PDA

View Full Version : Where to request at AKL?

needabreaknow
02-21-2010, 03:59 PM
We are staying at AKL for two nights of out longer vacation. We have a savannah view already. I am trying to find out where to request our room to be. The only time we stayed there was years ago. We requested the savannah view and got an obstructed view of the asphalt and about 5 feet of a corner of a savannah section. They did change us the next day but it put a damper on the first evening and I don't want it to happen again. I really don't have any advice on good requests for that hotel. Any advice?

OKW Lover
02-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Well, you've already done the most important thing by booking the savannah view. Beyond that your thoughts should be going to things like how far from the lobby you want to be (closer = more traffic outside your door, but shorter walks) and if you prefer upper or lower floors.

dvc deernut
02-21-2010, 05:32 PM
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/dvcdeernut/IMG_1916-1.jpg

THIS IS WHERE WE STAYED AT AKL IT WAS ON SAME FLOOR AS THAT WALKWAY AND NOT TOO FAR FROM ELEVATER TO POOL. THIS WAS SAVANNAH STUDIO

mmmears
02-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I would ask for a good, unobstructed view if that's the most important thing to you. Hopefully the room assignors will see that and place you in a room with a great view.

We've stayed twice and had great views over the Arusha Savanna (the main one off the lobby).