PDA

View Full Version : question about specials (free dining, % off, etc)

PJR
02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
If you recognize me from my questions in the DVC department, that deal fell through. The points were given to someone else. So I'll be making my own booking, and I'm okay with that. Our airfare is already booked. We're going in the first week of December - YAY!

Now here's my question:

If I book now, and later on a promotion is offered, can that be applied to my already-existing reservation? Like a percentage off, or (ideally) a free dining deal. So, can I book now and see if a deal comes along, -OR- do I need to wait for the special to be offered and then make my reservation?

Thanks for any info! :goodvibes

Tink3rbell86
02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes you can. All you have to do is keep an eye out and when u see an offer you like call up disney and they can apply it i did it for our next trip in march... we booked In september October came and they had the stay 4 nights get 3 free and we switched over!!! Good Luck with your planning! :)

Disney Bunny
02-22-2010, 01:40 PM
If you recognize me from my questions in the DVC department, that deal fell through. The points were given to someone else. So I'll be making my own booking, and I'm okay with that. Our airfare is already booked. We're going in the first week of December - YAY!

Now here's my question:

If I book now, and later on a promotion is offered, can that be applied to my already-existing reservation? Like a percentage off, or (ideally) a free dining deal. So, can I book now and see if a deal comes along, -OR- do I need to wait for the special to be offered and then make my reservation?

They can apply it IF there are rooms available in the category that you are booked in. If there are no longer rooms available you may have to go up or down to use it.....from a view to a standard or from a standard to a view for example. For instance, I had already booked at CSR for November. A couple weeks later, I got a 20/30/40 PIN. I was able to apply the pin to my existing reservations and saved $480. However, if I had only gotten the PIN in the last week or so, I would have been unable to use it as there are currently no rooms showing available at all for our dates.

Missytara
02-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Now here's my question:

You can book a package now and change that package in any way up to 45 days before you check in without a penalty. After that, there will be some sort-of penalty.

You must be aware though that discounts are done to fill rooms. If your resort is filled near or to capacity for that week, it will not qualify for that resort. You may have to settle on another resort.

Case in point, I go the week after Thanksgiving and go to POR. It never seems to be on the discount, because their rooms seem to already be almost at full capacity. Last year, when the 4/3 deal was extended, they would offer me CBR with the savings; no rooms were available at POR on the discount because they didn't need it.

it's kelly
02-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I called Disney the other day to verify this concern and I was told that as long as it's prior to 45 days of your arrival there will be no charge. If it is less than 45 days there will be a charge of $50.00.