PDA

View Full Version : What is a Signature Collection excursion?

slg
02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I've been on 3 cruises and I haven't seen this before.

What does it mean?

HallsofVA
02-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I think it's part of the new tie in with Adventures by Disney. They are very expensive, somewhat exclusive excursions. Many you have to call to get the price and book. I've also heard that many of them are non-refundable or at least can't be canceled as easily as the regular excursions.

There's a private villa experience in Tortola that I'm dying to know how much it costs!

kcashner
02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
I hadn't seen it before the European cruises for this summer. Halls is right--it is a tie in with Adventures by Disney since they now share a president with the cruise line. There was a trip to the Vatican with views of normally restricted areas for something unreal--like $3000 or $5000 per person. Sorry, but when you hit that level.....well, a one day excursion is costing more than the whole cruise!

sayhello
02-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't think the Signature Excursions are actually a tie-in with Adventures by Disney. I've signed up for the ABD tie-in for the May 15th 2010 cruise, and that's a complete package of all your excursions, including activities on the ship, the services of ABD adventure guides, etc. They are not available to sign up for on an individual excursion basis.

It's possible that the Signature Excursions are patterned after the types of excursions that ABD does, but they are not actually part of Adventures by Disney.

Sayhello

slg
02-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm interested in a signature excursion in Copenhagen and it is actually cheaper than any of the other excursions ($109 for a 7.5 hour excursion including lunch)! Maybe its just exclusive as it says below that it has very limited seating and needs to be booked early.

I wonder if you have to pay upfront....