PDA

View Full Version : What Happened - I want to go back!!!!

disney1990
02-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Just 3 weeks ago, we were on the Disney Wonder

January 2010

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/1990disney/DSC00014.jpg

And now look

February 2010

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/1990disney/DSC00015.jpg

Andrew DEREK UK
02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Just 3 weeks ago, we were on the Disney Wonder

January 2010

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/1990disney/DSC00014.jpg

And now look

February 2010

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s182/1990disney/DSC00015.jpg

Global ''Warming'' is happening....

SNicksed
02-07-2010, 01:13 PM
:scared1: OMG! Wow! That's a lot of snow. I'm in upstate NY and currently have zero inches of snow on the ground. Got a snow blower for xmas and have had no need to use it yet! (knocks on wood)

hgon76
02-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I feel your pain:guilty:! 3 weeks ago I was on the Magic and now my outside temp is 30 degrees. And that's a warm day compared to what we've had!

~Piglet~
02-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Brrr - what a change in temperature that must have been :goodvibes

We've just had the best (or worse?!) snow in years over in the UK, it was nice for a few days but after that we just wanted it to melt and go away :laughing:

inkkognito
02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Arghhhhh! You poor thing! That is exactly why I moved to FL. Just couldn't talk all that cold, soggy white stuff anymore.

skyman8963
02-07-2010, 02:16 PM
know what you mean, we got 15 inches the last couple of days

Beezymouse
02-07-2010, 02:30 PM
We've just had the best (or worse?!) snow in years over in the UK, it was nice for a few days but after that we just wanted it to melt and go away :laughing:

You're so right it was nice for the first week but after about 4 weeks I got fed up of it. :) Although everything looked really pretty. Roll on the summer.

PegIra
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
We are in the middle of the snow now too, got about 24 inches at least. Can't wait for Castaway Cay.

Peg

clawmachine
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
We are also in MD, between Baltimore and D.C. and we just got dumped with about 30-35"!! I don't mind it but will be freaking out if it comes again next January and we can't get to our DCL cruise! The airport here has been closed for a couple of days...

cph706
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
We live in Annapolis & got 28 inches. Our driveway is a sloped 160 feet and as I spent a total of 6+ hours outside shovelling yesterday, I told my DH, "The only thing keeping me going is the thought of our DCL cruise in March".

HallsofVA
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm right there with you! Final snow count around here was 32", with more coming tuesday/wednesday! DH and I can no longer see above the snow piles from where we cleared the driveway.

Less than a month ago we were on the Wonder with you (I think!). Less than 2 months ago we were on the Magic in the much warmer Western Caribbean (or heading there at least). Less than 2 hours ago I finally finished shovelling our driveway in 29 degree weather.

cph706
02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
We are also in MD, between Baltimore and D.C. and we just got dumped with about 30-35"!! I don't mind it but will be freaking out if it comes again next January and we can't get to our DCL cruise! The airport here has been closed for a couple of days...

Clawmachine, I was thinking the same thing! Though I checked my airlines website and if inclement weather is predicted, they will let you get an earlier flight, if available.

Iuliano4
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
we leave on The Wonder this Thursday and we have 24 inches of snow. we are taking the auto train down to Florida on Tuesday. GET ME OF HERE

cay2420
02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
we leave on The Wonder this Thursday and we have 24 inches of snow. we are taking the auto train down to Florida on Tuesday. GET ME OF HERE

Hopefully the trains are moving by then. I live in Fredericksburg, VA and the Auto Train runs right behind our house. There are two trains on the track right now and have been stopped there for over 24 hours.

Good Luck!

snusnu
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Global ''Warming'' is happening....

It sure is, it's 60 degrees here in Seattle!

croppincolburn
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I've been wishing I was on my cruise today. We have light snow. Not sticking to the roads anymore. On the way to church this morning we saw a few cars that has slid off the road. It is just so gloomy right now. Just a couple hours ago my friend asked if I missed the ocean (live in San Diego 37 years). Wish I were at Castaway Cay right now. <sigh>

dsneygirl
02-07-2010, 05:38 PM
:scared1: OMG! Wow! That's a lot of snow. I'm in upstate NY and currently have zero inches of snow on the ground. Got a snow blower for xmas and have had no need to use it yet! (knocks on wood)

Here in Southern Ontario we have 0 snow. I have only shoveled 3 times all winter. I can't believe how they are getting hammered down there.

Dizzyworld
02-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Another person here digging out in Maryland. Hope to out tomorrow to get more things in the house for the next storm on Tues./Wed. :scared1: I have teenagers. They eat a lot. Then we will spend our time making our blankets for Project Linus for our GAD project and planning our summer trip to WDW of course. Brrr.......Saty safe everyone.

disney 2010
02-07-2010, 06:58 PM
We returned from our cruise at the end of Jan:) We also have lots of snow,blizzard conditions last week and COLD temps.
I've decide to cope by figuring our how to squeeze in another cruise in 2011:rotfl2:
Come on good deals. Kids sale free could cinch the deal:yay:
I have also developed a terrible addiction the the dis boards:laughing:I just cant stop!!!!

clawmachine
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Clawmachine, I was thinking the same thing! Though I checked my airlines website and if inclement weather is predicted, they will let you get an earlier flight, if available.

that's great to know! At least with this storm we did kind of get a decent amount of warning. We'll all cross our fingers for each other. You know the weather is so weird around here, we've certainly had Januarys in the past where you could practically go out in shorts, too!

I'll never ever forget February of 2003. We had just gotten the call that we could fly to adopt our first child! Thank goodness we got out just in time. We returned to piles and piles of snow but all we cared about was that we had our son. Had we been delayed getting there it would have been the hardest wait of my life!

clawmachine
02-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey Dizzyworld! You are so close to me.. I grew up in Parkville/Perry Hall but live in Howard Co. now. Pass through Towson all the time. Good luck digging out! :)

pppiglet
02-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Thank goodness we don't get snow here. Had lots of rain last week, but today was nice and sunny! I don't know how you all can live in that stuff!

myelton01
02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
We only have a couple inches here in Indiana where I am, but it drifted BAD. Supposed to have more on the way on Tuesday though. :( Will this cursed winter never end? lol

Dizzyworld
02-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Hey Dizzyworld! You are so close to me.. I grew up in Parkville/Perry Hall but live in Howard Co. now. Pass through Towson all the time. Good luck digging out! :)

Small World.
On one of our last cruises at our DIS meet, my son said he went to school with a girl there. I knew the family lived in Harford Co. What I didn't know was that it was a blended family and the girl spent time with the other parent in or neighborhood. It was a fun cruise for the kids.

Looks like we have about 48 hours before we dig out again. Oh well.

3DAN
02-08-2010, 04:45 AM
We have 8 inches on the ground, four inches on the way, BUT,,,,,,,
THE COLDEST BREES IS COMING FROM MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!
Tee Hee:rolleyes1:confused3:rolleyes1
(double entendre) Is this guy El Nino or what?
Bill

ruadisneyfan2
02-08-2010, 06:26 AM
We live in Annapolis & got 28 inches. Our driveway is a sloped 160 feet and as I spent a total of 6+ hours outside shovelling yesterday, I told my DH, "The only thing keeping me going is the thought of our DCL cruise in March".

Exactly!! Me too! We got 28" and dh works for our county so he worked from 7 am Sat to 1 pm Sunday w/ 4 hrs sleep in an office chair. That left me to dig out alone at home. Thank God for snow blowers. I did our property and both neighbors.

I kept thinking in 6 weeks and so many days, I'll be digging my toes in the sand at CC. I feel like a donkey with a carrot dangling in front of me. :laughing: