PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Questions

Kdl
02-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I have just a couple of questions regarding our July 25, 2010 5-night Wonder cruise.

1. We currently have early dining, but are thinking of moving it to the late dining as we think we will feel too rushed to get to dinner. Can anyone tell me about the "dine and play"? We are travelling with our 7 year old daughter and I understand that with the late dining only, the counsellors will come and pick her up so that we can enjoy the rest of our dinner.

2. If we have the late dining, I have read that we won't miss the shows because there is an early one, but what about the Pirate party. Will we miss that if we have the late dining?

3. Towels - does DCL provide them for the pools/Castaway Cay? I really want to not overpack, so any info would be great!

Aquachick0410
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I can't answer your first question but I can answer number 2 and 3. You will not miss the pirate party if you have second seating for dinner. But you will go right from dinner up to the pirate party. I have even learned to skip dessert at dinner so that I can get some of the yummy desserts at the buffet at the pirate party.

As for towels, yes they give them to you as you get off the ship at Castaway Cay. I usually take two with me just in case because I don't remember seeing a place anywhere else on the island where you can get more towels.

su_kraft
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Sign up for dine and play at the club. It looked like they stationed one counselor at the door, and others went and gathered the kids. We missed this with our daughter last September, but will do it this coming September.

For pirate night, I would skip dessert and head up to deck 9 or 10 for the party and fireworks. If you linger in the dining room you will have a hard time getting a spot for the little one to see the show. On our last cruise there were people saving chairs at the rails on deck 10 (they were prime spots for watching the show). I asked one grand mother if I could let my DD (5) stand on the chair to watch and she said no. 5 minutes after the show started I just plopped her in the chair and told the lady I would move her if her party showed up (they never did...).

Disney provides towels for all excursions they have that involve pools/beaches, as well as Castaway Cay. No need to pack beach towels.

Have a great cruise!