PDA

View Full Version : Best alternative value resort if Pop is unavailable?

jgraney106
02-21-2010, 09:11 AM
:wave2:I currently have a 7 nights/8 days package with 1 day admission reserved for Pop Century for August 21 thru August 28. Like everyone else , I am waiting :hourglassand hoping for Free Dining for that time.:worship::wizard:
It has occurred to me, since I do not have the Disney Visa , and even if I call the first morning of the general public offer, what will I do if the Pop Century has no more availability for my dates with free dining?:confused3
So my question is : If you had to pick another value resort instead of Pop Century, would you pick AS Music or AS Movies? Why?( We haven't any interest in AS Sports. Guess we're not really sports fans.:cheer2::sad2:)
:surfweb:

Luv2Roam
02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
To me the AS resorts are interchangeable. With that, I would just go with personal preference for the theme.

hedgehog2owl
02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
i'd pick music.

Luv2Roam
02-21-2010, 09:18 AM
The only thing I would have against Music is the layout. It reminds me of a bowling alley. They could get a room clear at the back.
At least with ASMo it seems even the farthest guests do not have too far to walk. And if they are on one far end, they are actually closer to ASMu for buses and food court.

ipodluvr287
02-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I like the theme of All Star Movies best, but keep in mind it is usually the most-booked All Star Resort, so you may end up having to go with All Star Music anyway. I do like the pool at All Star Music a lot though.

sbprincess
02-21-2010, 10:04 AM
If I remember correctly, I've read that ASMo is the last resort along the bus line that picks up from the Values. I think it goes ASSp, ASMu, then ASMo. I know some people seem to express dislike for that aspect. That being said, we stayed at ASMo two years ago during a fairly crowded season. The bus service wasn't horrible IMO. Yes, it can be inconvenient but I don't know that you're going to notice a huge difference between the All Stars. We stopped one day at ASSp for lunch and almost everything we saw was exactly the same as our resort. The food court was almost identical, when we waited for a bus after we ate it seemed to be the same, etc.

I don't even know if the bus service is something your concerned with. I personally would just stay at the one that's theming is more suited to your taste. Good luck!

MsStinkerBelle
02-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I'd go with All Star Music. :thumbsup2 I've stayed in all three of the All Stars and Music I prefer the most. The pool is really lovely and they have poolside activities as well.