PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Disney Resort - Official Disney Fans Meet in 2012

ChrisFL
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi Everyone, I wanted to tell you about some plans I'm making...

After much consideration, I've decided to set up and plan a meet for fans of Disney who want to venture to a VERY special and unique Disney Experience, the Tokyo Disney Resort.

I know for many of you would love to go see what this resort is all about, so this is your chance! After seeing it for myself 1 year ago, I was completely enthralled and knew that other fans who haven't been really need to see it.

So I am proposing setting up a big meet of Disney fans from here and other places to meet in 2012. This will hopefully give plenty of time for people to save up and make plans to go.

I've given much thought to the time of year where it will be mild temperatures and not with the massive crowds that TDR gets. So far, the time of year appears that April, or possibly October for the Halloween season would be the two best choices, and I'm looking for feedback on what would work better (Though I realize it seems far away right now)

I've already generated interest from other message boards and have set up a Facebook group, so you can join and keep up with the planning:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=300216578772

sand2270
02-23-2010, 04:29 PM
that's funny...I am planning a trip for me and my DD in April of 2012. I want to see the cherry blossoms. :)

dwonderz
02-23-2010, 09:01 PM
We're planning our next Disney trip for 2012 ... who knows??

freepixie
02-24-2010, 09:23 PM
I did a request to join, unfortunately I dont' believe I will be able to go in 2012, but I would love to hear your planning to help me plan for "someday" :goodvibes I will get there someday, that is a promise I made to myself a long time ago, but financially it will be a struggle. So until then... I dream :wizard:

LeeLeeLuvsDisney
02-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make it back there that soon. Our first baby is due in a few weeks, and we're thinking about adding one more to the mix around 2012. We're going to wait to go back until the kids are old enough to really enjoy all the rides and sights. We're already saving up for it! So, if this meet goes well and there are more in the future, maybe we'll be able to make it to one!

BTW, we went in April and it was fabulous...not too crowded, not too hot or cold. When we go back, we'll definitely go in April again...or October.

ChrisFL
02-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone. It does look like April is what most people think is also a good time of year, so I'm planning to go with that. :thumbsup2

More info soon

voleball
03-21-2010, 01:17 PM
October is the busiest season of the year in TDR (almost at the same level as Christmas season.) April would be a better time to visit?

ChrisFL
03-21-2010, 01:48 PM
October is the busiest season of the year in TDR (almost at the same level as Christmas season.) April would be a better time to visit?

From what I've seen, early to mid April is one of the best times to visit and after getting feedback from some others who plan to attend, we've pretty much decided April it is. :thumbsup2

voleball
03-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Cool.

I found a crowd calendar for this April and this may be helpful when you are ready to finalize the dates.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/voleball/DIS/TDL04-10-sunny.png

It's Sun ~ Sat. Numbers in squares are the expected attendence (x1000). If it rains, it goes down by 1/3 or so. (Japanese hate to get wet.) April tends to have a lot of showers so it's possible you have a very low attendence days. That's how it was when I was there in April 2008! Pretty much everything was walk-on. The max we waited was like 5 minutes at the Pooh ride. (May has better weather than April though - drier and mid 70's.)

If you can ping me though PM, I can supply those crowd calendars (I found 2 so far) to you guys. :goodvibes

I'll be going back to TDR in May 2011! :cool1:

Happy planning!

ChrisFL
03-21-2010, 05:11 PM
cool, that looks quite useful. How early do they release those estimates?

voleball
03-21-2010, 07:05 PM
It seems like they have predictions for a year or more, but the further it goes, it looks unreliable.

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

It probably won't display charactors correctly, but I think you can still guess where the calendar is and play with it to figure out.

voleball
03-21-2010, 08:55 PM
double post...

LeeLeeLuvsDisney
03-28-2010, 02:34 PM
That's an awesome site, thanks Voleball!!!

inkspots
03-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make it back there that soon. Our first baby is due in a few weeks, and we're thinking about adding one more to the mix around 2012. We're going to wait to go back until the kids are old enough to really enjoy all the rides and sights. We're already saving up for it! So, if this meet goes well and there are more in the future, maybe we'll be able to make it to one!

BTW, we went in April and it was fabulous...not too crowded, not too hot or cold. When we go back, we'll definitely go in April again...or October.

April isn't too bad, as the Japanese kids are going back to school. However, I would avoid October if you want a less crowded experience. I would have to say that Halloween is their busiest season! That said, no park does Halloween better than Tokyo, it was amazing, but all fast passes were gone by noon, most lines three hours long.:eek: It was crazy, but we still had fun. (As you get closer to the 31st, they actually allow the guests to come in full Disney costume)

Brandis
03-30-2010, 06:43 AM
I've been there twice at the end of october and I never found the crowds overwhelming. I just made sure to visit mid-week. TDS was quiet anyway and even TDL with all the Halloween stuff going on wasn't too bad.

goldielocksraj
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Another hopeful here! My brother-in-law is getting stationed to Misawa AFB in November, for a total of three years, so of course I'll be going to visit him and dear little sis at least once or twice, and she has PROMISED me trips to TDL!!!

Of course, not sure when that'll be, especially since hubby and I are planning to go to Australia for our anniversary September 2011 . . .

torsie24
04-30-2010, 01:06 AM
We were planning last week of March 2012, but having heard about crowds (and a meet ;)) we will totally make it mid-April. :)

scrump
06-04-2010, 09:52 AM
What a great idea!!!!!!

I'll have to keep that on my radar...

ChrisFL
06-04-2010, 06:31 PM
What a great idea!!!!!!

I'll have to keep that on my radar...

:thumbsup2

simzac
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Not sure at this time if I will have the money to go, but just joined facebook to get more info on the meet. I sure hope this works out.:thumbsup2

ChrisFL
06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Not sure at this time if I will have the money to go, but just joined facebook to get more info on the meet. I sure hope this works out.:thumbsup2

Yep, just added you :woohoo:

simzac
06-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Yep, just added you :woohoo:

Corbisblue
06-25-2010, 10:50 AM
This is a great idea! Such a unique Disney experience indeed! I'll see what I can do about coming, and join the FB group for more information :)

simzac
06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
that's funny...I am planning a trip for me and my DD in April of 2012. I want to see the cherry blossoms. :)

Read your 07 TDS TR. Loved the pictures. You should ask the moderators to move it over to this board now that it exists.:goodvibes

sand2270
06-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Read your 07 TDS TR. Loved the pictures. You should ask the moderators to move it over to this board now that it exists.:goodvibes

simzac
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey Chris, have you decided which dates in April will be the Dis Meet?

DreamSweetsLove
12-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Hey ChrisFL! It's really far in advance but more than likely I'll be there!

ChrisFL
02-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi Everyone, it's just over a year until the meet!

I haven't finalized the dates yet...I've never planned a meet like this before, so it's a bit of a challenge.

I hope to contact Tokyo Disneyland to see if there's any issues with having large groups of people going on attractions :)

I belive we'll set up 3 days to tour the parks and maybe 2 days to tour Tokyo together (Tokyo is like a version of Tomorrowland!)...in early April

sweetpee_1993
02-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Greetings! I've wanted to go to Tokyo for quite some time. I'll admit the language barrier has always been a scary thing for me but then here's a girl who's only trip out of the US was a week in Niagara Falls for my brother-in-law's wedding. I hardly think that counts. LOL!

Here's a problem: I don't do FB. Is there any other way to access the meet info? I'm very interested in trying to save to participate, at the very least I'd like to think the hubby & I could swing it. Going with a group of seasoned Tokyo visitors might be just the thing I need to feel a little less overwhelmed! :D

Very cool idea! ChrisFL, you're awesome to take this on. Whether I make it or not, I'm totally diggin' the idea! Brilliant!

ChrisFL
02-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Greetings! I've wanted to go to Tokyo for quite some time. I'll admit the language barrier has always been a scary thing for me but then here's a girl who's only trip out of the US was a week in Niagara Falls for my brother-in-law's wedding. I hardly think that counts. LOL!

Here's a problem: I don't do FB. Is there any other way to access the meet info? I'm very interested in trying to save to participate, at the very least I'd like to think the hubby & I could swing it. Going with a group of seasoned Tokyo visitors might be just the thing I need to feel a little less overwhelmed! :D

Very cool idea! ChrisFL, you're awesome to take this on. Whether I make it or not, I'm totally diggin' the idea! Brilliant!

Hello,

I will be posting updates on here as well, it was just easier to get an estimated count of people interested on FB, but I know some people don't use it.

I hope you can make it! :)

Hillbeans
03-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Hello,

I will be posting updates on here as well, it was just easier to get an estimated count of people interested on FB, but I know some people don't use it.

I hope you can make it! :)

I'm going to keep this on my radar as well. We're going to be living in Shanghai starting this fall and if the meet is in April i'll "only" be 2.5 hours away via plane. Definitely am planning on going to Tokyo or HongKong Disney while i'm in that hemisphere!

Feathers
03-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I'll be back in May. Not sure of exact dates, but I'll be there. Hong Kong DL as well.

ChrisFL
03-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone, as we all know, the past 2-3 days has been very troubling.

For now, the plans are still on for the trip, but who knows what other things may happen in the next days, weeks and months ahead.

I would also expect that people may choose to change their plans based on what has happened, and I do understand if that is the case.

Meanwhile, lets do whatever we can to help the survivors and keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers.

ben1993
03-14-2011, 06:35 PM
I'll be there early July I hope

danceintherain
06-23-2011, 04:34 AM
I just put in a request to join the group.
I'm trying to plan a trip for either November this year or April/May next year.

I likely wouldn't want to tour with the group the entire time, but it would be fun to at least meet up.

ChrisFL
06-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Added you.

Since things are starting to get back to normal there, I will be starting to plan more information for the trip, exact dates, etc.

ChrisFL
07-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Since Facebook has changed their groups, I have moved the information to a new FB group. Information is also going to be posted here.

Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_133063670107893&ap=1

OFFICIAL DATES: April 9th through April 16th, 2012

Tentative Schedule:

Monday April 9th, Arrive in Tokyo- Possible meet for Dinner and planning for the comnig week

Tuesday April 10th, Tokyo Fun Day - Exploring the City and getting used to the culture, transportation, etc. (Hopefully with some locals I know who can help out)

Wednesday April 11th, Tokyo Disney Resort- Day 1 - Tokyo DisneySea - Not saving the best for last, a whirlwind tour of the park and attractions.

Thursday April 12th, Tokyo Disney Resort - Day 2 - Tokyo Disneyland - Park Tour

Friday April 13th, Tokyo Disney Resort - Day 3 - Tokyo DisneySea/Disneyland split.

Saturday April 14th, Tokyo Fun Day 2 - Doing some more fun and interesting activites through the city, Odaiba? Akihabara? Shibuya?

Sunday April 15th, Tokyo Fun Day 3 - Visiting other parts of Tokyo, Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower, Zozoji Temple

Monday April 16th, Departure

simzac
07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the update Chris. I have started pricing flights and hotels, going to be expensive, but I want to go soooooo bad. Got to do this somehow.:goodvibes

Lei
09-08-2011, 05:56 AM
I so wanna be in! I'm going back to TDR in April 2012, and I'm excited to find this thread. My date is around the 23rd, tho. I've also added the FB page, chris ;)