PDA

View Full Version : POP Question...

mackait0307
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but it is possible to see Epcot (& the Fireworks) from POP? If so, where is the best location?

JDUCKY
02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
If you see anything, it might be a little sparkle in the sky off in the distance.

Illuminations is a low-flying fireworks show. It's concentrated low over the lagoon.

WizardLarz
02-21-2010, 05:50 PM
There have been some reports that forth floor rooms facing the lake are able to see a few of the fireworks.

gobraves39560
02-21-2010, 07:34 PM
We saw great view.. 8o's section 4th floor!! It was great!! I'll find pics and post!!

WEDWDW
02-21-2010, 08:00 PM
You can see AND hear a lot of the high fireworks from IllumiNations.The best views are in Building 2(1950s) on the third and fourth floors.:)

You can see "a little" of Wishes in the distance.:)

JDUCKY
02-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Hmm...had not heard nor read of that.

Makes me wonder if we should try for one of those rooms Fri. night or go for the 70s bldg and check out the newly refurbed rooms.

gobraves39560
02-21-2010, 08:31 PM
We saw great view.. 8o's section 4th floor!! It was great!! I'll find pics and post!!

Was it 80's or 50's.. Gosh I can't remember, but we did see both sets. Def. a BONUS!! 9:00 at the room.. fireworks.. and no crowded busses.. makes me want to go back there in May, but we are doing PORS this time for the boatride to Downtown, carriage rides, etc. But I do LOVE Pop!!

jerlove
02-21-2010, 09:55 PM
We were in the "tramp" building. Can not remember what building number.... However we were 4th floor facing epcot over the lake and every night we were able to see the fireworks.

Mrs D
02-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but it is possible to see Epcot (& the Fireworks) from POP? If so, where is the best location?

We had a beautiful view of Illuminations in December from the Generation Gap bridge!

WEDWDW
02-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Was it 80's or 50's.. Gosh I can't remember, but we did see both sets. Def. a BONUS!! 9:00 at the room.. fireworks.. and no crowded busses.. makes me want to go back there in May, but we are doing PORS this time for the boatride to Downtown, carriage rides, etc. But I do LOVE Pop!!
Any part of Pop Century where you can see Spaceship Earth provides a view of the high fireworks,but the 1950s-Building 2-third or fourth floors is the "sweet spot".:)

dsnymomof4
02-22-2010, 06:11 AM
We have seen them on several occasions - the best views are from the back of the 50s building furthest away from the lobby. Although you can see some fireworks (the high ones) off in the distance, it's definitely not the same as seeing them in person.

goofy4tink
02-22-2010, 06:45 AM
As already posted, the best views of IllumiNations is from the 50's areas...on the backs of the bldgs that face towards Epcot. And you really do have to be on the third floor, at least. The fourth floor is the best place.
BUT...with that being said....it doesn't replace being there, at Epcot, for the show. You see only the higher up fireworks, and a lot happens on groud (water) level.
Many people have stayed at Pop, thinking they were going to get this wonderful view of IllumiNations, and that just doesn't happen. They end up being very disappointed.

kaytieeldr
02-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Note that you don't need to be staying in one of "the" buildings. Anyone can go up to the third or fourth floor of building 3 (that's the one everybody's recommending) facing the water and see JUST the three brief periods of high fireworks from IllumiNations.

You can also, as described above, see them from the Generation Gap bridge.

seadd67
02-22-2010, 08:05 AM
I have to agree nothing replace the actual experince of being there. We did see some of the high firework display,actually from the courtyard out side the 50's section comeing back from the food court. But It Is a nice little Disney Bouns.

tzolkin
02-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Our first trip we stayed on the 4th floor of the 70s building in the back. You could see the high fireworks from there as well. Several people stood at the top of the stairs on the back end of the building to see them.

GraceLuvsWDW
02-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I requested this view 3 years ago. IMO the inconvenience of that location overwhelmed the distant fireworks. Yes, it was nice sitting and watching them with my dd but the walk to Classic Hall or back to the room after a long day is LONG. One other thing that was nice- it is quiet over there with lots of bunnies & ducks!

goodfaerie
02-22-2010, 09:18 AM
We are just back from POP and yes, we could see the fireworks from our 4th floor room in building 3, but it is a little bit of a hike back to the room after pounding the parks pavement. Plus, we only saw them one night, as we were IN the parks the other nights. It is a really cute hotel, but it's HUGE. I like a little more quiet and serenity, so IMHO, it's not the one for me.

I am glad we stayed tho--the CMs were AWESOME!!! Especially EJ!:goodvibes

Have a great trip!