PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Easy Ideas For In Room Breakfast??

pixiedustS&A
02-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi, I was wondering what some quick and easy breakfast ideas are that we can eat in our resort room before we head to the parks to save time and money. We are planning on flying so we will not be able to bring much. Also does disney offer fresh fruit that it not that expensive? Thanks

bitohoney
02-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Before I decided to try the DxDP I used to bring a couple of boxes of Slim Fast meal bars. I'm not sure the pricing of the fruit because I usually get it as a snack on the DP but resort food courts have a small selection of fruit. Apples, bananas, grapes and watermelon is what I remember.

DaniB
02-21-2010, 11:50 AM
We're flying as well so I'm going to use gardengrocer.com to purchase & deliver some breakfast items for us to eat in the room.

- juice boxes for morning and snacks
- carnation milk for hubby & I in the morning
- cereal bars
- Kellogg's cereal packaged in a 1 serving bowl (just add milk & spoon)
- motts fruit snacks and nuts on the go

Dani

AirGoofy
02-21-2010, 11:56 AM
My children like the Gogurt stuff as well. It has more sugar in it than I thought, but a good breakfast. You need to have a fridge since bringing a cooler on the place won't be a great idea.

jennipooh
02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
We have had good luck with a small jar of peanut butter (ds will eat it on a spoon), trail mix, granola bars, and cereal for breakfast (Target has single serving General Mills varieties for about $1 each). For snacks we also pack Flavor Blasted Goldfish crackers, dry roasted peanuts, and a few bags of individual servings of chips (3/$1.00 at Walmart).

This takes up a little space in the luggage - which is quickly filled with souvenirs!!

Fresh fruit is reasonable at WDW - not much over a dollar. Also, you get applesauce and/or grapes with the kids meals. These make great breakfasts/snacks.

Muffins and croissants are also affordable at WDW, IMO.

emer95
02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
We ate cereal and milk every morning in the room and it was a huge time and money saver. We were out the door nice and quickly. We stayed at Pop so we didn't have a fridge, but we still managed. We brought a soft-sided cooler that squished down flat in the suitcase. Each night and morning my hubby would fill it with fresh ice from the ice machine and we kept it in the tub. He bought a quart of milk from the food quart and we kept it icy cold in our makeshift fridge. We brought a box of Frosted Flakes in our luggage because that's the one cereal we couls all agree on. LOL I packed plastic bowls and spoons and we threw them away. We saved SO much money doing this and we were able to get to the parks before they opened each morning.
Next time we go I'm going to try to do the Pop Fridge swap on the budget boards. That will make this process even easier!

scard192
02-21-2010, 02:23 PM
We placed an order with Garden Grocer and ordered muffins and Entemanns type pastries for breakfast. Apple sauce and poptarts for my grand daughter.

KellyNY
02-21-2010, 02:28 PM
We bring with us cup-a-soups and instant oat meals, we use hot water from coffe maker or if you stay at value, get water in food court. also granolla bars.

Tara922c
02-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I would pack a big box of cereal, plastic bowls and spoons, and buy milk when you get there. We are doing that. My dd lives for cereal, and we thought it would be a nice breakfast, or even a snack late at night. Cheap too!

BraveLittleToaster2
02-21-2010, 02:44 PM
We also use Garden Grocer and order a gallon of milk and bread and bring with us peanut butter and boxes of those tiny cereals for breakfast. We also usually get banana's or grapes from Garden Grocer to use as snacks.

Eating breakfast in the room is cheaper and A LOT quicker in the morning then always buy in the cafeteria....