PDA

View Full Version : Odds of changing late dining to early dining?

LMCmom25kids
02-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Never did a Disney cruise before.... going on April. Anyone know the odds of getting our late dining switched to early dining? Guess everyone wants early dining. Has this ever worked out for anyone out there? How would I go about doing this? Any info, please. Thanks.

CyndiandChris
02-07-2010, 04:53 PM
When you board the ship, just ask about changing and they'll direct you to one of the lounges where the dining head can help you. I couldn't get early dining last year, so I was wait-listed and as it turned out, they changed me to early dining after I decided late dining was better for us. I didn't have a problem changing back to late dining after we boarded. I initially thought late dining would be bad for the kids, but since neither kid ever wanted to eat with us, late dining worked out great. We didn't have to hurry through our day and after my daughter napped in the afternoon, we checked her back into the Oceaneer's Club (at her request) and they fed her with the early dining time. Our kids spent almost no time with us on the cruise because they didn't want to. We bored them.:rotfl:

scootch
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I just kept calling Disney Cruise Line directly.... hey told me three times, you are on the list, we can't guarantee you... but we did get moved up a few weeks before the cruise. We also wanted a different rotation when we checked in, so we went to Wavebands and they ended up changing it AND giving us our own table, which was nice.

disney minnie
02-07-2010, 06:01 PM
I was insistant on getting early dining for our 7 day cruise and then i regretted it after 2 days onboard. We have a 4 year old and a 10 year old and we felt like we were constantly running around to get ready for dinner. Our day was over at 4:30 becasue everyone had to have a shower and get dressed. The clincher to why we will never have early seating again was when we realized that we had to be back on the boat (from the port of call) a lot earlier than everyone else. Since cruises are for relaxing, the early dining did not fit our family.

ilovedale3
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
We were able to change our dining from late to early after we got onboard.

We went to Rockin' Bar D and we got it changed... no problems!

kcashner
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Not everyone wants or likes early (main) dinner.

To get it--call DCL and be waitlisted for early. Then after boarding (if your KTTW indicates you got late), go to "Dining Changes" usually in Rocking Bar D on the Magic/Wavebands on Wonder and ask to be moved to early. It usually happens.

Families without young children, those from the West coast, etc. frequently find that late seating works better for them.

HallsofVA
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
We've cleared the waitlist both times we were on it for early dining. Be sure to keep checking your reservation since they don't tell you or announce it or anything. Our December cruise we cleared the waitlist within 2 weeks of booking it at the 90 day mark, but we didn't realize it until much later.

The spring cruises are a little full, especially if you're on the Wonder since the Kids Free offer extended through April, so you may not clear it in advance, but try again once onboard.

smoof
02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
We requested early seating, and were put on the waiting list. When we got our cruise docs, it said we still had late. We figured we would give it one more try when we got on the ship, and when we went to change it, it had already been done.

jk8
02-08-2010, 06:32 PM
We were waitlisted and it did not come through. We went to Rockin'D bar aboard to try to change it. The head server tried to talk me out of switching saying we really would like late better and we had a really good table. I reluctantly said ok, but then in an our or so I got a call to our room saying there was another family that wanted to switch and they could put is with them. I agreed and was fine witht he table we were sat at and loved early seating. I think they really will try to work with you when you get on the ship if your waitlist does not come through.