View Full Version : Hoping weather won't affect our flight!

02-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Ugh!! Here in Chicagoland they are forecasting 7-10" for Tuesday with 25-30 mph winds. We're supposed to fly out Wednesday at 7:30am. Just hoping for some pixie dust to get us to Florida by Thursday!pixiedust:

02-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I would be a NERVOUS WRECK!! I hope you can get there on time:)

02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
When bad weather has been predicted, I"ve had luck in SW letting us fly out a day early. I've also had luck with Disney starting our room reservation a day earlier (with help from a supervisor) at whatever discounted rate I had.
Good luck..I also always hate worring about the weather when flying.

02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Oh no!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Lots of pixie dust.

02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I guess I'd better go to the grocery store today!

Good luck!

02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
How far are you from the airport? If you can't fly out early, at least consider driving to the airport the night before, and stay at a hotel right next to the airport. MUCH less stress Wednesday morning, and you at least won't have to worry about traffic delays due to the snow.

Fingers & toes crossed for you!


02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
We are staying at an airport area hotel Tuesday night. I wish we could escape tonight but work, school, dog, etc.....It seems that most SW flights on Weds are booked. Could get ugly.