PDA

View Full Version : CSR VS. WL Which one???

grumpysmrs
02-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok I have a BB at WL for 10 days 8/28-9/6 the kids just said they would rather go to CSR again..... both resorts are within $50 of each other. Which would you choose and why?:confused3:confused3

Disneychix
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
My favorite 2 resorts! With the ages of your kids that's a hard one. I would normally say WL for younger kids cause you can take the boat right there but with your kids being teens maybe CSR would be better. Of course at WL you'd get the balcony, that's always a plus!

DefLepard
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Water rental
Both places have great water activities but the added bonus to WL is the bay lake and views from small water craft
WL = Win

Food
CSR has the Pepper market & Maya Grill
WL has Whispering Canyon Café & Artist Point
WL = Win

WL has buses, water shuttles
WL = Win

Pool
Both resorts have nice pools
Hmmm, WL has more Ducks swimming in the pool :rolleyes1
Win = ?

I say Wilderness Lodge with the Fireplace and Geyser

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
02-21-2010, 11:07 PM
I would go with the Wilderness Lodge because in my opinion they have a better theme, overall location, dining location, transportation options and all their rooms are located in one main building.

bmalonef45
02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Though I've never been to CSR, the fact that it is a moderate resort and WL is considered a deluxe makes the fact that they are within $50 feel like you are getting a bargain at WL. WL is awesome and its location is hard to beat for many of the reasons previously posted. Its WDW, the kids are going to love either but I'd go for WL.

bmalonef45
02-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Though I've never been to CSR, the fact that it is a moderate resort and WL is considered a deluxe makes the fact that they are within $50 feel like you are getting a bargain at WL. WL is awesome and its location is hard to beat for many of the reasons previously posted. Its WDW, the kids are going to love either but I'd go for WL.

christinec68
02-22-2010, 12:21 AM
I prefer the WL - I think it's just beautiful. I like that, except for the fitness center, everything is one building.

snowwhite17
02-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Hands down WL although we own here so I may be a bit bias.:lovestruc We love the theming, the pool, relaxing in the beautiful lobby, the water mice, boat ride to Magic Kindom, view of the water parade, I could go on and on. Have a great time where ever you pick to stay!!

blanq
02-22-2010, 12:41 PM
My family has stayed at both, and we prefer WL to CSR for reasons others have already mentioned.

vettegirl
02-22-2010, 01:23 PM
wow reading this is making me want to switch to the WL for our may trip instead of CSR.

Claire&TheBoys
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Our most recent stay was at WL; prior to that we've had 3 stays at CSR. We like them both for different reasons. At WL, we enjoyed the proximity to MK. We have 2 kids under 8, so we spend a lot of time there, plus we had tickets for the Christmas party and the boat launch was fabulous. But getting to the other parks was less fabulous. We took the bus to Epcot one day and it took like 30 minutes because we had to go to Fort Wilderness first, then on to Epcot. Took forever. After that, we drove to the other parks besides MK. When we stay at CSR, we use the Disney buses because it's such a short ride to get anywhere and the routes are direct, no stops at other resorts. We prefer that.

The rooms are comparable. Both have queen-sized beds. The bathroom area at WL was larger and had 2 sinks and there was a large closet. I did think the storage space at WL was superior to that of CSR, but that's not a deal-breaker for us.

Food-wise, we rarely eat our resorts, so again, not a big issue for us. We have enjoyed Pepper Market fine when we've eaten there; we also enjoyed Roaring Fork and Whispering Canyon at WL.

If I had my own vehicle, I'd spend the extra $50 for WL; if not, I'd use the buses at CSR.

KatMark
02-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Personally, the theme at the WL holds no interest for us and after the run in we had with a CM on one of two visits, we won't stay there (I don't put up with it when people lie right to my face...I have an issue with it). However, if you really want to go deluxe, give it a try. Everyone has different tastes, opinions, expectations, etc. We love the CSR -- have stayed eight times -- and will go back again and again.

dacky041208
02-22-2010, 04:14 PM
We love CSR, but Disney has so many different choices we don't feel the need to go back there until we've tried some others. Especially if WL is only a little bit more, wouldn't you want to stay at a deluxe?

WiscMomof2
02-22-2010, 04:29 PM
We've stayed at both and both are very nice. That said, for a few bucks more I would definitely try WL. My kids liked it a lot more than CSR. Everything about it was fantastic! Good luck with whatever you decide. :goodvibes