luck. i need this free dining offer for my may trip!!! the cm told me to keep checking back.

sumertime
02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
What past history? I don't believe this offer will go out for the general public. There were free dining pin offers last spring and they didn't come out for the general public. The gift card discount is being offerd now and that is the current general public offer. They aren't going to have 2 general public offers for this same time frame.

The annual fall free dining dates will be announced around the last of March/first of April with the likely dates of August 15 - October 2. That start date coincides with the end date for the gift card deal.

There are 2 general public offers out right now. :confused3

PrincessTiffany
02-23-2010, 04:47 PM
There are 2 general public offers out right now. :confused3
But neither of them is for free dining and they certainly aren't going to offer free dining as a third.

sumertime
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Gotcha! I agree with that. I don't think that there will be a free dining offer this summer. I'm hoping that this PIN doesn't set precedence for when free dining is offered in the fall, though (only QS offered).

PrincessTiffany
02-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Gotcha! I agree with that. I don't think that there will be a free dining offer this summer. I'm hoping that this PIN doesn't set precedence for when free dining is offered in the fall, though (only QS offered).
It may only be wishful thinking, but I really think the basic dining will be offered with the fall free dining promo dates, August 15 - October 2. That's what has always been offered since 2005 and has already been offered with the UK and FD bouncebacks for this year. But, I guess we will see . . .

Halloweenqueen
02-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Can you imagine the CS restaurants if everyone only had QS? What a zoo!

zman70
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
I got this offer last week by Email. Seems to work at value and moderate resorts

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service
Dining Plan, FREE
When you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that include accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets for stays most nights 2/28/10–7/3/10.

Not sure if I will do this or the $500 gift card saying 5 or 6 nights @ a Moderate resort

The Tabasco Kid
02-23-2010, 09:02 PM

We had the exact situation last year. We got FIL's PIN sent to us since we were the POC for the trip. Called in and the CM let us use the PIN for our trip even though FIL wasn't going with us.

DarthKTrava
02-23-2010, 09:44 PM
It may only be wishful thinking, but I really think the basic dining will be offered with the fall free dining promo dates, August 15 - October 2. That's what has always been offered since 2005 and has already been offered with the UK and FD bouncebacks for this year. But, I guess we will see . . .

Those dates would fall more in line with a proposed group trip later on... I got the pin code for this offer but won't be able to use it as the friend I'd be going with won't have the funds to pay his share. He's going in 2 weeks with some friends of his.

leahjade
02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
does this mean you have to pay full package price? If so, do you get a bill for the difference if you've paid your package in full?

PrincessTiffany
02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
does this mean you have to pay full package price? If so, do you get a bill for the difference if you've paid your package in full?
What do you mean? Are you talking about a savings differece between a room code discount and a free dining discount? You would add the free dining code to save you money on your vacation not add more to your bill. If you are staying at a value or moderate resort the free dining discount is usually better. If you are staying at a deluxe resort than the 35% and 40% room discounts are better.

If you have booked a package and it is paid in full, and then you call later and add the free dining code or a room discount code, Disney will refund you the difference.

ratherbeindisney
02-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know if Easter is blocked out of this? Also, can you just purchase a one day park ticket to qualify???

I got this offer last week by Email. Seems to work at value and moderate resorts

Dining Plan, FREE
When you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that include accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets for stays most nights 2/28/107/3/10.

Not sure if I will do this or the $500 gift card saying 5 or 6 nights @ a Moderate resort

cathyny
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
We are going on our first trip in May 2010 & we are getting the $500 GC but would prefer the Free Dining.I just called to check to see if I can get & no luck. I am just wondering are the people who get the Pins ONLY returning families or can first time families also get a PIN?

PrincessTiffany
02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
We are going on our first trip in May 2010 & we are getting the $500 GC but would prefer the Free Dining.I just called to check to see if I can get & no luck. I am just wondering are the people who get the Pins ONLY returning families or can first time families also get a PIN?
There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets the codes. I've been 10 times and have NEVER gotten a discount pin code of any kind and I'm registered on every Disney web site there is.

momto3plus1angel
02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
I got the dining pin and have never been. I had just moments earlier updated some stuff on my disney page though. All of the dates of planned stay and what we are intersted in etc.
:cool1:

aanderson5
02-25-2010, 12:33 PM

You chould give it a try. I got a code in my Mom's name and they let us use it. My Mom lives with us and we, she and I, have the same last name. The key was the email said "the Anderson family" which I am part of. The first CM I talked to said we coundn't use it. Then I called back to ask why my Mom was getting emails at my address and that CM let me use it.

The funny thing is I booked 2 rooms using that code and the friends who traveled with us just got the FD pin also sent to my email. We still have nothing. :confused3

Minnie & Me
02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
How many day tickets do we need to purchase for a 5 night stay package? We have a 1day GAD ticket and plan on going to DisneyQuest and Waterparks.

Just like to confirm this before calling long distance.

PrincessTiffany
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
How many day tickets do we need to purchase for a 5 night stay package? We have a 1day GAD ticket and plan on going to DisneyQuest and Waterparks.

Just like to confirm this before calling long distance.
Are you talking about to qualify for the free dining promo/pin?

In the past you have always had to purchase a Magic Your Way Package with resort, dining and at least a one day base ticket to qualify for the free dining promo/pin code.

Minnie & Me
02-25-2010, 03:58 PM
You CAN buy 1 day ticket only to qualify for free QSDP pin.

Unforturnately some of our dates in March are sold out for the value resorts.

Currently, we have a room only reservation at the All Star Sports for 30% off. I asked if they could switch our room only rate to a package and the CM said no.

Oh well, I guess we will have to venture off site for some meals.

mermaidwannabe
02-26-2010, 01:49 PM

Currently, we have a room only reservation at the All Star Sports for 30% off. I asked if they could switch our room only rate to a package and the CM said no.

They wouldn't let you upgrade to a package? That doesn't sound right. ??

dancin Disney style
02-26-2010, 04:03 PM

You can always add the DDP if you have room and tickets. You can keep your 30% discount but will have to pay full price for tickets and DDP.

Most likely the resort is sold out of rooms that qualify for the free dining PIN. With all deals they limit the number of rooms they will sell at that price.

Minnie & Me
02-26-2010, 06:29 PM
CM said all the free dining packages are sold out for spring break and the pin was first sent out Feb 18. Why didn't I get it earlier? Wasted everyone's time! I am tempted to cancel our room ressie, stay offsite and cut down the number of days to the parks. My boy's have been begging to try Nick hotel.

With the free dining pin code we essentially come out ahead with 4 one day ticket.

I know I can pay for DP; but knowing others are getting it free will just bother me to no end everytime I pay for food on site.

Once you go free dining; it is so hard to go back without it.

Thank you everyone for your advise.

momtwoboys
02-26-2010, 07:22 PM
I hear ya Minnie!

strmtroopr96
02-27-2010, 12:57 AM

We already had a trip booked using the giftcard promo but my DH called WDW last night just to see if we had a free dining code. We had never received an email or anything.

A very nice CM was able to find the code attached to our home address. Woo Hoo!! We were originally staying at Pop in May with either the Quick Service Dining plan and the $300 giftcard. But now for just $100 more, we are staying at Coronado Springs with the Regular Dining Plan!!

He did ask to see if there was a code attached to my parents as well. Come to find out, our code actually has my father's name BUT our home address! The CM said that the code could be used by whoever lived at the address and had nothing to do with the name on it. :confused3 So we could use it but my Dad wouldn't be able to.

DisneyDadNY
03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Disney must have just sent another blast of this QS PIN code out. I just received the email from Disney Destinations at 3 different email addresses. One other member of my family also just received the PIN code.

Can't use it but nice to know Mickey cares enough to send one along now and then...... :)

S.S.Oceanlover
03-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Disney must have just sent another blast of this QS PIN code out. I just received the email from Disney Destinations at 3 different email addresses. One other member of my family also just received the PIN code.

Can't use it but nice to know Mickey cares enough to send one along now and then...... :)

I don't know what you have to do to get one of these codes. I have 3 different email addresses registered and din't get anything yet on any of them.

Bill

momtwoboys
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
We never got one either!!! I'm so sad that we can't get one because the price difference is hundreds of $$$$ nothing to sneeze at:sad2: and today is our last day to make any changes without penalty!!!

liltoot
03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't ever get pins. Looking for one for December.

S.S.Oceanlover
03-01-2010, 12:02 PM
We never got one either!!! I'm so sad that we can't get one because the price difference is hundreds of $$$$ nothing to sneeze at:sad2: and today is our last day to make any changes without penalty!!!

I feel your pain!:goodvibes

Bill

Zippa D Doodah
03-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I just got this code today! There is an outside chance that we could be making a family trip in May/June, which would be within the free dining dates. :cool1:

Now I need to go do some research. First of all, I know we'd want to upgrade to standard DDP. Then I need to check on value vs. mod vs. deluxe.

Does anyone know how much it is p/p to upgrade to standard DDP? Now that the kids are 13 and 10, we count as four adults. :scared1:

dancin Disney style
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I just got this code today! There is an outside chance that we could be making a family trip in May/June, which would be within the free dining dates. :cool1:

Now I need to go do some research. First of all, I know we'd want to upgrade to standard DDP. Then I need to check on value vs. mod vs. deluxe.

Does anyone know how much it is p/p to upgrade to standard DDP? Now that the kids are 13 and 10, we count as four adults. :scared1:

It's about $10 per person....but there are times of the year that it's more than that. Without looking I don't know if May/June falls under that.

YesMickey
03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't ever get pins. Looking for one for December.
I got the same PIN for the free QS dining as we are booked for in two weeks. My suggestion is to go and price your trip for the resort, package etc. on the Disney site after logging into the website with your email address, and instead of booking it, save it. A survey will then pop up as to why you didn't book. Check the box that says either, you feel you can get a better deal somewhere else or it didn't look like a good deal. Whichever one says it costs too much. I did that about 5 times and I got the 30% off PIN for a Value, which I then booked with and then got the free QS dining last week. I tried to book it, but the only openings was at AKL. Over $1000 more than I am booked at Pop Century for. GOOD LUCK.:thumbsup2

mermaidwannabe
03-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm truly happy for all of you; I just want a pin SOOO badly too! Please oh Disney Pin Fairy, pick me!! :worship:

barbaracas
03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I get a ton of emails but don't think I got this one. What was the subject?? Is it good if I rent points?

anthonyshine
03-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi..
I just recently booked 7 nights (hotel only) in May at Port Orleans-Riverside and received 30% off. I didn't book any dining or tickets yet. The tickets I will probably get from AA and I'm still up in the air about the dining.

Now today, I get the PIN for the free QS dining. There are SO many options..I have a headache.

I keep thinking the 30% off the room might be the better deal but then again, who knows.
Any thoughts?

dancin Disney style
03-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I get a ton of emails but don't think I got this one. What was the subject?? Is it good if I rent points?

subject: 'Enjoy this Disney deal XXXX family'

You have to book at package at full price to get the free QSDP. Minimum of 4 nights.

Pirate Dad
03-01-2010, 04:06 PM
We were on the fence about a Disney trip this year (or vacation at all I should say). I kept checking prices and flights but couldn't commit. Then viola, DW gets the free QS-dining PIN and we're off to see the mouse! Woo-hoo! :cool1:

For all those waiting for a PIN keep hope alive. May the PIN gnomes grant you one soon! :thumbsup2

loganjared
03-01-2010, 05:02 PM
This pin thing just doesn't make any sense. Why do they send some people mulitple pins, and the rest of us jump through all the hoops and can't even get one. Sorry for the pity party.:confused3

leahjade
03-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I know we'd want to upgrade to standard DDP

We'd want to upgrade, too, and I'm not sure that the deal is worth it then. $10 extra dollars per day x 6 people x 7 nights equals $420. Wouldn't a 25% to 40% off room be a better deal? These deals involve so much math!!

NJDISMOM
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Congrats to all of you with pins ! :cool1::cool1:

For those who didn't get one, keep calling ! I had to try about 4 times before they found one for me !:confused3 It was so worth it !

KCmike
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Okay We got this pin as well.

Here is our breakdown. We are a family of five and we usually stay at PO Riverside. We usually will share adult counter service for some meals. So I priced the basic tickets, alligator bayou non water view, and came up with $2125 with the savings on the hotel deal while with the counter service meal deal the price was $2501. Thats about a $376 difference. We usually allot $100 a day for us to eat at the World. This would save us over $225. I noticed that the quick service deal allots for two meals, two snacks, and a refill mug. Has it always been two snacks? I really haven't priced the quick dining in a long while because we've been visiting Disneyland the last three years.

One question for everyone though - Is it worth $1200 to jump up to the Poly? It seems that major advance is the monorail and the view. Is that worth $200 a day?

Sandisw
03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Okay We got this pin as well.

Here is our breakdown. We are a family of five and we usually stay at PO Riverside. We usually will share adult counter service for some meals. So I priced the basic tickets, alligator bayou non water view, and came up with $2125 with the savings on the hotel deal while with the counter service meal deal the price was $2501. Thats about a $376 difference. We usually allot $100 a day for us to eat at the World. This would save us over $225. I noticed that the quick service deal allots for two meals, two snacks, and a refill mug. Has it always been two snacks? I really haven't priced the quick dining in a long while because we've been visiting Disneyland the last three years.

One question for everyone though - Is it worth $1200 to jump up to the Poly? It seems that major advance is the monorail and the view. Is that worth $200 a day?

The QSDP was new in 2009. It has always been 2 snacks and 2 CS meals. We are deluxe people and think that staying at the monorail resorts are worth the extra money.

Of course, we are now DVC owners so will be staying at BLT for most of our trips (our favorite place!!!!).

Zippa D Doodah
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm truly happy for all of you; I just want a pin SOOO badly too! Please oh Disney Pin Fairy, pick me!! :worship:

FWIW I went for years and never got a single code. Then about 18 months or so ago I got one. Now it seems that I get just about every code they offer. :confused3

aceys_h0ney
03-02-2010, 08:15 AM
We'd want to upgrade, too, and I'm not sure that the deal is worth it then. $10 extra dollars per day x 6 people x 7 nights equals $420. Wouldn't a 25% to 40% off room be a better deal? These deals involve so much math!!

It just depends on your party size and what you were planning originally. For us the QSDP and upgrading to regular DP was an awesome deal. We are a family of 6 with 4 considered as adults and 1 under 3. The 30% off MOD saved us $400 & something but the free QSDP saved us almost $1000. We were planning on getting the regular DDP with or without an offer so to us to pay just under $400 for the upgrade was worth it.

If you have the PIN offer you can check the quotes online now so you don't have to call. So I would just get a quote online with the PIN offer and then the public offer to see which is a better deal for your family.

It seems if you have 40% off Deluxe that is a better deal for most then the dining PIN.

ksloane
03-02-2010, 09:02 AM
If you have the PIN offer you can check the quotes online now so you don't have to call. So I would just get a quote online with the PIN offer and then the public offer to see which is a better deal for your family.

So I got a room only pin and wanted to price it out online and could not find where to put the pin in to see if the discount would work at our hotel during the time we are going. Where do we actually enter it? I went all the way through to the point it was asking me for a credit card? Did I just overlook it? :surfweb:

Rosanne
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to actually call Disney when you have a pin code and can't book with a pin code online.

chocovrdmicears
03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
So I got a room only pin and wanted to price it out online and could not find where to put the pin in to see if the discount would work at our hotel during the time we are going. Where do we actually enter it? I went all the way through to the point it was asking me for a credit card? Did I just overlook it? :surfweb:

You have to call. You cannot see the actual discount using your PIN online. You can *estimate* it by getting a room only quote on the website, then subtracting your % off.

ksloane
03-02-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to actually call Disney when you have a pin code and can't book with a pin code online.

Ok..in a way I'm relieved..at least that means I wasn't overlooking the blank the THREE times I went through it and tried...I went ahead and just forwarded the email to my TA so she can find out

TDC Nala
03-02-2010, 09:34 AM
I totally do not expect that free QS dining 2/28 to 7/3 will go public. Guessing that the first public free dining offer for 2010 will be for August 15 to October 2. (Those dates are only speculation and can't be confirmed)

Is it good if I rent points?

Free dining offers are not applicable to DVC reservations.

If you want to upgrade quick service to basic, the cost is $10 per adult per night in regular season and $15 per adult per night in peak season (for the purposes of this offer peak season is 2/28 to 4/10 and 6/4 through the end of the offer)

PIRATEGIRL007
03-02-2010, 10:24 AM
I just got this pin today too. Now I've gotta run the numbers and figure out if that or the AP rate for May is better.

FWIW I was on the Disney site 2 days ago ironically looking up something for a post here and when I exited out I got the survey I said I didn't book now b/c I wanted a better deal and put in the comments I wanted free dining for our dates and :wizard: today I have the pin. Some say playing online doesn't work but that's just 2 times now (in past 4 months) that doing the survey or saving the offers has gotten me a pin code, plus once for a friend (plus she sd this morning she got a post card pin too), so I am a true beleiver in the website trickery.

PIRATEGIRL007
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I just ran the numbers for our trip 2 adults, 2 children May 23-30th at POR.
Room only AP rate 40% off plus regular DDP = $1579
saving $550
Free QSDP + upgrade to regular DDP ($84) and 1 day MYW tickets ($331) = $1770
saving $591.76
but we have to buy $331 for MYW 1 day tickets that we don't need all of(adults have AP's kids do need tickets but for 8 days)

So we are looking at $42 more in savings w/ the free quick service pin but will have to spend money on 2 adult 1 day MYW tickets we don't need right now. And yeah we can hold them to upgrade our AP's but we already have one left from Free Dining last year for that.................. and will prob snag another one if the regular DDP plan goes free this fall.........decisions decisions

opinions anyone? what would you do?

Bridge203618
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Do you think they only offer pins to those that price a package? I don't really need a package, but if that would help me get free dining I might consider it.

Halloweenqueen
03-02-2010, 12:03 PM
We are crossing our fingers and toes over FD in August. My husband doesn't want to upgrade if we only get QS. It will be almost $1000 for us to upgrade.

I would hate to be limited to just a couple TS and TONS of CS....in AUGUST. The whole point of going in that month is because of FD. We will look to winter dates if there is no regular FD for values.

aceys_h0ney
03-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh when I got the PIN for dining it said to book online click here and provided a link, when I went to that link it asked for the name the PIN was sent to and the zip code, the PIN was already copied in. I guess they are not all like that yet. Perhaps it was a sign of things to come. I can actually still go in through that link and get quotes.

PIRATEGIRL007
03-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Do you think they only offer pins to those that price a package? I don't really need a package, but if that would help me get free dining I might consider it.
I have gotten pins looking for room only ressies and packages, not sure if it matters to generate the pin at all. I have gotten 3 pins, and twice I was looking for room only.

DDP isn't going to work for you if you don't need a package. You will not get free dinning at anytime without a package. To qualify to add dining plan you must have a package. A package is defined as a on property at disney and includes at least a 1 night ticket.

Bridge203618
03-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I have gotten pins looking for room only ressies and packages, not sure if it matters to generate the pin at all. I have gotten 3 pins, and twice I was looking for room only.

DDP isn't going to work for you if you don't need a package. You will not get free dinning at anytime without a package. To qualify to add dining plan you must have a package. A package is defined as a on property at disney and includes at least a 1 night ticket.

I knew that I would have to get some kind of package, but if it saves me money I would do it. Or if it comes out the same I would do it because I could save my tickets that I have. But to be clear if I happen to get a free dining pin, could I just get 1 day of tickets but a whole week of dining? I am actually staying 8 nights.

TDC Nala
03-02-2010, 03:01 PM
I knew that I would have to get some kind of package, but if it saves me money I would do it. Or if it comes out the same I would do it because I could save my tickets that I have. But to be clear if I happen to get a free dining pin, could I just get 1 day of tickets but a whole week of dining? I am actually staying 8 nights.

Dining is based on the number of nights you stay at the resort. The way it's been done in previous offers, you could buy a 1 day ticket for everyone on the reservation, and you would still get free dining for the full 8 nights, as long as you check in during the promotion period.

KCmike
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
The QSDP was new in 2009. It has always been 2 snacks and 2 CS meals. We are deluxe people and think that staying at the monorail resorts are worth the extra money.

Of course, we are now DVC owners so will be staying at BLT for most of our trips (our favorite place!!!!).

I think we will stick with PO Riverside again just because I can have more days of vacation there vs. few days at a deluxe resort. Maybe in the future when its just my wife and I we can splurge there.

Our 20th anniversary is the the fall of this year and I would love to take her to Disneyland for Christmas.

Bridge203618
03-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Still praying and trying to do anything to get this PIN. Do you think they are still giving them out? For those of you that have it. IS it limited to a 5 day stay? We are staying 8 nights.

StuckInKS
03-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Have all of these come via postcard or have some gotten them via e-mail? I have received a few FD PINS through e-mail, but since the first one was for Aug-Oct, I assumed they all were and did not check the dates on the others. I may have to pull them all back up.

KCmike
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Still praying and trying to do anything to get this PIN. Do you think they are still giving them out? For those of you that have it. IS it limited to a 5 day stay? We are staying 8 nights.

Your not going to believe this but we just got the pin for Quick Service Dining AGAIN after we already booked it with a pin code a month ago:confused3

So hang in there.....

clowe247
03-17-2010, 08:50 PM
come wdw Whats the Next Promotion ????????????????:surfweb:

Bridge203618
03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Your not going to believe this but we just got the pin for Quick Service Dining AGAIN after we already booked it with a pin code a month ago:confused3

So hang in there.....

:sad2: NOT FAIR!!!!

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Jenny Wren
03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I just got a QSDP pin too, this is the second one. We are not booked yet, but I cant use it cause its only good til 8/14. We are going in Dec. Hopefully another deal will come out. If they do offer the QSDP for Dec, is it possible to upgrade to the regular dining plan? That would be nice. What is the price per person for the QSDP anyway? ;)

DISNEYGAMMIE
03-18-2010, 04:15 PM
They are still giving them out!!

This is the first time I have ever gotten one, well actually my Son's family got it but they are on my reservation so it was applied.

The strange thing is I sent for a planning DVD for my Granddaughter and it came in mail yesterday then the pin came in an e-mail today :yay:
Maybe a coincidence??

BellePrincessBelle
03-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I just got one today & applied it to my reservation. Saved $300 because I had to give up my room discount. Still happy.

S.S.Oceanlover
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
They are still giving them out!!

This is the first time I have ever gotten one, well actually my Son's family got it but they are on my reservation so it was applied.

The strange thing is I sent for a planning DVD for my Granddaughter and it came in mail yesterday then the pin came in an e-mail today :yay:
Maybe a coincidence??

Conratulations. We got the DVD today so we will see what tomorrow brings.

Bill

zman70
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
We used a PIN last month for a Free QSPS and we got another today. Kinda crazy.

The Offer Emailed to me today
Dining Plan, FREE

when you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets! For stays most nights now through 8/14/10.

Scurry and book through 4/30/10!

mousiemom
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
unbelieveable!! we have been trying to get this QSFD for our may trip and NOTHING!! we've called 4 times to ask, no emails, no postcards! you people are lucky!! that would be beautiful if we would receive one before we leave in a month 1/2!