PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 3 yr old at Castaway Cay?

thor205
02-12-2010, 11:08 AM
We've booked the 4 night for Nov 28, 2010 yay!

If hubby and 12yo son want to do the double Watercraft ski adventure in Castaway Cay I'm wondering what I could do with my 3yo son?

He's a very active boy and would rather be doing something than taking a cruise. If we go to Castaway Cay I'm not *super* excited about sitting on the beach - I won't be sitting I'll be trying to run after him in the water! ;)
But I'd like to get off the ship so ... what sort of things are my options?

tjbaggott
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
We've booked the 4 night for Nov 28, 2010 yay!

If hubby and 12yo son want to do the double Watercraft ski adventure in Castaway Cay I'm wondering what I could do with my 3yo son?

He's a very active boy and would rather be doing something than taking a cruise. If we go to Castaway Cay I'm not *super* excited about sitting on the beach - I won't be sitting I'll be trying to run after him in the water! ;)
But I'd like to get off the ship so ... what sort of things are my options?

Is he toilet trained? If so, then he can go to scuttles Cove which is the kids club at Castaway Cay. You can check him in there just like you would the clubs on the ship. There are activities, it's a large enclosed area, and the counsellors there are great (the same ones from the clubs on the ship).
We checked my 6 year old in there our last trip, when I was going on the Wave Rider tour and DH just wanted to lay back in a beach chair and not watch our little guy. DS6 loved scuttles cove. :)

kcashner
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
You'll have the option to watch him yourself while husband and son do their thing or put him in the programming. If you are watching him, there are activities at the gazebo--"crab" races, dancing, music, etc. You can build sand castles, swim, etc. You could rent a bike with a child seat ($6 for an hour) and see the island. Worst case...take him on the tram ride to Serenity Bay and back--kids can ride the tram, they just can't go on the beach or food areas where the tram stops.

thor205
02-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Ah awesome idea thanks! Fun at the gazebo and the tram ride look good! I'd rather do something with him than put him in the programming. He's kind of shy at first and if he cries then I'll just feel bad and not have a good time at whatever I'm doing!

carmie3377
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Our 3 YO DS is normally VERY active. Hardly ever sits still. However, he had so much fun playing the sand. We bought him some sand toys and he sat there all day playing with them. DH tried to get him to play in the water and he just wanted to play with the toys in the sand. Our new friends and tablemates watched him for a bit so we could snorkel together, but other than that, DH and I took times watching him. It was very relaxing just sitting! Anyway, even an older boy (around 10 or so) we didn't know started playing with DS in the sand. They had a great time building castles and just digging!

dsneygirl
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Get a few toys at the Dollar store for the sand :) My DS was almost 3 last trip and was very content to just play in all the shallow water while I sat about 2 ft away.

Are you planning on putting DS in the club on the ship at all? If so by the time he gets to CC he will know all the counsellors.

We sent DS to the club just before lunch and they fed all the kids in a separate area before Cookies opened to everyone else. Later when we came back to get him they had turned on some hoses and given kids buckets and everyone was just having a blast.

Raven9 Studios
02-12-2010, 04:39 PM
my son is the exact same way but loved the water and beach and honestly i didn't know if he would just play in the sand. a super nice lady with 2 little girls let my son play with the buckets-she was soooo nice and it made his whole day we also rode the tram back in forth so he was ready for a nap after swimming lol

teach22180
02-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure if he's old enough, but there's a fun "excursion" with the Stingrays that might entertain him. He would get to feed them and pet them and then play with the snorkel gear. I just didn't pay attention to the younger age limits. Sorry.

thor205
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah I'm planning to put him in the club on the ship - I guess I didn't realize some of the same counselors would be in different areas like that! Good to know. He's too young for the stingrays I checked that out too but thanks for the response I do appreciate it!