PDA

View Full Version : Need cruise advice......

ge0rgette2
02-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Have cruised before but never on Disney..

Anything I should know?

I'll have 4 of us - myself and my husband - 1 19yo and 1 7yo.

We just returned from Disney over Christmas and looking to cruise in December or January 2011.

Any tips will be appreciated....

Thanks!
Georgette
:hippie:

krhardy
02-11-2010, 12:45 PM
The boards are great for information...cruise the boards and read trip reports. When you go, go with the mindset of having a great time. I have 2 general pieces of advice:
1)don't try to do everything...it's impossible. We've been on 5 and still haven't done it "all"...in fact our most recent trip we were on the tightest budget we've ever been on for a cruise, so about the only thing "extra" we did was 1 excursion, Palo brunch, and pictures. It was fabulous-not trying to rush around to get to all the *stuff*.
2)Remember that mistakes happen even on Disney. The cast members are very accomodating, and really do WANT you to be happy, but be nice to them and be patient. I have witnessed people getting snippy with cast members and I felt so sorry for the CMs. Yes, you are paying a lot of money for this cruise, but so is everybody else. The CMs live on the ship and deal with customers every day. Mistakes happen. Trust that you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar and that the CMs will make things right for you if anything goes wrong.

Most of all...ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!

cakesnjammom
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
check out the sticky of FAQ's about cruising in this forum! Great information!! You are going to have a ball!:goodvibes

ge0rgette2
02-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks both for the information... i will look around the forum..

I'm trying to book the eastern caribbean, we've done the western on another cruise line and we thought it was just okay.

:)

abdmom
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Have a look at the Dream. Its inaugural cruise is Jan. 26/ 2011.

ge0rgette2
02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Yes, I saw that.. problem is I have to be back by that time in January - my son will be starting his sophomore year of college - he goes back on the 24th or the 26th of January...