PDA

View Full Version : The FAO Schwarz store at the Forum Shops closed.

jlima
02-10-2010, 12:40 AM
This is disappointing. But I can't remember the last time I went there . . . maybe 2 years ago? After it was remodeled, it was a totally different store than when it opened. But it was always a place where anything you could buy there, you could buy cheaper somewhere else.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/feb/09/fao-schwarz-recessions-just-no-fun/

kamikazecat
02-10-2010, 12:43 AM
That is so sad. My son and I would spend hours there on our trips to Vegas. :sad2:

foolishmortal
02-15-2010, 12:25 PM
sad indeed. But why did that spokeman say they have the only niketown??? we have one heer in Denver too, have for many years

dreweyj
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
The Vegas one isn't the only one to close. The last time I was in Chicago (during Thanksgiving), I found out that the Chicago FAO Schwartz closed also! Soooo sad.... :sad1:

jlima
06-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Now the word is an H&M store is moving into the space where FAO was. So, if you're into shopping, it's another destination for you.

moose.
07-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Now the word is an H&M store is moving into the space where FAO was. So, if you're into shopping, it's another destination for you.

yup. i was just there this weekend and thats the facade now. its quite sad to see fao schwarz gone. even though i wouldnt always buy something there, it was always fun to stop in and see some interesting things.

skiingfast
07-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure but FAO may of gone bankrupt wether of not Toys R US bought the name and close the stores only leaving NY and LV open but closed LV last year. If you think about it is LV a good spot for a toy store?

Tanzanite
07-31-2010, 10:31 AM
That was a loveley store love the Forum shops.:cool1: