PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa onboard credit

james'mommy
02-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I read on Mousesavers that if you book with a disney visa that you get a $50 credit. Anyone know if this is still true? DH did the booking online and only got a $25 credit. Thanks.

samily
02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I believe the 50.00 OBC is still valid; however, I think that you only get it once you have paid in full on your Disney Visa and if I remember correctly, we also had to call Disney to tell them we had paid the entire balance with the Visa and then they applied the OBC.

mickeyfan1
02-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I had to apply the OBC Code to get the credit added to my booking. I got the on line and the DV OBC. My T/A advised me that it will not show up until I get my final docs. My PIF is next week, it seems so long from PIF to docs, but I will be patient.

sayhello
02-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I believe the 50.00 OBC is still valid; however, I think that you only get it once you have paid in full on your Disney Visa and if I remember correctly, we also had to call Disney to tell them we had paid the entire balance with the Visa and then they applied the OBC.This is what I had to do last month to get the DV $50 OBC.

The $25 OBC will show on your reservation online, but the $50 probably won't. You can call DCL and verify that it's on your account.

Sayhello

Princess April
02-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Do you still get this if you take advantage of the Kids Sail Free?? I thought I read somewhere that if you did this promo no other promo's applied... is this true???

DMRick
02-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I am supposed to be getting $25 for booking on line, $50 from the TA, and $50 from Disney Visa, which is what we used to pay in full.

lbuher
02-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Do you still get this if you take advantage of the Kids Sail Free?? I thought I read somewhere that if you did this promo no other promo's applied... is this true???

That is my understanding. We were able to get the $25 OBC from our travel agent, but with using the Kids Sail Free promotion, we could not qualify for any other OBC from Disney - not the online booking, not the Disney Visa, nothing. But that's OK - the Kids Sail Free was MORE than worth losing those OBCs!!

james'mommy
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I am supposed to be getting $25 for booking on line, $50 from the TA, and $50 from Disney Visa, which is what we used to pay in full.

Can I get the $25 credit for booking online and the $50 disney visa credit together? That would rock.

sayhello
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Can I get the $25 credit for booking online and the $50 disney visa credit together? That would rock.Yes you can. I did! You just have to pay for the whole thing with your Disney Visa, then call DCL, and they will add the OBC to your ressie.

Sayhello

iambrink
02-07-2010, 06:47 PM
FYI
I was booking a cruise on the Dream for 2011 and the credit did not apply for sailings next year. I was told by the agent that if it was extended to 2011 and i used the card to pay for my cruise for 2011, the credit would be applied at that time.

Princess April
02-07-2010, 07:02 PM
That is my understanding. We were able to get the $25 OBC from our travel agent, but with using the Kids Sail Free promotion, we could not qualify for any other OBC from Disney - not the online booking, not the Disney Visa, nothing. But that's OK - the Kids Sail Free was MORE than worth losing those OBCs!!

Well, we did get the $25 OBC for booking online.... I was hoping against all hope that we would get more, but like you said, KSF... not that shabby! :woohoo: