PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the new supplements from Jillian Michaels?

PeterPan09
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I was looking at them over the weekend, but I have to admit that the "cleanse" one kind of scares me. I had to take some evil stuff before abdominal surgery a few years ago and those memories have scarred me for life. If the "cleanse" is anything like that, I want NO part of it!

lisah0711
02-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I haven't tried them but I would do some more research if you are thinking about giving them a try.

For starters, research has shown that most people don't need a "cleansing" regimen -- your body takes care of that naturally. Studies have shown there isn't a bunch of you-know-what in your body that needs to be "cleansed." I see one of the ingredients was probiotics, which can be good for you, I don't know if they are giving them to you to correct the cleansing or for some other reason.

It looks like a lot of people on sparkpeople.com are talking about them. I would check out those discussions. I would also google the ingredients. The scarier sounding the ingredients, the less likely I would be to consider it. It sounds like one is simply the equivalent of a lot of caffeine.

Not to mention that it seems to go against what Jillian supposedly stands for -- getting healthy the natural way, with diet, organic food and exercise --when they are promoting their formulas. It's a little disappointing to me.

I am always leary of any diet related product because so many get recalled for serious side effects and get pulled from the market. I don't want to be one of the one who gets in trouble before they figure things out.

Good luck in your research. If you do decide to give them a try, please be sure and let us know what you think.

LIFERBABE
02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I asked my DH to buy me the cleanse and burn at CVS a few weeks ago.

I was really disappointed in the way the product was packaged!! No booklet, instruction sheet nothing inside of the box but 2 blister packs of pills.

The instructions were on the outside of the box and were very basic. I mean like 2 sentences on the side of the box, that was it!

I had Dh return it. I know alot of people love Jillian, but it seems like she is slapping her name on anything with little regard. The Wii game is another example.

I am steering clear of her products from now on.

Renysmom
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
She has stated on several interviews and on her blog that these supplements she developed herself working along with the leading nutritionist in the country and that they are 100% natural, no preservatives at all.

I love her new Wii game (the 2010 version). It is 150% better than the 2009 version . She said in the same article that she was 100% involved in this version (2010) because she was so upset over the results of the 2009 version not being what she had signed up for.

VernRDH
02-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Just an FYI, but Jillian is being sued over the supplements.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/02/18/2010-02-18_biggest_loser_trainer_jillian_michaels_hit_with _third_lawsuit_over_weight_loss_s.html

when she used to do her radio show, she would BLAST those cleanse things. I have a hard time with her now promoting them, seems like she is selling out. I really admire her and think she is a great trainer, but all the "stuff" she is selling now, well........