PDA

View Full Version : Would you try this @ Saratoga Springs?

In The Zone
02-22-2010, 08:39 AM
I just booked a 2 bedroom villa @ SSR for August. I used the 45% of pin for this and got a really nice deal(I think). What we really wanted was a Treehouse Villa but the CM on the phone told me that the THV weren't included as part of the 45% deal. The THV and our 2 bedroom villa are the exact same price per night. Would it be worth it to ask @ check in if they had any THVs available? I know that it's frowned upon to ask for upgrades but this would be a lateral move(same price per night).

We are checking in real early(11am) so I doubt our room will be ready yet. I'm thinking that that would be a good time to ask for the THV.

Also, I was contemplating Online check in vs. regular check in. If I do online check in then our room might be ready when we arrive thus blowing my chance for asking about a THV.

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Thoughts?

csaribay
02-22-2010, 08:51 AM
You could ask, but the Tree House Villas rarely have multiple night vacancies on the day of check-in. They are pretty popular. In consideration for a move, they may also look at your rate and consider it against rack rate (different accommodations have a different price depending when you book them - even though this seems like a lateral move, Disney probably doesn't include the Tree House Villas as part a pin offer because it's not needed to fill units. They'd be full in either case - they're limited commodity with relatively high demand). You may be liable for any price difference. Then again, they may not, and consider it be a lateral move as you said.

Online check in won't make a difference. You are merely pre-registering and providing information that would be asked of you during check in. On your day of arrival, your collateral and keys will prepared ahead of your arrival reducing your overall check-in time and the number of questions you are asked. This will not have any effect on a possible move.

Lynne M
02-22-2010, 08:52 AM
The odds of having a THV open when you check in are very slim. There aren't a lot of them, and they're very popular with DVC members, who get first shot at them.

You still have time to rent a reservation from a DVC member, have you considered doing that?