PDA

View Full Version : Dream 4 night or Magic 7 day

Oreillk
02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Cruising next April for Easter break. . . .Have never been on a cruise and am traveling with my 3 and 8 year old . . .Everyone is raving about the 7 night cruises .. .What does everyone think? New ship or longer cruise!

dismom73
02-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I was torn for our next cruise too. We've only ever done the 7 day (and LOVE it) but I really want to go on the new ship, so we are doing a back 2 back 4day then 3 day on the Dream. It's actually a few hundred dollars cheaper to do it this way (at least the week we are going it is).

tjbaggott
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I was torn for our next cruise too. We've only ever done the 7 day (and LOVE it) but I really want to go on the new ship, so we are doing a back 2 back 4day then 3 day on the Dream. It's actually a few hundred dollars cheaper to do it this way (at least the week we are going it is).

Thats exactly what we are doing also, in the fall of 2011! Much cheaper, and I swore after doing two 4 night cruises previously that we'll never do a 4 night again (just way to short). I want to take my boys (and myself of course) on the DREAM, so we're turning it into a 7 nighter. Can't wait, but first we will do our First Magic Cruise Fall of this year! :)

cakesnjammom
02-11-2010, 06:47 PM
we are torn too...really loved our 7 night cannot imagine it being over quicker but a 4 night is better than no cruise :rotfl2: we are looking into b2bs too and yes we will save $$ doing 7 n b2b vs 7 n Magic. Why is it so hard to plan :confused:

lbuher
02-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Cruising next April for Easter break. . . .Have never been on a cruise and am traveling with my 3 and 8 year old . . .Everyone is raving about the 7 night cruises .. .What does everyone think? New ship or longer cruise!

OK, honestly, since this is your first cruise..... I would lean more towards the shorter one on the new ship. You can "test the waters", so to speak, and while you will most likely LOVE it and book another one onboard, you MIGHT actually find 7 nights to be TOO long for your first time. It may partly depend on how prone you are to motion sickness, or how well your kids do with the kids' clubs, or any number of other factors. I have ONLY done 4 night cruises, and our family is very happy with that length and honestly have no desire at this point to do a longer one. We have another one booked for Dec 2011 and never gave a 7 nighter even a passing thought, partly because of cost but also partly because of our family's preference.

You will hear lots of other people say that 4 nights is way too short, but for your first one, until you KNOW that your whole family will LOVE being on a boat for that long.... I would do the shorter one for sure. And you get the DREAM to boot!!

Oreillk
02-11-2010, 07:18 PM
The planning is so nutty . . . so so confused about everything! I am so excited about the new ship I think that is for sure what we do. I am now in the process of figuring out a stateroom . . UGGHHHH I don't want to spend too much but want to be comfortable!:confused3 . . .