PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Kids ages for the clubs?

all4myboyngirl
02-07-2010, 05:15 PM
May have uncovered a snag that could be a real issue for us. We have two children that at the time we will cruise will be 11 and 9. According to the information on the disney website the Magic only has kids clubs that go up to age 10 and then a "new" tween club that starts at age 11. My probably could run into the fact that my then 11 year old does not want to be seperated from their sibling and would not be allowed to join in the activities for that age range. Has anyone else ran into this problem and what became of it? Disney agent that I spoke with stated that it should not be a problem for the 11 year old to go with the 9 year old but the information on the website would not allow me to register the 11 year old in that club and thus because this is a holiday cruise (halloween) would be very packed with kids already may not allow for the 11 year old to join.. What to do???:headache:

tjbaggott
02-07-2010, 05:47 PM
May have uncovered a snag that could be a real issue for us. We have two children that at the time we will cruise will be 11 and 9. According to the information on the disney website the Magic only has kids clubs that go up to age 10 and then a "new" tween club that starts at age 11. My probably could run into the fact that my then 11 year old does not want to be seperated from their sibling and would not be allowed to join in the activities for that age range. Has anyone else ran into this problem and what became of it? Disney agent that I spoke with stated that it should not be a problem for the 11 year old to go with the 9 year old but the information on the website would not allow me to register the 11 year old in that club and thus because this is a holiday cruise (halloween) would be very packed with kids already may not allow for the 11 year old to join.. What to do???:headache:

There won't be a problem, but you'll have to register him there at the port. Online, the computer recognizes his age and thus only gives one option to put him. Since you cruise isn't till halloween (you'll be sailing with us if you are on the Oct. 30th cruise), I don't think anyone can register their kids yet, it's too far in advance?

disney 2010
02-07-2010, 05:47 PM
DCL is very accommodating about this issue and has opened up age groupings completely in the kids clubs on the Wonder. My dd 9 wanted ds 13 to join her and they gave him a visitors pass no problem. I'm sure it will work out:)

PoohJen
02-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Hope it works out for you. I also hope your 11 yo will give Ocean Quest a time now and then - it was a huge hit with my 'tweens!:thumbsup2