PDA

View Full Version : Nov 20th 7 day ~ we are in 5524

FLmomof2
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Just wondering if the people who have the connecting room to ours is on the Dis?

I'm a little concerned about the connecting room since we are light sleepers, but so happy we got the SPH room!

justmestace
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
The best way to find out if someone is in the room next to yours, if they're on the DIS, is to find this cruise on the Cruise Meets threads, and ask there.
But I have to say I'm curious....are you going to ask them to be quiet? Probably not the best way to start.

We've been in rooms that were connecting, and you can place a towel along the bottom of the door, and that helps...but for the most part, we don't hear much. Then again, we were in a room one time where a family had booked two rooms next to eachother, and they put all of the teens and pre-teens in one room, the adults in the other. The kids were in the room next to ours....not a connecting....I don't know if it was their living area that was on the wall that was opposite our bedroom, or if it was another bedroom over there, but they sounded like they were dancing on the wall all night long.
Connecting or not, you may or may not hear anything....or you may have someone pounding. If it's really bad, you can call Guest Services. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. You could move to another room if the ship isn't full, but there may be an even noisier neighbor there.

kcashner
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
We've been in connecting rooms and never had issues with the neighbors. We've been in non-connecting rooms and had lots of noise--from snoring and baby crying to LOUD voices, etc. Be considerate and hope for the best. If there's an issue, call GS and let them deal with it.

FLmomof2
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
But I have to say I'm curious....are you going to ask them to be quiet? Probably not the best way to start.

Oh my goodness NO! I would never never ask anyone to be quiet, since they have as much right to talk in their room as we do in ours! I was just curious, and thought they would be curious too (who was in the connecting room.

Maybe since I said we were light sleepers it came across like that, but no...:)

jk8
02-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Well if you were going in the April 3, 2010 cruise your neighbors would be us. :goodvibes We are a quiet group of 3. Lets just hope we both get lucky with our connections.

FLmomof2
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Well if you were going in the April 3, 2010 cruise your neighbors would be us. :goodvibes We are a quiet group of 3. Lets just hope we both get lucky with our connections.

:lmao: We have only had connecting rooms with my in laws...as long as the people in the room aren't party animals, I think we will be just fine. I wish we were going in April, since November seems so far away!

buckeyejennifer
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Just wondering if the people who have the connecting room to ours is on the Dis?

I'm a little concerned about the connecting room since we are light sleepers, but so happy we got the SPH room!

We'll be your upstairs neighbors! We're on that cruise and will be in 6624! Can't wait! :cool1: