PDA

View Full Version : are the current general public discount codes room only?

lolakat
02-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi I'm a little confused. The current discount codes for the general public (25% off value, 40% off deluxe etc.) for room only or off the whole package including tickets and dining?

Thanks in advance for your help

marcielm
02-19-2010, 04:03 PM
It's only off the room portion of the package... you pay full price for the tics & dining plan. :)

a1tinkfans
02-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I thought when you add the dining plan in for a MYW pkg, it is generally discounted??? :confused3

chocovrdmicears
02-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I thought when you add the dining plan in for a MYW pkg, it is generally discounted??? :confused3

Nope. The ONLY way to get the Dining Plan is by getting a MYW package, so they don't discount it. :)

Luv2Roam
02-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Not generally discounted. Although some promotions have included a discounted dining plan. (Such as free dining, kids free, adults same as kids, etc.)

KateInCharleston
02-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Nope. The ONLY way to get the Dining Plan is by getting a MYW package, so they don't discount it. :)

I just wanted to make sure that I understand.

Are you saying that you cannot add Dining Plan and tickets to a room only discount?

In other words, that in order to purchase dining it has to be part of whatever MYW package is being offered, and you cannot use a room only discount?

TIA

chrismom3
02-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Yes. I have an annual pass and I just booked a reservation using the general public discount (the annual pass discounts aren't out yet). I wanted to add the dining plan but they said that I would need to buy a 1 day park ticket for each member of my party in order to add the dining plan (you can't have 2 discounts - room discount and the already discounted dining plan). Otherwise, I would need to wait for the annual pass room discounts to come out and then I can add the dining plan package at that point. I really don't see how that is any different - isn't that also 2 discounts?????:confused3

chocovrdmicears
02-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I just wanted to make sure that I understand.

Are you saying that you cannot add Dining Plan and tickets to a room only discount?

In other words, that in order to purchase dining it has to be part of whatever MYW package is being offered, and you cannot use a room only discount?

TIA

Nope. That isn't what I am saying. lol!
If you get a room only discount, you can convert that into a package by adding tickets and dining. You will keep the room only discount but pay full price for tickets and dining. The % off does NOT apply to tickets and/or dining.
Sorry for the confusion. :flower3:

lolakat
02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Thank you all for your help. We ended up booking the room only discount. I would have booked dining and tickets if the dining was getting the % off too but it doesn't. I was confused b/c the CM kept refering to it as "discounted dining plan" but what she meant is that the disney dining plan is always considered a "discount" over buying the food out of pocket at the park. Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds this a tad confusing.