PDA

View Full Version : passport stamped at CC?

sdchickie
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know if you can have your passport stamped at Castaway Cay? I know you don't have to but thought they might have a cute stamp if they have one.

Edd
02-12-2010, 12:21 PM
No, they don't stamp it.

sdchickie
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Bummer! You'd think they would have one for those of us that won't ever get our passports filled any other way.

atigeg
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
even if they did, it would be a Bahamas stamp

just like Mexico, same stamp regardless what port you stop at.

Raven9 Studios
02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Bummer! You'd think they would have one for those of us that won't ever get our passports filled any other way.

if you go to grand cayman you can get it stamped in HELL

jeppler
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
You can ask at guest services the night before. They'll usually be able to have the local Bahamian immigration officer stamp it when they clear the ship for docking at Castaway, since it is a Bahamian island. The stamp will either say "Abaco" or "Sandy Point."

Brooklyn
02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
We have always dropped off our passports the night before and had them stamped. Yes the stamp is "Bahamas" but still nice to have.

JennMouse32
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
do u stamps at: St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles or St. Thomas/St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands?

disney1990
02-12-2010, 06:43 PM
You can ask at guest services the night before. They'll usually be able to have the local Bahamian immigration officer stamp it when they clear the ship for docking at Castaway, since it is a Bahamian island. The stamp will either say "Abaco" or "Sandy Point."

We sailed in January and tried to do this. We were told that it couldn't be done.

We did, however, take our passports off the ship in Nassau and got them stamped.

jeppler
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
We sailed in January and tried to do this. We were told that it couldn't be done.

We did, however, take our passports off the ship in Nassau and got them stamped.

Probably ran into a cranky CM. We've done this in 5 cruises so far. They usually say "oh, we'll try, but no guarantees" and we've always been surprised with the stamps the next morning....

disney1990
02-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Probably ran into a cranky CM. We've done this in 5 cruises so far. They usually say "oh, we'll try, but no guarantees" and we've always been surprised with the stamps the next morning....

I guess we should have been a little more persistent. Thanks.

pjacobi
02-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Because of computer and Radio Frequency ID (RFID) tags in embedded in passports, stamp are becomming obsolete, like an LP or cassette collection.

Some day you might even have a chip under your skin as a passport. My dog already has a chip in case he gets lost.

-Paul

Princess April
02-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Some day you might even have a chip under your skin as a passport. My dog already has a chip in case he gets lost.

-Paul

:lmao::lmao::lmao:, that would be a budget traveler's dream come true... no more renewing every 10 years for adults and 5 years for the kiddos!!!! :rotfl2: