PDA

View Full Version : Why Cant I quit

belle05
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Am I the only one who obsesses?? If Im not on a cruise or DW, Im on these boards reading every single one. I just cant stop. Everyones pictures make me wish I was sitting on my balcony taking it all in. I never thought I would enjoy cruising as much as I did. Yes, Im sad to say I have researched other cruise lines...thinking I could save money and enjoy it just the same. But then I get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, like Im cheating on Disney and here I am back again. I swear they are pumping subliminal messages in my room at night...lol

Tinkerkell123
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
You are so NOT the only one who is addicted to the boards! I am considering trying to find a DISboards Anonymous group! :lmao:

DENISEES
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I haven't even been on a Cruise yet and I am obsessing!!!! We do not go till next Feb. And I am on this site a few times a day!!! My DH yelled at me last night b/c I was showing him all the pics from everyone---he said I shoultone getting ready for our vaca in July to Turks & Caicos instead.... and to be excited about that first..... Which of course I am but it is just not the same as reading and absorbing all the goodies I can from these boards!!!!

moochpuppy
02-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello, my name is moochpuppy, and I'm a DCLaholic. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

DisneyDaddio
02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Add me to the list. We're looking at hopefully booking our first cruise sometime next year and am on this forum just about every waking minute. So much great info and people here, so how can you help but not be addicted!

dennismcneely
02-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Is there any room left for one more?? the add me to the list :lmao: LOL We have been on 2 Disney Cruises, 2 more on the way (Med Sept 2010 & Alaskan Aug 2011) we are hoping to book a couple more while on board.:cool1:

Dennis

ericamanda01
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Same here! After 2 Disney cruises my In laws wanted to do an Alaskan cruise for their 40th anniversary in 2006. We took Princess cruise lines and spent the entire time comparing it to DCL. DCL won every time. We declared then and there nothing but DCL for us. We are about to take our 6th Disney cruise and have loved every one.

codygirl5150
02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Everytime we start thinking about planning a vaca, it's always Disney something for me (WDW, DL, and now DCL!!!). And then its about a year or more of logging on to the DIS boards several times per day to see pics, look at menus, and of course get tips and info!

But everytime I start uber planning, I learn so much from these boards...we get to do so much more than the average person thanks to the tips I find on here!

Last WDW vaca, my DD7 got to do Jedi Training Academy at DHS Star Wars Weekends AND got fastpasses for Toy Story Mania all on the same day, got picked by the candy lady in Japan at Epcot, and was the first of the day to meet Tinkerbell at MK. That doesn't even include the time we saved by having a good park touring plan! I learned all the tips of how to get to do these things on the DIS. It is sooooo worth the obsession!!! I'm sure I'll have the same success with DCL thanks to the boards! :woohoo:

Chernabog66
02-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Count me obsessed, but learning to live with it...In all honesty, it's a pretty benign thing to be obsessed with. At least if I get my wish(another Disney Cruise) my whole family wins!:cool1:

disney 2010
02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
It's nice to know I'm not alone. Got back from our 1st cruise in Jan and can't stop reading and dreaming about how to plan another!!:banana:

DVCMikey
02-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I feel the same way. Ever since we planned our trip coming up next week, I have been onthese boards viewing it all.

Mich123
02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I think there's something in the water! I dream of WDW and have already been bracing myself for post cruise and Vero Beach DVC depression--even though I'm already planning a trip to DL. Will I rebook? ;)

carmie3377
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I could have written most of these posts :). It used to be the Disney Dining board and now it's the DCL board. I can't wait to go on our cruise. I think about it all the time. I keep a tab of the disboards up at all times. DD told me yesterday that we just need to wait to plan our next cruise just a month or two before we actually go so were not thinking about it so much. I told her we just need to book more cruises!!!

NancyIL
02-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Same here! After 2 Disney cruises my In laws wanted to do an Alaskan cruise for their 40th anniversary in 2006. We took Princess cruise lines and spent the entire time comparing it to DCL. DCL won every time. We declared then and there nothing but DCL for us. We are about to take our 6th Disney cruise and have loved every one.

I cruised on Princess to Alaska (twice) and loved it. I have also cruised on DCL twice and liked it. I have two Princess cruises booked in 2010, and one Disney cruise (on the Dream) booked for 2011. Maybe I'll finally love DCL after cruising on the new ship.

I always have a WDW trip planned, but I can take or leave a Disney cruise.

noahsmom
02-10-2010, 08:12 AM
I would venture to guess that 80% or more of the folks on these boards are obsessed! I certainly am! Even though my DS & DH don't come to these boards they are always asking how many days until our next trip (although DS doesn't want to know until it's under 200 days).

lck33
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Count me in. Obsessed here too!:laughing:

Fellow Passholder
02-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I joined last month and have spent nearly every available minute checking out posts, pictures, and trip reports. Well, they say recognizing the problem is the first step to recovery. Since I don't see a problem I'm either setting myself up for an intervention or there isn't a problem. Time will tell...

NancyIL
02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I've been on the DIS since early 1999 - so it isn't easy to quit!

dzneprincess
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Obsessed with dcl here as well! In fact my very first and only tattoo is a very small dcl logo and I love it! Myself and my 2 best friends all for it about 3 years ago!

camarks1234
02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
count me in. I'm dying to book the next cruise. can't wait. hopefully it's a dd!

TnRobin
02-11-2010, 08:51 AM
11 years and counting here. Yes I admit I am addicted to the DIS and DCL. I keep telling myself I will try RCCL or Carnival's new ship. I even once made a deposit on RCCL only to later call and cancel.

lilosurf11
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Everytime my parents plan vacations with us, it's either WDW or a DCL trip! When I got off the ship last December, all I could think about was when we would be on the next cruise.:cool1:

jship210
02-11-2010, 09:23 AM
You are so NOT the only one who is addicted to the boards! I am considering trying to find a DISboards Anonymous group! :lmao:

We'll form a 12 step program, have monthly meetings and see if there is some type of saltwater patch. Of course the meeting WILL be held on boad the Magic, Wonder or Dream....:goodvibes

lbuher
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
OK, here's the thing.... I found this board last September and like many of you spent HOURS on here learning all I could, asking questions, etc... in preparation of our first DCL cruise in late January. I would even read threads that I KNEW would not have any helpful info for me, and was just obsessed/consumed with this board! Even though I knew we were going to book onboard for the Dream, I thought "when I get back home, I won't be on the board nearly as much, because it'll be almost two years before we sail again - I'll have plenty of time to prepare as we get closer, and there's not much info out there on the Dream anyway. I'll just wait until early next year - after the maiden voyage - and THEN I'll get hooked/addicted again."

WHAT MADE ME THINK I COULD BREAK THE ADDICTION SO EASILY??? How could I think I would get addicted AGAIN when I never got UNaddicted to start with??? At this point in our vacation cycle this is such a time-waster and I need to stop but I CAN'T!!! HHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!

What I am I saying??? None of you folks can help me with this matter... you're in the same "boat" I'm in!!! Best of luck to all of us in EVENTUALLY shaking this obsession!!

Tinkerkell123
02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
We'll form a 12 step program, have monthly meetings and see if there is some type of saltwater patch. Of course the meeting WILL be held on boad the Magic, Wonder or Dream....:goodvibes

I'm there! I am still trying to convince work that it would be in everyone's best interest for me to work remotely from the ship! :laughing:

cindy18
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm so with you guys on this. We have two DCL cruises under our belt and have 3,4, and 5 already booked. I am on these threads constantly, planning, thinking, reading and dreaming! My kids roll their eyes, but my DH grudgingly admits that we get all of our best info from the DIS. As addictions go, this is a pretty good one.:cool1:

mobopolo
02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Add me too!! And I haven't even gone on my first cruise yet! :lmao: My best guess is, it will be even worse after I get back... :sad2: :surfweb::cloud9:

Figment_Fan
02-11-2010, 01:57 PM
It will take more than a twelve step program. Besides, I'm not sure I want to quit this addiction. I'm planning two WDW vacations and I can't resist being on the DCL boards.

mollygirl13
02-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Count me in, too!

Addicted, obsessed, hooked, fanatic-did I mention obsessed?

I have 38 WDW trips, 2 (+ 2 upcoming) Disney Cruises & numerous hours spent daily on the DIS! I spend everyday here on the DIS dreaming of Disney, getting my much needed "Disney fix!"

belle05
03-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Oh great...I didnt even realize what I had done! I just created ANOTHER thread for me to obsess over. lmao. Glad to see Im not alone! My family wants to just go to DW this year...I find myself getting mad that they dont want to do the cruise! Isn't that aweful, its still Disney...but Lord put me in the open seas on a ship with kind folks catering to me and Im putty forever.:worship:

Angelhalo
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM

We did the same thing with Carnival last year. I NEVER want to cruise Carnival again!

jewelmicky
03-02-2010, 03:58 PM
HI
My name is Jewel and I am a DIS Addict!

I HAVE to have a DCL or WDW trip in the works at all times!

It helps to keep me in a better place.

Blanche_Neige
03-02-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm addicted to Disney and I'm proud of it!

nvcruiser
03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
My friends think I'm crazy when I tell them I want to retire onto a Disney ship.... I'm only 25! From the time I step off the boat I'm trying to think of how many jobs I can work to afford the next one... I'm currently working 3 and planning for next summer! I work to cruise- it's how I stay sane! ;)

AmandEm
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
We have yet to take our first cruise and I am on the boards almost all day! I am now on a mission to find out anything and everything there is to know before we set sail in Jan. :banana: lol

brianjoy81
03-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Oh man, I am so so bad. What makes it worse, is, I have NEVER cruised on DCL, or been to WDW! We aren't going for another year. Yet, I have been on these boards for a looong time. I learn something new everyday also! I tell my husband when he laughs at me,"Hey, you can't say we are going on this vacation blind! We will be well prepared." I am already bummed my baby won't be old enough to cruise when my daugher is out for Thanksgiving, or you better believe we'd be going then!

wld4mky
03-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Well we are in good company:rotfl: There are far worse addictions than Disney and DCL.

4HOLIDAYS
03-03-2010, 09:25 AM
You are not alone. I read the boards for about a year or 2 before actually joining. Now it's even worse. My DH and kids don't want to hear about all the neat info I find anymore. I try and say that I'll only be on for 15 min or an hour or a set amount of time...otherwise I'd be on here all day.

idreamofwdw
03-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I am also a DIS board addict...have lurked for 2 years and now I have a cruise booked I am literally hooked!:lovestruc

However, as others have said.....there are worse things to be obsessed by!

Seņor DonDuck
03-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I call Disney my healthy obsession. Since finding the DIS, I can't help but log in daily. But hey, it makes me so happy, so can't be too bad for me.. can it? ;)

jinia
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Just put deposit down on my first DCL:cloud9: for May 2011 and you would think it is a month away...reading this forum like mad..looking for fabric for possible FE...as if I have no time at all!:laughing: I even just made a Pandora station that is all Disney .. gotta little misty eyed:rolleyes: when "Part of Your World" came on...I am glad I am not the only one....princess:

GoofyTraci
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Ok so I am starting to feel better about myself. I am not the only disney obsessed person. I am always planning a trip to WDW or DCL. I love all things disney and hate it when my friends and family say You going there again. I say yes I am. My going to disney every year is my business and it isnt hurting u so leave me alone.

Disney makes me still feel like a kid and I love it that there is something for the whole family to do. So count me in for the support group.:grouphug:
I love my disfamily. Because of the dis and the wonderful people here my vacations are much well planned and I have learned so much. Not to mention the disigners who are so wonderful to help us make our vacations more special.:lovestruc