PDA

View Full Version : 7 Month Window at VGC?

katied
02-08-2010, 01:43 PM
We're thinking of taking a DL trip in late 2011/early 2012. We have BLT and BWV points. Any idea about resort availability at the 7 month window in Dec/Jan in California (for a 1 bedroom)?

I've booked VGC once for DSister, and everything was open for the month of April (studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom) when I called about 6 months out. However, I'm expecting that will change.

Any thoughts?

SuzanneSLO
02-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Since the resort opened, I think most DVC members, myself included, have been surprised at the availability. Personally, I have been able to book a studio for CP weekend (calling as soon as non-home resort bookings were available and WLing), cancelled that due to a trip to Maui, booked a studio in early June about 5 months out, cancelled that and booked a 2BR for late June about 5 months out (WL came thru same day). We plan to actually use the last reservation, even if our friends cancel and it is just DH and me! Each of these reservations were for a Sat-Mon night.

Once the resort sells out, I think bookings will be as hard to get as we originally expected. There is speculation that the opening of WoC will lead to more sales, but it may take all the upgrades to DCA (2012) before there is enough interest.

If you are flexible with your dates, January, especially mid-week is very slow at the Parks. On the other hand, most of December, even mid-week was fairly busy at the Parks.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

dwelty
02-08-2010, 06:22 PM
December will be dicey, January should be fairly easy. Good luck!

katied
02-09-2010, 12:01 PM
We'll plan on Jan then, especially if it's less crowded. Earlier in Jan is easier work-wise for me, and we would skip the weekend (vising with friends in Orange County over the weekend instead).

Thanks for the advice.