PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the New Disney Dream

irishdadx4
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
found this link on a post on cruisecritic.com....

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

go to the 2010 Disney link to see pictures. There are also many good pictures of the Dream on the Celebrity Eclipse page. The Disney Dream is the ship that's being built in the foreground of all the pics.

Enjoy:thumbsup2

Mike

Donald_Quackers
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I think someone already posted links to some or all of these, but I don't think there will be much complaining if there are new shots there.

Edit: Ok, I take that back, don't remember seeing anyone post photos like that.

xangav
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Great pics! Thanks for the link. Very Cool.

irishdadx4
02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah..I thought they were great pics.....they were just taken by a guy, that from his post on the cruisecritic.com site where I found tmen, appears to get regular and extensive access to the ships being built at Papenburg. He stated that he gets lots of interior shots too as the ship build progresses. So hope to see lots of good pics from this guy over the next year. Glad you enjoyed them. The pics of the Celebrity ship actually had better Dream pics then the Dream section. I really enjoyed the one of the rear underside of the Dream with the Propeller shaft supports.

:yay:

truck1
02-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I love his pics.Hopefully hell be able to get more as time goes on.

Theres 1 question that has been answered. The Dream is getting the traditional prop/rudder arrangement, and not the azipods.

irishdadx4
02-11-2010, 08:11 AM
I love his pics.Hopefully hell be able to get more as time goes on.

Theres 1 question that has been answered. The Dream is getting the traditional prop/rudder arrangement, and not the azipods.

I was doing some research on azipods...and it seems that they aren't as prevalent as one might think. It does seem that the ships that do have them have had alot of problems with them. I don't think there has been enough of them built, to provide us with enough data for correcting engineering problems. The cruise ship companies just want reliable ships as cost effective as possible, that everyone understands how to fix. :teacher:

Mike

truck1
02-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I hadnt heard the specific problems with azipods, only that they had a 70% (or so) unreliable rate, on units already installed in ships.That was a few years ago and I would have thought they had a better handle on the issues.

Could be that they are still a realtively new system and still working out the bugs.

mrp4352
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
When I went to view the pictures 8 of the last 10 visitors had linked over from disboards.com!

mousetravel
02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Thought I'd add this link that I found. Not sure if it's on the boards somewhere, but they have great pictures!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/destinations/cruises/orl-disney-dream-cruise-ship-pictures,0,6198629.photogallery?track=orl-mark-promo-travel-disney-dream