PDA

View Full Version : PCC 2.0 Fish Extender Group Finder **Update 8/24**

jeanigor
02-16-2010, 08:08 AM
I know a few people were looking to join/coordinate a group for the Fish Extender exchange during Podcast Cruise 2.0 in December.

I thought I would help folks find a group that were looking for one.

A group is defined as you see fit. It is possible to share a commonality or be totally hodgepodge.

So if you're looking for a group to set up a group post here, and we'll try to get folks set up.

**Updated 8-24-10**

Groups Seeking New Members: (since some of the groups don't have a specific identity, I just called them by the group leader...)

•Tracey's Group(PM tlcoke)
•New England Group(PM sshaw10060)
•International Group(PM Bexc n Gav)
•The Entourage Group(PM tiggerbell)
•Cats, Cougars, Cubs and Kittens(PM txyankee)

DISers seeking Groups:
•praisehisname
•itsmuggsie
•mousehouselover

winotracy
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM
This is a great idea Todd! I want to be in a group but my involvement will have to be before the cruise. As I found out last time, I really didn't have any opportunity to deliver anything once on the cruise. So if anyone wants me in their group, I'll help with ideas and money, but that would be all I can do.

georgemoe
02-16-2010, 08:31 AM
This is a great idea Todd! I want to be in a group but my involvement will have to be before the cruise. As I found out last time, I really didn't have any opportunity to deliver anything once on the cruise. So if anyone wants me in their group, I'll help with ideas and money, but that would be all I can do.

There is always Messenger Boy Bill ya know. :rotfl2:

wdwscout
02-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks Todd!

We would like to be in a group.
This is our 2nd cruise on the Wonder. We did a tiny little FE exchange on our last cruise- this HUGE group is very intimidating- and exciting!! I am still unsure how something of this magnitude actually works.

We live in South Jersey- but it doesn't matter to me if the group is all Jersey- or Philly area- or DVC- or whatever.
We have 2 cabins reserved (Deck 6), but right now I do not know who is in our connecting cabin! Could be one of our kids, or friends, - or even strangers! So this may be a request for 1 or 2 cabins.

I am somewhat crafty/creative- but nothing like the DIS-igners level.

tlcoke
02-16-2010, 08:55 AM
I have a group sort of started from the old thread, but I have had a few people back out as they have had to cancel their booking. I will pull the list and update it.

crazydisneyman
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I had spoken to Shelly but I never heard anything back about her group. We would like to be in a group as doing this by yourself is too much work. :)

DVCsince02
02-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I have a group of 18ish already. Mostly from last year, and some newbies. Can take on a couple more. Just PM me.

mdvlprof
02-17-2010, 06:48 AM
We're looking for a group. From near Lexington, KY.

I have a group sort of started from the old thread, but I have had a few people back out as they have had to cancel their booking. I will pull the list and update it.

Cherinva
02-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Todd, this is a great Idea. I've seen where there a a number of people that want to join into a group. With the vast number of DISers on this cruise, I think the Fisher Extender is going to be a blast.

CinderellasSister
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
I had spoken to Shelly but I never heard anything back about her group. We would like to be in a group as doing this by yourself is too much work. :)

I think I was in that group too. I would definitely want to be in a group, you're right, this would be waaaay too much to do alone.

shellyminnie
02-20-2010, 11:09 AM

I think I was in that group too. I would definitely want to be in a group, you're right, this would be waaaay too much to do alone.

You guys are still in!! I am still doing a group, just haven't had time to do much of anything with it because of work. I'll do some research this weekend and see what I can find. My group includes:

Chris and Kim
Paul and Alicia
Dodie and Philip
George and Deb
Todd
Kelly
Stephan and Candy
Stacy and Ken
Kathy
Annette
Cindy
Tonya

CinderellasSister
02-20-2010, 08:11 PM
You guys are still in!! I am still doing a group, just haven't had time to do much of anything with it because of work. I'll do some research this weekend and see what I can find. My group includes:

Chris and Kim
Paul and Alicia
Dodie and Philip
George and Deb
Todd
Kelly
Stephan and Candy
Stacy and Ken
Kathy
Annette
Cindy
Tonya

You Rock Shelly! :thumbsup2

sshaw10060
02-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi Todd,

I have a group we started a while ago, but it is only a group of two right now. We were hoping to have a group of people from New England.

DebbieT11
02-23-2010, 01:28 AM
We're looking for a group to join! Me and TheBigGuy are from south Alabama... and we have references, if you'd like them - winotracy might vouch for us, she knows she's my favorite!! Anyone wanna adopt a nice couple that promises to follow through????:goodvibes:goodvibes

winotracy
02-23-2010, 05:24 AM
We're looking for a group to join! Me and TheBigGuy are from south Alabama... and we have references, if you'd like them - winotracy might vouch for us, she knows she's my favorite!! Anyone wanna adopt a nice couple that promises to follow through????:goodvibes:goodvibes

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Yvet
02-23-2010, 05:28 AM
I know that there is a International people group.
If i remember correct the Becx is in charge of that group.

