PDA

View Full Version : ? onboard reservations for DReam

tigger2on
02-10-2010, 03:39 PM
So I am traveling with my 2 middle children in a week to Disney and going on the Wonder on Feb.21/10. While onboard, I need to book 4 rooms for a cruise in 2011 ... on the same cruise Sept 25 or Oct 2. What info do a need for each room? Can I put cash deposits down for my mom's room and let her call and place a credit card down when we transfer to a TA? or call DCL and give the her credit card info? Also does there have to be an adult in each room on the ressies?
Thanks in advance!

HallsofVA
02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
There does need to be at least 1 adult (18 or over) in each room.

You could go ahead and make all or some of your reservations now, and just have the onboard booking person transfer the deposit and information to your new rebooked reservation while you're onboard in a few weeks. (Don't transfer to a TA before rebooking.) That way you wouldn't need your mom's credit card information while on the cruise, but you and she would end up paying the full deposits rather than the partial deposits. You could get around the deposit issue by only putting one person in her room for now (paying only 1 deposit) and putting a 2nd person in that room once you rebook the reservation (if that was the original plan).

Or you could just have your mom's credit card information with you to use for the deposit when you rebook. You'll also need her birth date, address, castaway cay number, etc, unless she's travelling with you.

tigger2on
02-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I want to book onboard so I only have to put down $100/person rather than $200/person online or by phone. PLus I wanted to get the higher OBC

DisneyCruiser83
02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
You can book whatever you want for yourself in one cabin. Then, you can do the friends and family voucher for your mother. It is a coupon that allows her to book later, but recieve the same onboard booking benefits. Happy cruising!

kcashner
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
What I did:
Book on board for everyone using my credit card. Name TA at the time.
We were on a western, so while in Key West, I called others with the reservation numbers. They called the TA immediately with their credit card numbers. TA called DCL and had them apply the new credit card numbers and refund to my card. The charge and refund 2 days later showed up on my bill. The point was that I didn't want to be responsible for everyone else's credit card numbers.

You will need name, address, and date of birth, and a phone number for each person for whom you are making a reservation, You can make as many reservations as you have people on your current cruise. A reservation = one cabin. You will need to book at least one person 18 or over in each cabin, 21 or older if there will be someone under 18 in the cabin with them (18-20 can share a cabin but cannot have a minor in the cabin). You will need a pay source (cash, check, or credit card) for each reservation. If your family doesn't have a problem giving you their credit card info, you can do it that way.

The friends and family voucher DOES NOT get the same benefits as booking on board. It requires the full deposit and it gets only one of the benefits (I think the OBC, but would have to verify. It doesn't get both OBC and discounted price, it gets one or the other). So...the best deal is for you to book for everyone while you are on board.

tigger2on
02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
So I can NOT book 3 cabins for my immediate family onboard?
We need a connecting HA cabin for my DD13 and another HA cabin for my mother who has my 6 year old.

kcashner
02-10-2010, 09:10 PM
The rule is that you can book one cabin for each person on your current sailing....however, sometimes the onboard agent will slide the rules a little to work with you. You WILL need to have an adult booked into each cabin regardless of who sleeps where. THey won't book a HA for your DD13 unless there is also an adult in that cabin, even if it connects with grandma's cabin!

tigger2on
02-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Ok... so if I am travelling with 2 kids now... I can book 3 cabins? Sorry... I am usually NOT this dumb! LOL
There will be 3 adults in 2011 and 4 kids so I just need to put 1 adult in each room right?

tigger2on
02-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Also if I book my mom's friend in her cabin while on board and she decides she doesn't want to share a cabin with them, can she use her booking credit and transfer it to another room of her own?
Sorry for all the questions... :(

kcashner
02-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Correct...if there are 3 of you on board now (1 adult, 2 kids) you can book a total of 3 cabins for future cruises. Yes, you can book with one adult in each cabin and spread the kids however you wish.

No one cares who ultimately sleeps where....it's just that you must book one adult in each room and you will pay adult fare for the first 2 people in each cabin regardless of age. You'll get your best value with one adult in each room, then spread out the 3 oldest kids.

itutorfortravel
02-11-2010, 07:47 AM
We just got back from a cruise in December and had a Friends and FAmily certificate and I wanted to confirm that it only gets you the OBC, not a 10% discount or a reduced deposit. :sad2: