PDA

View Full Version : Mex. Riviera, Late Jan, Cold???

mketting
02-07-2010, 03:00 PM
We are scheduled to do the Mexican Riviera Cruise next Jan. 23. I know the water will be cold because it is the pacific, not worried about that but will the weather be warm? We did Feb. 3 night Wonder cruise last year it was a little chilly, (First day on board the kids swam but not the adults and at night on deck was COLD) We don't want that again. Anyone have thoughts?

staffieri
02-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Yes it is cold at that time. I think it is cold to get into the water. I like in California and have been on the Mexico cruise. Try to go as late as you can if you want to enjoy the water.

allison k
02-07-2010, 11:01 PM
The averages for that part of Mexico are in the upper 70's to 80's. The water will likely be cold, the Pacific is always cold, even in the summer. My friends, who are going with us next year, are pilots who fly down to Mexico all of the time and they said that it's very nice down there at this time of year.

I'm not sure where your from, so it's all relative. If you're from a colder area, 70's-80's can be a heat wave. However, it will be cold at night, even if you travel into March.

JMHO

pppiglet
02-07-2010, 11:25 PM
It won't be cold in Mexico, but it more than likely will be cold the first day leaving San Pedro. (unless we are having an unusual heat wave). Bring a jacket, sweatshirt and jeans if you plan to be on deck at night at all.

justmestace
02-07-2010, 11:56 PM
We've cruised the MR in the summer, and I just went again this winter.
It's true that the first night going out is chilly...definitely a sweater or jacket and long pants. By the middle of the first day at sea, it starts to warm up, even enough to get in the pool, unless it's raining.

When we first got into the ocean, it was cold until we started to swim around, and then it really wasn't that bad. And believe me, I've lived in Arizona for over half my life now, and am a big baby about being too cold.
Sitting on the beach was wonderful!!!

And then, coming back, again that last day at sea was cooler, and the last night was chilly again.
It isn't as warm in January, of course, as it is in the summer, but it's still a whole lot better than the weather back home...even here in the Phoenix area.