If there are people from outside the US that want to participate in this group just let us know.

farmergirl
02-24-2010, 02:17 AM

If there are people from outside the US that want to participate in this group just let us know.

I believe this is the group my DH and I signed up with. It was so long ago I am not 100% sure. I was so excited when we booked the cruise that I was looking for a group right way. Is there a list somewhere of the groups somewhere that anyone knows of that I could check and see if we are forsure in a group or not. It's so long away I know but I am sure it will take me that long to figure out how to make a FE... :)

kathrna
03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Me, me! Pick me! I'd like to get into a group.

Launchpad11B
03-02-2010, 06:13 PM

We're in Shelly's group. Ask her and join us! :thumbsup2

DVCsince02
03-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I also have a few openings. :)

Launchpad11B
03-02-2010, 06:18 PM

Too easy, I'm not gonna say anything. :rolleyes1

DVCsince02
03-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Too easy, I'm not gonna say anything. :rolleyes1

:rotfl:PIG....:rotfl2:

Launchpad11B
03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
:rotfl:PIG....:rotfl2:

:teeth:

TXYankee
03-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I would love to join a group!

Anyone accepting new recruites?

I am not very creative but I am excellent at follow directions!

Please don't make me the last kid picked. It brings back bad grade school gym memories!!

shellyminnie
03-03-2010, 08:01 PM

Asked and answered!! They're in!!

praisehisname
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
DH and I would like to be in a group. We're from Baltimore, Maryland.

jeanigor
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Tomorrow or Friday I will organize this a little better and post more information in the first post. :goodvibes

Like who is looking for a group and what groups are looking to add folks.

Mish19
03-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I just sent you a message Jen :)

itsmuggsie
03-03-2010, 09:31 PM
DP and I would also like to join a group.

Launchpad11B
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM

Nice job Shelly! :thumbsup2

Launchpad11B
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Tomorrow or Friday I will organize this a little better and post more information in the first post. :goodvibes

Like who is looking for a group and what groups are looking to add folks.

It's going to be here before you know it Toddles! :cool1:

crazydisneyman
03-04-2010, 01:57 PM

Chris and Kim
Paul and Alicia
Dodie and Philip
George and Deb
Todd
Kelly
Stephan and Candy
Stacy and Ken
Kathy
Annette
Cindy
Tonya

Thanks Shelly!

aggielawyer
03-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Can someone explain the benefit of being in a group to us newbies? I get that you would share the cost and responsibility of coming with FE gifts, but what else is there? I've got an idea for something, but not sure if I should do it in a group or not. It kinda centers around being a Texan, so I guess that limits the possible members of my group. :confused3

disneyholic family
03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Can someone explain the benefit of being in a group to us newbies? I get that you would share the cost and responsibility of coming with FE gifts, but what else is there? I've got an idea for something, but not sure if I should do it in a group or not. It kinda centers around being a Texan, so I guess that limits the possible members of my group. :confused3

thanks for asking this!! yes, could someone explain to us newbies how this works .. :goodvibes

well i am from outside the US, but i'm not sure what is involved.....

jeanigor
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM

To me, cost is a BIG factor. Estimate the cost of your idea and multiply it be 100. (That's roughly the number of Fish Extenders we had on PCC 1.0). I would hazard a guess that PCC 2.0 will have more people signed up for the FE than 1.0, simply because more people are signed up to sail.

Transportation of your gift. Getting it to the ship may be an issue for you. Some groups have members that are driving to the port and would take it instead of shipping them. Both a savings in cost and worry about it not making it to the port on time. If it is something you are bringing with you, remember you need to have the space in you luggage for it.

Delivery of gifts. The ship is big. Not overwhelmingly, impossibly huge. But big. One night, I walked every deck, both port and starboard to make myself tired so I could sleep. And to check out the door decorations and fish extenders. To deliver 100 gifts all over the ship would have meant all that walking plus running back and forth to my cabin to reload with more gifts. With a group, you can split up the number of deliveries. One hundred cabins split between ten group members means only having to carry stuff to ten cabins. (You can check out people's doors and fish extenders more leisurely.)

I like the excitement of planning. I am not a super creative person, and am always open to input and other people's ideas. I like being a team player, especially when we have a great goal, like spreading joy to our friends.

jeanigor
03-05-2010, 02:48 PM
thanks for asking this!! yes, could someone explain to us newbies how this works .. :goodvibes

well i am from outside the US, but i'm not sure what is involved.....

I was responding as you were, but got interrupted by a co-worker. Don't they know my DIS friends are a higher priority than they are?

Please ask away. You know we don't bite. Too hard. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I am pretty certain that they are looking for DISers who reside outside of the United States. That's about all. I don't know what their plans are, if you are interested in joining a certain group, contact the group leader (for lack of a better term).

disneyholic family
03-05-2010, 03:35 PM
To me, cost is a BIG factor. Estimate the cost of your idea and multiply it be 100. (That's roughly the number of Fish Extenders we had on PCC 1.0). I would hazard a guess that PCC 2.0 will have more people signed up for the FE than 1.0, simply because more people are signed up to sail.

Transportation of your gift. Getting it to the ship may be an issue for you. Some groups have members that are driving to the port and would take it instead of shipping them. Both a savings in cost and worry about it not making it to the port on time. If it is something you are bringing with you, remember you need to have the space in you luggage for it.

Delivery of gifts. The ship is big. Not overwhelmingly, impossibly huge. But big. One night, I walked every deck, both port and starboard to make myself tired so I could sleep. And to check out the door decorations and fish extenders. To deliver 100 gifts all over the ship would have meant all that walking plus running back and forth to my cabin to reload with more gifts. With a group, you can split up the number of deliveries. One hundred cabins split between ten group members means only having to carry stuff to ten cabins. (You can check out people's doors and fish extenders more leisurely.)

I like the excitement of planning. I am not a super creative person, and am always open to input and other people's ideas. I like being a team player, especially when we have a great goal, like spreading joy to our friends.

Thanks Todd -
so does each group give to all the people on the cruise who've signed up to participate?

For example, let's say that there are 200 podcast cruise staterooms (i'm just guessing that 700 disers fit into 200 staterooms)..

now let's say that all 200 staterooms decide to participate in the FE exchange...

does that mean that each FE group will give a gift to each participating stateroom? in other words, each group will give 200 gifts (one to each participating stateroom)?

or is it by person rather than stateroom (a stateroom with 4 people in it would receive 4 gifts?)

(can you tell i'm a CPA? :rolleyes:)...

jeanigor
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks Todd -
so does each group give to all the people on the cruise who've signed up to participate?

For example, let's say that there are 200 podcast cruise staterooms (i'm just guessing that 700 disers fit into 200 staterooms)..

now let's say that all 200 staterooms decide to participate in the FE exchange...

does that mean that each FE group will give a gift to each participating stateroom? in other words, each group will give 200 gifts (one to each participating stateroom)?

or is it by person rather than stateroom (a stateroom with 4 people in it would receive 4 gifts?)

(can you tell i'm a CPA? :rolleyes:)...

Yes. ::yes::

It can be done both ways. Some give to the cabin as a family unit (or multiples if people are rooming with strangers or whatnot). Some give to each individual person that is signed up. That choice would be something that is left up to you (or your group) to decide.

disneyholic family
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Yes. ::yes::

It can be done both ways. Some give to the cabin as a family unit (or multiples if people are rooming with strangers or whatnot). Some give to each individual person that is signed up. That choice would be something that is left up to you (or your group) to decide.

so theoretically, it could be possible that each group will give out 700 gifts....or rather 700 less the number of people in the group...(or am i misunderstanding?)
wow - a 40 ft container might just be big enough....maybe...

aggielawyer
03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the response Todd. Cost is a factor for me as well, but the idea I have would (I think) be fairly inexpensive, as in MAYBE $1/room. Hmmm, will think on it some more. I guess if other Texans are interested they could pm me and if we decide to form a group, we'll post it here.

jeanigor
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
so theoretically, it could be possible that each group will give out 700 gifts....or rather 700 less the number of people in the group...(or am i misunderstanding?)
wow - a 40 ft container might just be big enough....maybe...

That is correct. It could be a LARGE amount of goodies you are bringing home.

disneyholic family
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM

might there be a tiara in my future?
just asking......

well, i'd love to join any group that will have me (there's a woodie allen joke in there somewhere)..

or i suppose if i want to be location themed, i'll have to be a group of one...
though being as uncreative as i am, i doubt i'd come up with anything clever..
oh wait...i just thought of something.....although i wonder what the TSA would say if i had 200 of them in my luggage.. :rolleyes1

mainegal
03-05-2010, 09:34 PM

I am just a little concerned about the bulk of the fish extender gifts and my ability to pack them to bring home...

Perhaps some of them will be consumables? I could drink any maple syrup FE gift on the spot ala WDW sip 'n' snack around the world. Or perhaps gifts may be cute things that might make me smile, but might be more appropriate to me give to a child to make them laugh and smile and giggle? Or maybe it could be a suitcase to bring all the other FE gifts home in?!

jeanigor
03-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I am just a little concerned about the bulk of the fish extender gifts and my ability to pack them to bring home...

Perhaps some of them will be consumables? I could drink any maple syrup FE gift on the spot ala WDW sip 'n' snack around the world. Or perhaps gifts may be cute things that might make me smile, but might be more appropriate to me give to a child to make them laugh and smile and giggle? Or maybe it could be a suitcase to bring all the other FE gifts home in?!

My answer:
http://gbjorn.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/largeprioritymailflatratebox.jpg
Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes.

mainegal
03-05-2010, 10:58 PM
My answer:

Ah, yes! :thumbsup2
I have done that at library conferences.
Will you drive me to the post office, please? :flower3:

jeanigor
03-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Ah, yes! :thumbsup2:flower3:
I have done that at library conferences.
Will you drive me tothe post office, please?

I was planning on buying them before hand and flattening them in my luggage. That way I can fill them up as I empty the fish extender.

FYI, my roommate and I emptied our Fish Extender every time we went back to the room. It seemed to always have a plethora of goodies!

mainegal
03-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I was planning on buying them before hand and flattening them in my luggage. That way I can fill them up as I empty the fish extender.

FYI, my roommate and I emptied our Fish Extender every time we went back to the room. It seemed to always have a plethora of goodies!

Fabulous!
It will be like an old fashioned Christmas for me.

In recent years, since we got all grown up, there have not been much in the way of presents. Either nothing at all, or we do experiences. So it will be fun gettng surprise gifts! Ooohhh...!!!! Will I get to unwrap them?!

disneyholic family
03-06-2010, 04:36 AM
My answer:

that method might be a tad costly for me... probably cheaper to buy an extra seat, just for the luggage allowance..

CinderellasSister
03-06-2010, 02:13 PM

Do they mail them from the ship? How does that work? I like this idea.

MinnieGarden
03-06-2010, 09:15 PM
My answer:

Mike and I stayed at the Dolphin post PCC 1.0. We discovered they have a busuness center open 7 days a week. We were able to get flat rate boxes, seal them and mail them all on a Sunday afternoon. :thumbsup2

k5jmh
03-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Mike and I stayed at the Dolphin post PCC 1.0. We discovered they have a busuness center open 7 days a week. We were able to get flat rate boxes, seal them and mail them all on a Sunday afternoon. :thumbsup2

...and they will bill your room if you are staying there and you can ship from there even if you are not staying there. It is a full blown Pack and Ship Center without having to find the Post Office. (Good luck using USPS on a Sunday)

Tonya2426
03-07-2010, 02:19 AM

Chris and Kim
Paul and Alicia
Dodie and Philip
George and Deb
Todd
Kelly
Stephan and Candy
Stacy and Ken
Kathy
Annette
Cindy
Tonya

I posted some ideas for our group to discuss on our facebook page. Check them out and let your creative juices flow. :goodvibes

Launchpad11B
03-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I posted some ideas for our group to discuss on our facebook page. Check them out and let your creative juices flow. :goodvibes

What facebook page? Am I being left out? (i feel so alone) :sad1:

cocowum
03-07-2010, 09:23 AM
What facebook page? Am I being left out? (i feel so alone) :sad1:

Paul, go to your FB profile page. Click on the info tab. Click on Groups (see all). Click on FE Gift - PCC 2.0. :thumbsup2

Launchpad11B
03-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Paul, go to your FB profile page. Click on the info tab. Click on Groups (see all). Click on FE Gift - PCC 2.0. :thumbsup2

Thanks babe.

Becx N Gav
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Hi, I think I am 'in charge' of the International group (but anyone is welcome :thumbsup2). I have these people down from the other thread

Becx & Gav
cdnmickeylover & Usetheforceluke
farmergirl & farmboy
Yvet & Emiel
disneydafty

So far I have a couple of ideas and will PM everyone to get other thoughts.

might there be a tiara in my future?
just asking......

well, i'd love to join any group that will have me (there's a woodie allen joke in there somewhere)..

or i suppose if i want to be location themed, i'll have to be a group of one...
though being as uncreative as i am, i doubt i'd come up with anything clever..
oh wait...i just thought of something.....although i wonder what the TSA would say if i had 200 of them in my luggage.. :rolleyes1

As I said we're after a few more people - join us if you want :goodvibes

Cherinva
03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
My answer:

Todd...now here's my question thrown into the mix...the boxes are a great idea, however we are flying home right after the cruise. How can I get them mailed? Can this be done from the ship?

jeanigor
03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Todd...now here's my question thrown into the mix...the boxes are a great idea, however we are flying home right after the cruise. How can I get them mailed? Can this be done from the ship?

Tracy!!!!!

disneyholic family
03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi, I think I am 'in charge' of the International group (but anyone is welcome :thumbsup2). I have these people down from the other thread

Becx & Gav
cdnmickeylover & Usetheforceluke
farmergirl & farmboy
Yvet & Emiel
disneydafty

So far I have a couple of ideas and will PM everyone to get other thoughts.

As I said we're after a few more people - join us if you want :goodvibes

that would be great!!! :goodvibes

please count me in..

jeanigor
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
First Post updated. If you are the organizer of a group that is looking for more members (Shelly, Nancy, etc...) let me know and I can add you to the list.:goodvibes

Or if your group is full, or you are a DISer that has found a group, and wish to be removed from the list, please let me know.

jeanigor
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM

Since I didn't know the answer, I asked Tracey. According to DCL:

This cannot be done at this time from the port or the ship (though in Barcelona it is possible from the port). There is, however a post office at the airport. There are also a number of business centers at Disney where you can ship from.

Cherinva
03-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Since I didn't know the answer, I asked Tracey. According to DCL:

Hmmmm, ok. Well, now we know. Thanks for taking the time to ask Tracy. If I do have anything that will need to mailed, I can do it at the airport.

parrotheadlois
03-13-2010, 07:06 PM

We're still in your group, right Jen?

DVCsince02
03-14-2010, 12:49 PM
We're still in your group, right Jen?

::yes::

Yep, and I have filled the open spaces. I'll post a list soon.

jeanigor
03-14-2010, 01:12 PM
::yes::

Yep, and I have filled the open spaces. I'll post a list soon.

Does that mean your group is closed and should be taken off the looking for members list?

DVCsince02
03-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes, it's closed.

Cherinva
03-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Yes, it's closed.

Jen, when you are ready to get started, just let me know what you need me to do.....I still have yet to make my fish extender....I was going to make it for Christmas and use it for cards, but that didn't happen....now I just need to find where I put the supplies.....

tlcoke
03-16-2010, 04:59 PM
First Post updated. If you are the organizer of a group that is looking for more members (Shelly, Nancy, etc...) let me know and I can add you to the list.:goodvibes

Or if your group is full, or you are a DISer that has found a group, and wish to be removed from the list, please let me know.

mdlvprof has joined my group.

YellowMickeyPonchos
03-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Hey everyone. I have finally resurfaced. This has been a crazy year, so far, between new, budget-slashing administration at work and trying to keep up with my family and the blog. How do supermom's do all this? And what are they drinking?:confused3

The DL group is full. Although our roster may be changing slightly - it's still full.

For my groups members, I'm sending out a couple emails soon. I've had major computer problems and for some reason all of my contacts didn't sync right when the software got reloaded. :scared1: It seems that everything is better now... I hope!

I miss all you guys!

tlcoke
03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I am in the process of confirming all those who had asked last summer to be a member of my group. They would have got an email from me this week.

MomlvsGoofy
03-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Tracey I responed to your e-mail.

Eeyores#1Fan
03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm up for joining a group. Or leading one if needed. Just let me know. :goodvibes

jessrose18
04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Never cruised DCL or done FE..so excuse my ignorance. The point of joining a group is so that you will deliver to say for example 20 staterooms instead of 100? Or does a group just deliver to each other? Just wondering. I posted on the other FE thread, but wasn't sure what the protocol was or the benefit of a group vs. what it means to post your info on the other thread. Can someone explain this to me:confused3 Thanks!

ok-should have started reading first! read page 3, great explanation todd! I would like to join a group, i will pm someone on your list thanks!

farmergirl
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Never cruised DCL or done FE..so excuse my ignorance. The point of joining a group is so that you will deliver to say for example 20 staterooms instead of 100? Or does a group just deliver to each other? Just wondering. I posted on the other FE thread, but wasn't sure what the protocol was or the benefit of a group vs. what it means to post your info on the other thread. Can someone explain this to me:confused3 Thanks!

Never been on a cruise either but from what I have read, joining a group helps with the amount of rooms you deliever to like you mentioned. It also helps with the cost of your FE gifts. Since there are a whole lot a Diser's going that would mean a whole lot of gifts. Also in the creative part of it the more the merrier! This is just what I gathered from other posts. :)

jeanigor
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM

For our purposes, one of the benefits of it is sharing the cost of the 'fish food' and the delivery of it.

Earlier in the thread I listed what I feel are some of the benefits of being in a group. Here is a recap:

The other thread is to ask questions and more importantly, to get your self registered on the list. If you are on the list, you are counted as part of the Fish Extender Exchange for our sailing.

HillPete
04-13-2010, 06:01 PM
My family would like to join a group! I'll check back at the first post and PM some folks.

--Hillary

mousehouselover
04-18-2010, 09:36 AM
I would love to join a group. I have the added advantage of living in Central FL and being familiar with Cocoa Beach. Yes, I know where the post office is and can stop there on the way home if anyone wants to send boxes to be mailed home. :thumbsup2

jeanigor
04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Update first post.:)

tlcoke
04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
I know a few people were looking to join/coordinate a group for the Fish Extender exchange during Podcast Cruise 2.0 in December.

A group is defined as you see fit. It is possible to share a commonality or be totally hodgepodge.

So if you're looking for a group to set up a group post here, and we'll try to get folks set up.

**Updated 3-19-10**

Groups Seeking New Members: (since some of the groups don't have a specific identity, I just called them by the group leader...)

•Possible Texas Group(PM aggielawyer)
•Timika's Group(PM Eeyores#1Fan)

DISers seeking Groups:
•winotracy
•DebbieT11
•kathrna
•txyankee
•praisehisname
•itsmuggsie
•Eeyores#1Fan
•HillPete
•mousehouselover

HillPete & DebbieT11 have joined my Group.

jeanigor
04-19-2010, 10:18 AM
HillPete & DebbieT11 have joined my Group.

Thanks, Tracey!!!

BTW, I think you need to add something to your siggie.....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

tlcoke
04-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks, Tracey!!!

BTW, I think you need to add something to your siggie.....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

It is there now!!

jeanigor
04-19-2010, 10:25 AM
It is there now!!

Welcome home my friend!

disneyfan19712006
04-23-2010, 02:34 AM
I would like to be part of the FE exchange. I did this on the last podcast cruise and it was great. We got the gifts ready before we left home and shipped them. We grouped by deck and delivered all on the first night. Can't wait to see how many cabins we have this time.

Please add us to the list for whoever is organizing this.

disneyfan19712006 aka Melissa age a lady never tells
no screen name Ivan 49 (He did not go on the first podcast cruise
so I am trying to initiante him into the DIS
DS Thomas 24 years old.

I should have a cabin number next week we were going to book this on a Sept cruise but are going to change our 7 night into a 3-4 BTB.

Cherinva
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I would love to join a group. I have the added advantage of living in Central FL and being familiar with Cocoa Beach. Yes, I know where the post office is and can stop there on the way home if anyone wants to send boxes to be mailed home. :thumbsup2

That's a very generous offer...Thanks.

georgemoe
04-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Why isn't Shellyminnie's group listed? :sad2:

jeanigor
05-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Why isn't Shellyminnie's group listed? :sad2:

Because I am fairly certain she told me her group was no longer searching for additional members.

georgemoe
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Because I am fairly certain she told me her group was no longer searching for additional members.

Hi Todd. Hope you are doing well.

I thought we were listing all groups whether full or not?

When do we know how many gifts in total? Is there a running count going on?

ADP
05-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Update first post.:)
Hi Todd -
Hope you are feeling better. Glad to see you around again. :)

jeanigor
05-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi Todd. Hope you are doing well.

I thought we were listing all groups whether full or not?

When do we know how many gifts in total? Is there a running count going on?

This thread was to try to help people find a group that needed one. Listing all the groups might be confusing to someone who was looking to join one.

For the total number and stuff, the PCC 2.0 FE list is keeping the official accurate number.

georgemoe
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
This thread was to try to help people find a group that needed one. Listing all the groups might be confusing to someone who was looking to join one.

For the total number and stuff, the PCC 2.0 FE list is keeping the official accurate number.

I guess I'm in the wrong thread then. :scared1:

Thanks for keeping me in line Todd. :thumbsup2

disneyfan19712006
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Hey Tracy,

Please sign me up with your group. There will be Me, DS 24, and DH.
We are CAT 6 Gty at this point. I'll send you the room info as soon as I know. keep me updated on numbers i plan on buying alot I think it was 75 rooms last year. See you on Tuesday at Beaches.

Melissa

tlcoke
05-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Hey Tracy,

Please sign me up with your group. There will be Me, DS 24, and DH.
We are CAT 6 Gty at this point. I'll send you the room info as soon as I know. keep me updated on numbers i plan on buying alot I think it was 75 rooms last year. See you on Tuesday at Beaches.

Melissa

Hi Melissa,
I have you on my list and PM sent to you.

Todd, I got Melissa on my group list.

georgemoe
05-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Maybe just an oversight but I'm not sure why Kathy is still listed as needing a group. She should already be in the Shelly group unless something has changed.

Shelly, Todd, Bueller? ;)

jeanigor
05-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Maybe just an oversight but I'm not sure why Kathy is still listed as needing a group. She should already be in the Shelly group unless something has changed.

Shelly, Todd, Bueller? ;)

Oversight. Lack of clarity from the group leader....:sad2::sad2::sad2::upsidedow

kathrna
05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Hey! Yeah! What Jorge said! I'm in Shelly's group. I know I can blend into the wallpaper, but I got picked by Shelly! :lovestruc I'm not on the wall anymore.

Thanks for looking out for me, George! :hug:

jeanigor
05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey! Yeah! What Jorge said! I'm in Shelly's group. I know I can blend into the wallpaper, but I got picked by Shelly! :lovestruc I'm not on the wall anymore.

Thanks for looking out for me, George! :hug:

Not in that snazzy little black dress, you don't blend into the wall paper.

Or whilst riding your bike.:goodvibes:goodvibes

georgemoe
05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
:goofy:

shellyminnie
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Updated list for my group:

Chris and Kim
Paul and Alicia
Dodie and Philip
George and Deb
Todd
Kelly
Kathy and Rich
Stacy and Ken
Kathy
Annette
Cindy
Tonya

Sorry for the confusion.

georgemoe
05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Updated list for my group:

Chris and Kim
Paul and Alicia
Dodie and Philip
George and Deb
Todd
Kelly
Kathy and Rich
Stacy and Ken
Kathy
Annette
Cindy
Tonya

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Shelly! You got the new laptop fired up yet? What did you get?

tlcoke
06-04-2010, 06:06 AM
Bump

Mel0215
06-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Hello,
We booked a few days ago, and can't go on a Disney cruise without being in an FE! (Never been part of something so big!) We need a group! It will be me and DH! pirate:
TIA

Eeyores#1Fan
06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Hello,
We booked a few days ago, and can't go on a Disney cruise without being in an FE! (Never been part of something so big!) We need a group! It will be me and DH! pirate:
TIA

Hi and Welcome! Sent you a PM.

kate2961
06-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I would like to join a group. I have some time and money that I could devote to help a group leader.

Kate

jeanigor
06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Just a bump.

Hopefully there is some communication between group members. There is still a bunch of time, but I like to start things early and not wait to the last minute (unlike every single one of my coworkers).

tiggerbell
06-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Todd- can you add the Entourage as a group looking for a few good men... I mean, members! :flower3:

Have them PM me and I'll share our main idea...

jeanigor
06-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Todd- can you add the Entourage as a group looking for a few good men... I mean, members! :flower3:

Have them PM me and I'll share our main idea...

At your bequest, my Vice Queen.

megaron1
06-18-2010, 10:56 PM
I would love to join a group!

Anyone accepting new recruites?

I am not very creative but I am excellent at follow directions!

Please don't make me the last kid picked. It brings back bad grade school gym memories!!

I think aggielawyer is forming a Texas group- send a PM, if you haven't already.

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-20-2010, 06:44 PM
:cheer2::cheer2:The Disneyland Fish Extender Group would like to announce that we are looking for a few more members. :cheer2::cheer2:

Haven't been to Disneyland? That's okay!
Always wanted to go to Disneyland? That's okay, too!
Don't know what Disneyland is? (I hate to break it to you, but this may not be the cruise for you.....:rotfl2:)

If you are new to Fish Extenders, aren't really sure what to do, or don't have a lot of time to invest, but would like to reap the rewards of Fish Extenderdom, we would be the group for you! :thumbsup2

Please PM me or, better yet, use that link under my name to send me an email!!! We have an exciting project underway and would love to have some folks join us! :love::love::love:

Thanks a bunch for this unpaid advertisement for the Friends of the Disneyland Fish Extender group!!! :thumbsup2

momto2inKC
06-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I didnt' see this thread before posting on the other FE thread...we're looking to join a group :goodvibes

tlcoke
06-22-2010, 02:23 PM
My Group is still open to members too.

Just PM me to join.

kate2961
06-22-2010, 04:54 PM

**Updated 6-7-10**

•Possible Texas Group(PM aggielawyer)
•Timika's Group(PM Eeyores#1Fan)
•The Entourage Group(PM tiggerbell)

DISers seeking Groups:
•txyankee
•praisehisname
•itsmuggsie
•Eeyores#1Fan
•mousehouselover
•kate2961

I am now in the Disneyland Group with Nancy. :woohoo:

My first FE group. I'm very excited.

Kate

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Welcome to our newest DL Group members!:banana::banana::banana:

Todd,

Timika and I just wanted to let you know that our two groups have merged.

This may just about fill us up for the DL group.......

aggielawyer
06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I've had a little interest in a Texas group so I wanted to repost an invitation: Texans or wanna-be Texans ;) send me a PM and join our group!! I promise I won't request a birth certificate to show proof of citizenship. :thumbsup2

keg218ac
06-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Hello Everyone! we are looking to join a FE group! we are super excited, as this is our 4th Disney Cruise, but 1st podcast cruise, and 1st cruise to participate in a FE. My hubby and daughter and I are from NY, just outside the city
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Room Number 6041
Screen Name keg218ac
# of People - 3
# of Adults 2
# of Children 1
Age(s) of Girl(s)- 1 y.o.
Real Name - Katie, Billy & Addison

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Hey everyone! We think we are going to close the DL group at this point. We just had an amazing influx of new members and I think we are good.

Thank you to everyone for letting us open back up! We can't wait to see what everyone has in store!!!

jeanigor
06-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Hello Everyone! we are looking to join a FE group! we are super excited, as this is our 4th Disney Cruise, but 1st podcast cruise, and 1st cruise to participate in a FE. My hubby and daughter and I are from NY, just outside the city
Room Number 6041
Screen Name keg218ac
# of People - 3
# of Adults 2
# of Children 1

I put your info on the first page. :goodvibes:goodvibesYou'll want to share the information I highlighted on the FE sign up thread.

Cherinva
06-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Room Number 6041
Screen Name keg218ac
# of People - 3
# of Adults 2
# of Children 1

Welcome Katie, Billy and Addison. Check out the other threads to see what's going on Pre-Cruise and Post-Cruise. See you in December.

keg218ac
06-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks Todd! I see us on the first page :-). All we do it wait and see if we get picked up by a group? Sorry, I am new at this. :-)

tlcoke
06-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks Todd! I see us on the first page :-). All we do it wait and see if we get picked up by a group? Sorry, I am new at this. :-)

You would PM a Group Leader also listed on the first page, however since you only have 2 board posts it won't let you PM anyone yet. Check your Private Messages, I have sent you a message.

mootmoot
07-02-2010, 08:06 PM
You would PM a Group Leader also listed on the first page, however since you only have 2 board posts it won't let you PM anyone yet. Check your Private Messages, I have sent you a message.

tlcoke - can you PM me as well with info on your group? Thanks!

tlcoke
07-03-2010, 08:44 AM
tlcoke - can you PM me as well with info on your group? Thanks!

PM has been sent.

tlcoke
07-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Todd - MootMoot & keg218ac are in my group.

Becx N Gav
07-09-2010, 05:20 AM
If anyone still wants to join a group please send me a PM :thumbsup2

TXYankee
08-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Anyone still looking to form or join a group?

sshaw10060
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
The New England group still needs members. Not from New England, but like lobster? You're welcome too!

georgemoe
08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
The New England group still needs members. Not from New England, but like lobster? You're welcome too!

You are giving lobstah as a FE gift. WOW. :banana:

Don't get any butter on the carpets. :rotfl:

GraceLuvsWDW
08-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Can we still join the Texas group?

We're in Texas!

And I'll be happy to make/help with anything. I have a few ideas.

What's entailed with joining a group?

jeanigor
08-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Can we still join the Texas group?

We're in Texas!

And I'll be happy to make/help with anything. I have a few ideas.

What's entailed with joining a group?

Just PM the group coordinator. :goodvibes

Cherinva
08-16-2010, 08:01 AM
I still need to make our FE.....it's difficult getting the girls together to have a sit down to decide what everyone wants. (I have all the stuff, but each of us is designing a pocket) Maybe once school gets back in session...they have been gone most of the summer. Time is getting short !!!

jeanigor
08-16-2010, 08:18 AM
I still need to make our FE.....it's difficult getting the girls together to have a sit down to decide what everyone wants. (I have all the stuff, but each of us is designing a pocket) Maybe once school gets back in session...they have been gone most of the summer. Time is getting short !!!

You still have lots of time. I finished my FE the night before I flew to Florida. The paint was literally still drying. Which was part of the reason I was pulled aside by TSA for screening.

Cherinva
08-16-2010, 08:35 AM
You still have lots of time. I finished my FE the night before I flew to Florida. The paint was literally still drying. Which was part of the reason I was pulled aside by TSA for screening.

LOL...my daughter seems to be a "target" for TSA....I don't want to give them any more reasons to pull her aside...I'm not joking either...EVERY time we fly anywhere...she gets pulled....they never find anything....just the nature of the beast I guess....

QDPie
08-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Todd,

I have a group we started a while ago, but it is only a group of two right now. We were hoping to have a group of people from New England.

Hi! We're from Maine and would love to join the New England group. Our family consists of my husband, daughter, and me! We're new to all this. What do we need to do to be part of the group?

Rachel

jeanigor
08-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Hi! We're from Maine and would love to join the New England group. Our family consists of my husband, daughter, and me! We're new to all this. What do we need to do to be part of the group?

Rachel

You need a minimum of 10 posts to send a private message, according to the regulations set up for the boards. I can message sshaw10060 and have him message you.:goodvibes

Cherinva
08-17-2010, 08:03 AM

Rachel

Welcome Rachel and family. You've joined a great group of people. We have numerous threads on Pre and Post gatherings, check them out and if any are of interest...please join in !!!! Looking forward to meeting you. :goodvibes

TXYankee
08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi!

I and two other Dis members have, what we think, is GREAT idea for a FE and want to start our own group. I am from Texas they are from California. Anyone is welcome. PM me if you are looking for a group, I'll let you know the idea and the cost and you can join if you want! The Group does not have an offical name yet but since all are welcome, for now, we are :Cats, Cougars, Cubs and Kittens!

jeanigor
08-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi!

I and two other Dis members have, what we think, is GREAT idea for a FE and want to start our own group. I am from Texas they are from California. Anyone is welcome. PM me if you are looking for a group, I'll let you know the idea and the cost and you can join if you want! The Group does not have an offical name yet but since all are welcome, for now, we are :Cats, Cougars, Cubs and Kittens!

That is what you shall be called on my listing. :goodvibes:goodvibes I will put you as the group contact, Theresa?

aggielawyer
08-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Todd, I'll send you a PM, but thought I'd post here as well. Would you take the Texas group down? We haven't been able to get one to come together very well, so I want to give people time to find another group.

jeanigor
08-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Todd, I'll send you a PM, but thought I'd post here as well. Would you take the Texas group down? We haven't been able to get one to come together very well, so I want to give people time to find another group.

Thank you for being so considerate.

TXYankee
08-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Bump

Our group is accepting new members! All are welcome.

Send me a PM!

KristEn87
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Is it too late to join a group? This will be my first time doing FE and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks!

Kristen

Becx N Gav
10-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Is it too late to join a group? This will be my first time doing FE and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks!

Kristen

Hi we have room for people as some have dropped out, I know you're not 'International' but you can pretend ;) Drop me a PM (include your e-mail) if you are interested, I'm still waiting to hear peoples views as to the final idea.

TXYankee
10-11-2010, 11:31 AM
We also have openings in our Group. Drop me a pm with your E-mail if you want to Join!