PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Delivery a day early?? Help!

Dopey19
02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok I have a trip planned for Easter, we actually leave on Easter Sunday and I want to order from Garden Grocer. I just tried doing so and they have no delivery times available for Easter Sunday and on Monday no times available until 2:00. I would lose 1.5 days of having my water, snacks, etc. If I were to select an evening delivery for Saturday would Beach Club hold my groceries until I arrive on Sunday - approx. 10 a.m.? Please help - I've never used a grocery delivery service before.

Thanks!!

aussietravellers
02-21-2010, 07:02 AM
They will hold your groceries :thumbsup2 They held ours at AKL

We stayed at AKL and ordered groceries from Garden Grocer. Our flights were cancelled and we ended up getting to WDW a day late. I called the hotel to tell them but forgot all about the groceries.

When we got there over 24hrs late (they were delivered the morning before and we arrived the afternoon later) and our luggage was bought up to our room along with our groceries. They had been kept in the fridge and were in perfect condition. It was great.

Dopey19
02-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I called and was told no. That you have to be checked in in order for them to accept a package for you. I wonder if your situation is different because you were delayed and it was out of your hands?? Any one else comment?

Brian_WDW74
02-21-2010, 01:48 PM
I've moved this thread to the Resorts board. :)

aussietravellers
02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I called and was told no. That you have to be checked in in order for them to accept a package for you. I wonder if your situation is different because you were delayed and it was out of your hands?? Any one else comment?

I doubt it (that they were accepted due to my delay), as I didn't tell bell services that I was checking in a day late nor did I tell them that I was expecting a grocery delivery when I called the hotel to say we were going to be a day late. So when Bell Services accepted my groceries they would not have known that I was not checking in that day.

I would not normally order with delivery a day before, but I would put delivery time around, even just before we arrive so the groceries were there when we got there. But in your situation, you would like them delivered on your delivery day, but you can not get them delivered with no deliveries available for the next two days, I would order and have delivery the day before. Choose the latest delivery time for the day before and you are going to be there the next morning. They do hold the groceries if you are not there to receive them. They have refridgeration for it.

This thread has somebody (stitchlover I think it is) who has their water delivered the day before they arrive.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2402530

mickey0930
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Question for anyone who has used this service in the past...........how far in advance do you suggest we schedule this for the summer? Do they normally book up for summer fast?

Naively Occur
02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
When we went to WL last August, we had our groceries delivered in the morning (10AM) before we checked in (around 4PM). Plus we had 3 packages shipped to us (2 were cheap strollers) that got there on Thursday and we checked in on Sunday. The only issue we had was they couldn't find the strollers right away, but found them within an hour or so of the 2nd call down to the front desk.

Dopey19
02-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Thank you for the replies! I think I may just leave it as is and hope it all works out! I might call Garden Grocer tomorrow also and see if they have an "expert" opinion on the matter.

Thanks again! Boy do I panic over silly things sometimes :sad2: