PDA

View Full Version : KIdani or Jambo with 2 small children??

rance
02-22-2010, 09:06 AM
HI,

Trying to decide between a studio in Jambo or Kidani...which would you recommend? our children are 2 and 5 so pool is important.

thanks

JDUCKY
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
The pool at Kidani has a cool water play area that I bet the kids would love.

There are a few pics of the pools here:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-Villas/News/07May2009-A-look-at-the-new-Kidani-Village-pool-area.htm

Miaka
02-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure what time of year you are heading down, but with two small children, and the quite possible realization that you will be taking a stroller or two, I would say Kidani for the sheer fact of the Park Busses stop there first. We didn't face many crowded busses unless we were heading out first thing in the morning, but Kidani is the first stop, and Jambo is the second, and lots of Jambo people ended up standing. With two smalls and a stroller, I would say Kidani all the way. The Pool area at Kidani was awesome too. the kids play area was great, my 3 kids ran around it like crazy, and it was even half shut off (the water spray toys were not running at 10pm when we went down there) Uzima just got refurbed (that's the pool at Jambo.) but I would honestly say though Pool is important, the bus situation would be the clincher for me (and why we chose Kidani over Jambo for our trip earlier this month.)

rance
02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Great insight...thanks.Never thought about the busses.

thanks again.

rance
02-22-2010, 09:41 AM
One last thing...do both villages offer the guides that tell stories around the fire pit or is that just at jambo?

Also where would you request to have a studio located?near lobby, near pool??
we will not have a car.

Miaka
02-22-2010, 09:47 AM
There was stuff going on at the fire pit, I didn't get down there in time for the stories, but there was also a Cast Member down there in the mornings to answer any questions my kids had about the animals, it was really cool. We didn't request a room, but I was very happy with our room placement. We were in room 7229 (a one bedroom) but there was as studio right next to us. it's was in the 4th section of buildings, and when we got off the buses, we just walked through three of the building sections to our room on that side of the building. We just got off the buses, walked up into the building on the buss door and walked down to our room, it wasn't that long of a walk. we were on the lobby floor, so if I did need to go down there it was a little bit of a walk but really quick, and there was a huge viewing window at each "break" between the building sections. We didn't have a car either, and we took our 9, 6 and 4 year old. we only went to the pool once because the kids were SOOO tired after time in the parks, but it was a bit of a hike from our side of the building, so it's down to which side you want closer to the pool or closer to the bus stop. :) (sorry for the long winded response to a simple question LOL)