PDA

View Full Version : another stupid newbie question

Giant talking head
02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone... so all of you more experienced types will be able to tell immediately that I'm new here;) This is my first stupid newbie question. Is there an extra charge onboard to use the fitness center? I've looked around on the site as well as Disney's and can't come up with an answer. My husband would love to use the track :yay: Booked our very first cruise last week. Mediterranian April 24 , 2010... I'm way too excited to sleep !!!:yay::yay::yay:

TnRobin
02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
First - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

No the fitness center is not an extra charge, unless you want the assistance of a personal trainer. At one time, you could jog completely around the ship on the promenade deck, but they shut one piece of it down for awhile. I am not sure if it reopened, but I am sure someone will up date that.

moochpuppy
02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
No the fitness center is not an extra charge, unless you want the assistance of a personal trainer. At one time, you could jog completely around the ship on the promenade deck, but they shut one piece of it down for awhile. I am not sure if it reopened, but I am sure someone will up date that.

On our 1.16.10 cruise aboard the Magic we were able to go around the entire ship on Deck 4.

kcashner
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
No charge for the jogging track or the fitness center. You can use all the equipment without charge. The first day or so there is someone around who will help briefly with equipment; for more than a minute or so, you need to schedule a session with a trainer. They SAY they are available to help all the time, but I find them much less available than at my gym at home.

There are a few classes available at no charge--sign up in advance. The locker room and the sauna in it is free. There is a separate "rainforest" steam room that costs $16 per day. Passes for length of cruise or multiple uses are a bit cheaper.

Giant talking head
02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks so much for your help ! Sounds like we're going to have a great time !!!:woohoo: