PDA

View Full Version : anyone else work out at resorts while at disney?

deslynnpatterson
02-21-2010, 10:19 AM
I have a really good workout routine going-- and when im at disney i still want to try to work out!! I know even though i will be walking a lot LOL I still want to at least do 30 mins of cardio every morning-- so my question is how are the gyms at the resorts-- specifically CSR-- ( thats were we are staying) and how easy/hard is it to get a treadmill-- for 30 mins? And who else is with me with working out while at disney?:lmao: thanks everyone:)

TigrLvsPooh
02-21-2010, 10:43 AM
i've never had trouble finding a treadmill at WDW... most of the resorts have a gym and they are never crowded. :)

Naively Occur
02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
I've found the gyms pretty well equipped with no problems to get on a treadmill in either the morning or afternoon.

bitohoney
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm on a regular workout routine too! But when I go to WDW I figure I'm walking so much I don't think twice about a treadmill.

TigrLvsPooh
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Pedometer readings at the end of the day average about 10-15 miles of walking. So the treadmill isn't really necessary! ;)

Baltazar
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Anyone else work out while at Disney?

If getting up at 8am and walking all day in the August heat is a workout then yes I do.

My brother in law calls it "The Disney Death March" ... :lmao:

PixieTopaz
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
WL Villas and AKL both have good gyms. I have gone twice during stays-early AM and there were lots exercising.:):banana:

plutolovr
02-21-2010, 01:23 PM
CSR gym is small, but well equipped. However, last time I was there some of the treadmills were not working.

For those that say you walk alot so no need to exercise, I don't believe you get your heart rate up enough (for me 145 to 165bpm) for it to be a good cardio workout, unless you're running around the parks.

OP, I'm with you. I try to get in some cardio while I'm there. One time we were staying at POFQ where there is no gym, so I jogged between POFQ and POR a couple times each morning. I'm not a jogger, I like to do spin and step, so jogging is really a chore for me, but it makes me feel so much better and I don't get so tired by the end of the trip.

dansyr2514
02-21-2010, 02:12 PM
CSR gym is really nice. Everything you need. We always start the working out the first couple of days and then kind of bag it after all the walking. Also, the path around CSR is really nice to jog. Early morning is kinda quiet and nice scenery if you want to walk or jog it.

clydenora
02-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Although I am not the OP, I would like to thank all for the information. I was looking to find out if there was a place to jog and/or work out while at CSR, and happily I have found out there is from your posts. We are going in two weeks and I will need to take a few runs to work off the extra snacking.

dprobinson1
02-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I can tell you that of ALL the resorts on EPCOT Lake, the one at BWV is AWSOME! .. the gym is amazing .. the one at swan and dolphin is smaller and more crowded .. BCV does not compare to Boardwalks ..one of the reasons My husband likes to stay there is because of the gym .. (and the ESPN club next door)

TinkerbellsMagic
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I am sure you will be getting in way more walking than your usual treadmill routine. If you wanted to lift some weights I might could understand but tredmill?

plutolovr
02-21-2010, 05:13 PM
I am sure you will be getting in way more walking than your usual treadmill routine. If you wanted to lift some weights I might could understand but tredmill?

Once again, walking around the parks (strolling) will NOT give you a cardio workout and those of us who do cardio 3 or 4 times a week like to get some in on vacation too, especially if we're not eating like we normally do at home.

csmom
02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I plan to run the path at POFQ when I'm there in March. I've been doing the Couch to 5K program and don't want to skip a week.

heatherlynn444
02-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I have worked out at the GF gym several times and the AKL gym.
Also, my favorite thing to do, is run outside. The path from the GF to the Poly is great, CSR is big enough for you to run the loop around it outside, and next month I am staying at BWI and I can't wait to run around the boardwalk!

deslynnpatterson
02-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Once again, walking around the parks (strolling) will NOT give you a cardio workout and those of us who do cardio 3 or 4 times a week like to get some in on vacation too, especially if we're not eating like we normally do at home.

thanks:) thats what i want to do make sure to get my cardio up! and so used to doing it about 5 times a week that i want to try to keep up with it in the morning before i do to parks:) I am going to try the gym at CSR for sure-- thanks so much everyone:)

MrsBlovesDisney
02-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Yup...I usually get up at 6AM (while everyone else is still asleep) and head to the gym. I gotta get it in....even tho we're walking around all day long. I have to make up for all the "extras" I'm eating while on vacation! LOL!! ;)

Jitzy
02-21-2010, 08:08 PM
I like to get my workout in, too. Hands down the best gym is at Saratoga Springs! Lots of space!

emmysmommy
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
OP that's a great question! I wondered as well and did some research and found that where we are staying (BLT) they have a jogging path that is 1.1 miles a loop. So 3 of those and I have done a little more than a 5K. I don't want to skip more than a day or two of running! Especially with all of those TS meals I will be consuming. :yay:

kaffinito
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
DH goes to the gym every day while we're at WDW. He said he didn't have any trouble getting a treadmill. We went during one of the marathons, and even in a small gym like the one at AKL he didn't have any trouble getting on the machines. He liked the BWI gym better though - he said it was more spacious. :)

MrsBlovesDisney
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
OP that's a great question! I wondered as well and did some research and found that where we are staying (BLT) they have a jogging path that is 1.1 miles a loop. So 3 of those and I have done a little more than a 5K. I don't want to skip more than a day or two of running! Especially with all of those TS meals I will be consuming. :yay:

FYI...they just finished renovating the gym at the Contemporary, too!! I can't wait to check it out!! Someone here posted pictures a couple weeks ago and it looks so much nicer!:thumbsup2

LarryNabisco
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
I weigh too much to work out lol

IMGONNABE40!
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM

Amen to that!! People talk about "all the walking at Disney" as if it is some type of workout routine! :laughing: The closest I get to any kind of workout is when I run for a bus!!

I have used the GF gym while staying at GF and Poly. Nice facility. The gym at WL--not so much. I am not a big fan of CSR, but was thinking I may have to make that my home resort due to my moderate budget and desire for a gym. I have also done a stair workout at Pop. I walked briskly from building to building and walked up the steps on one side of each building and down the other. Gotta say, it was a pretty good workout.

You may want to post this over on the WISH board to see what type of responses you get.

MrsBlovesDisney
02-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Where exactly is that jogging path??:confused3

goodferry
02-22-2010, 08:41 PM
DH and I always run while at WDW, so you definitely aren't alone. We have used the gym at the GF, BWI and WL, agree that BWI is the best.

mommary
02-22-2010, 08:41 PM
One of the things my DH and I love to do is get in a good workout every morning when we're at Disney. We usually stay at VWL and love sturdy branches but this Sunday we will be at BLT's for the first time. I was happy to read that they finished renovating the gym at the Contemporary. :yay:

feezle
02-22-2010, 09:31 PM
The gym at SSR was awesome!

CTJKLAB
02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
The gyms are all well equipped, clean and never busy!!!!!
:yay: