PDA

View Full Version : Free Pants

ashleyd725@hotmail.c
02-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Dockers commercial during the super bowl is advertising a chance for free pants if you go to dockers.com/freepants
Fill out an entry form and emails to winners go out tomorrow!

maggiew
02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I hope its better than their free airfare from Dockers deal. DH never got his.

Maggie

NeedaVacation03
02-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Did anyone get this to work? The website kept shuting down. Then when it opened it would not accept the verification code. Dockers is getting a huge negative on their facebook page. I hope it worked for someone.

Topper
02-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Worked for me, no problem.

solfan68
02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
I just got through, no issue.

SandrA9810
02-07-2010, 09:26 PM
i did it without an issue. i just went to dockers.com and it was right there. Entered my name, email, and entered the security code. took two seconds.

hcirone
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
i cought the commercial out of the corner of my eye.. i thought it really was for free pants, not just the CHANCE. what a rip.

Cruise
02-08-2010, 12:55 AM
i cought the commercial out of the corner of my eye.. i thought it really was for free pants, not just the CHANCE. what a rip.

According to http://www.hubdub.com/m27364/How_many_people_will_watch_Superbowl_XLIII , 98.7 million people watched the Super Bowl last year. Even if only half of those people went to the website and signed up, and even if Dockers could make a pair of pants for $5 base cost, that would be over $246 million dollars worth of pants.

As it is, the official rules say they're giving away certificates for 2,990 pair which is the retail equivalent of $89,700. I think that's more than generous for a one-time ad promotion.

tink2dw
02-08-2010, 02:31 AM
did you see the the free Grand Slam meal?

soccerchick
02-08-2010, 06:52 AM

Yeah, and I remember THAT was a nightmare last year too. It was in the news that people were being obnoxiously crazy. I'm pretty sure Denny's extended the hours, at least the local ones that made the news here. We won't be anywhere near a Denny's on that day!

Blue.Fairy2
02-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Yeah, and I remember THAT was a nightmare last year too. It was in the news that people were being obnoxiously crazy. I'm pretty sure Denny's extended the hours, at least the local ones that made the news here. We won't be anywhere near a Denny's on that day!

thinking the same thing LOL

cats mom
02-08-2010, 10:27 AM

How could you miss it? They must have spent a fortune on Superbowl ads.

My feelings exactly.

I remember the news reports from last year too. They interviewed folks who were fuming because they weren't being served in a timely manner. Umm, did the line that stretched all the way down the block not give you a clue as to what your wait time was likely to be?

I do remember reading an article that said the actual cost of the breakfast is so low, that if even a small percentage of folks who took advantage of the free breakfast eal ordered coffee and/or juice, Denny's would likely break even after paying for the ads.

I might not be remembering correctly, but I don't think they had as many spots last year as they did this year. They must have felt the promo was successful for them to run it again this year.

I understand the Dockers website had major problems almost immediately when their ad aired. I had no problem signing up, but we had the game on a delay. If it's a random giveaway I guess I have as good a chance as anyone, if the giveaway is by time of entry I'm sure I'm tough out of luck.

maggiew
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM
According to http://www.hubdub.com/m27364/How_many_people_will_watch_Superbowl_XLIII , 98.7 million people watched the Super Bowl last year. Even if only half of those people went to the website and signed up, and even if Dockers could make a pair of pants for $5 base cost, that would be over $246 million dollars worth of pants.

As it is, the official rules say they're giving away certificates for 2,990 pair which is the retail equivalent of $89,700. I think that's more than generous for a one-time ad promotion.

I agree that this is true. And it is very generous of them. However, the commercial did not imply that it was a chance for free pants. At least I didn't get that idea.

Maggie

mlaw
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Has anyone heard if they won. The confirmation email yesterday said we would hear today. I still haven't heard anything.

Bowen9475
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Haven't heard anything yet.

Thumper_Man
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM

If I remember correctly, they're also bringing back the free Grand Slam meal for your birthday. I think I'll wait til then.

Dockers worked for me. I tried a couple of different e-mail addresses. Didn't win any. :sad1:

Leajess99
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I have not heard either and the others in my family that were signed up have not heard.

KayW
02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I just found out I didn't win :(

DizMom11
02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I won free pair of mens dockers shipping included. They give you a code for checkout.

Congratulations

You've won a pair of men's Soft Khakis in Carmel from Dockers®!

To get your free pair on Dockers.com*, click here to select your size and use this code upon check out: ------------

Shipping is free, too – for your entire order!

If you have any questions, contact Prize Fulfillment Services by replying to this email. Be sure to keep the original subject line ordered yet

mrsmom
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I didn't win either.

glasslipper
02-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I won free pair of mens dockers shipping included. They give you a code for checkout.

Congratulations

You've won a pair of men's Soft Khakis in Carmel from Dockers®!

To get your free pair on Dockers.com*, click here to select your size and use this code upon check out: ------------

Shipping is free, too – for your entire order!

If you have any questions, contact Prize Fulfillment Services by replying to this email. Be sure to keep the original subject line ordered yet

When did you sign up? Before the game or after the commercial aired?

DizMom11
02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I filled out the form before the commercial and hit submit as soon as the commercial came on

Bowen9475
02-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Didn't win either -
We had a lot of difficulty getting the registration to go through :(

Shmily1
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I didn't get them either!

ashleyd725@hotmail.c
02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
OP here
I didnt win either... :sad2:
Bummer!
I think Disney should do an ad next year for a free trip to the first 2000 people could you imagine...
The internet would crash!
Lol a girl can dream right?!?

RangerPooh
02-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Nope didn't win.

mlaw
02-09-2010, 07:29 AM
We didn't win either.

Purseval
02-09-2010, 07:48 AM
It looks like they awarded certificates to the first few thousand to sign up then wasted the time of the millions who saw it later. I deleted my coupon.

solfan68
02-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I did it well after the fact. Got a coupon code, but no free pants. Seems like it should have been a random pull over say a 24 hour period, rather than the first X-thousand who managed to squeak in.

dreamalittledream
02-09-2010, 08:06 AM
I filled out the form before the commercial and hit submit as soon as the commercial came on

I did that too. I looked at the comercial on the website before the game to see what it looked like so I could hit send as soon as it started.

and we actually won a pair. I am so excited. DH really needed a new pair and I absolutely HATE shopping for pants for him. This way he will wear them if only to brag that he won them!

dizkids
02-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Took me good 20 mintues to get through during the superbowl but i was able to submit a chance for my email and DH.

First email from dockers said they are extending their contest and you can still try and win.

2nd email (both me and dh) said sorry you were not of the the first to enter.

Why would they extend it if you had to be of the first?

Oh well no winners here.

dreamalittledream
02-09-2010, 08:46 AM
they are dong a daily instant win, that may be what they extended.

Zookeeperof4
02-09-2010, 08:52 AM

That is a rip off..LOL
I to thought it was free pants..we all figured it was for the first so many who went to the website....I filled it out anyway. Who knows maybe I will get lucky.

Golf4food
02-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Not one of the first to register, they say.

Bull hockey, says I. I was on their site as soon as the commercial ended but thanks to their inept IT department and inability to host a functioning website it took 20 minutes to get the thing to accept my info and the security code, which wasn't working at first even once they got the site going.

Dockers can take their conciliatory 15% off coupon and shove it.

eyor44
02-11-2010, 07:20 AM
I went to the web site on Monday, Feb 8, filled out the entry form and it said I won. An email was sent with a code, I went back to the web site. Chose the size I wanted, entered the code and it came up as free, even free shipping. I received an email stating that my ordered had been received and then another email on Tuesday stating that my order had shipped. We'll see if I get them.

The web site said this promotion had been extended to the 15th I think. Those of you who tried on the 7th should try again. You never know and it doesn't hurt to try.

PS - the free pair is for one specific style and color. You only get to chose the size.

Leajess99
02-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Thank you for all who posted that they extended this. I just tried it and won.:banana:party: My ex will so like these and if he doesn't his dad will.

eyor44
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
FYI - I received the free pair of pants in the mail today. :cool1: So the promotion is real. Try, try again :thumbsup2