PDA

View Full Version : Calling to see if a PIN is attached to your name??

momof2chipmunks
02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I have read that some people call Disney to see if there is a PIN attached to their name. I'm a little confused. When I received my PIN last year it came through my email. So, if I did have a PIN attached to my name, shouldn't I have received notification via snail mail or email??? I am planning another trip later this year and have not gotten a PIN yet. Should I be calling regularly to see if there is a PIN attached to my name?? TIA

DCDisney
02-10-2010, 08:36 PM
I have gotten pins before on emails and post cards but if I am planning a trip and I see others post about pins I do call and see if I have the same offer. Most of the time I do. I know they have my adress and email and I have no idea why they don't send the offer if they intend you to have it but frequently they don't. I don't just call regularly though I only call if I hear about a particular pin I could use. I just did this a few days ago and sure enough I did have a pin I could use and it improved my savings beyond the AAA rate I already had booked.

mlittig
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I called about a pin I had but could not use and asked if there were any others. I did have another one I could use but I never received an e-mail about it :confused3

Scubee
02-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I called to book my dates for Oct and had a PIN attached to my name for all four types of resorts. The only notification I had ever received was a 20% off Value PIN when I ordered the 2010 planning DVD. I've seen a number of others stating that they had PINs in their name but had not received notifications either.

luapgib
02-12-2010, 10:28 AM
My question is do I just call the reservation number? Second do they get annoyed when someone just calls to ask about a pin?

rick75
02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I called yesterday to see if I had a pin. All I had was one through June for hotel discounts. Not what I was looking for as we are going in early December. I was told to call back as it gets closer.

dd50
02-12-2010, 02:19 PM
My question is do I just call the reservation number? Second do they get annoyed when someone just calls to ask about a pin?

Yes you call that number and some do get annoyed and some don't. Most are nice and look for you.

tr-ray
02-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I called today (about 2 months since i called last) out of curiosity, since last time I had the PIN for the room only discounts thru 6/3...

And lo & behold, I had the coveted PIN that goes through December ;D So, I will be booking this week.

And for the record, I have not gotten either by email or snail mail!!

tinkabella627
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Well this is entertaining...I just called because I have received pin codes to both my married name and my maiden name. In looking through my email trash I have found both of them... however the girl that just looked them up for me told me that neither of my names exist in their computer.