PDA

View Full Version : Smoke odor ?

LMCmom25kids
02-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Anyone have any personal experience with having to deal with the odor of smoke while out on their own verandahs? Just wondering as we know this is probably a real possibility as we heard smoking is allowed out on verandahs. Didn't really consider this when we booked 2 connecting verandah rooms! Uuugghh! Oh well, we will still have a great time! I will be considerate of any smokers..... by not saying anything.... but I hope they would also be considerate by not lighting up one after another, after another, after another..... Hint... hint.... We ALL want to enjoy our cool and PRICEY verandahs. LOL

biggdawg67
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
we have done 5 cruise's so far and all with veranda's and have never had any issuse's with smoke from smokers....gotta take into concideration that while the ship is moving, sea breeze's and the dividers between veranda's the smoke doent hang around realy at all...have a great time...:woohoo:

and not all people who book verandas smoke.. like me just spoiled from the first cruise with a veranda

disneyhand
02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Yes, we dealt with smokers near us on both of our cruises. It was never from next door, but from below us or a couple rooms down. But, it was tolerable or I just went inside. I wouldn't give up my veranda because of it.

LMCmom25kids
02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.... I will keep my fingers crossed. I do feel a bit better about what one person said about the odor not really lingering. I sure hope not. The stench just makes me soooo nautious! I won't dwell on this by any means.... I will just make the best of it. Happy Cruising to all, and to all, a "smoke free" verandah night! LOL :cutie:

DVCconvert
02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
.... I will keep my fingers crossed.....The stench just makes me soooo nautious! I won't dwell on this by any means....

Just wait until you smell the fumes from the ship's smoke stacks! Or the exhaust from all the buses and cars dropping folks off at the terminal!!
;)

tea for girls
02-06-2010, 09:55 PM
We were one of the unfortunate few whose neighbor smoked almost the entire 3 day cruise. We were so busy during that trip that we didn't use our balcony much, but it was frustrating when we did try to use it. (We have allergies to smoke and were unable to tolerate it for long.) We decided that we wouldn't pay for a verandah in the future due to the chance of this happening again.

lucky1
02-06-2010, 10:59 PM
While our verandah was lovely and enjoyed getting up early and sitting outside, we could not use it while our neighbors were out smoking. But the smoke smell only lingered while they smoked, so at least it wasn't bad all the time.
I am one that will not pay for a verandah in the future, (probably would take one as a free upgrade ;) though) until the go with smoking only on one side of the ship on private verandah's.

Dizzyworld
02-07-2010, 12:43 AM
We tried twice and both times there was stinky cigar smoke that made our verandah unuseable for us. Both times we were midship. The second time the smell came into our room. They couldn't move us but gave us an air filter machine. I think we are jinx. We would like to try again for a verandah but we don't want to go through that again. It is sad to spend that extra money and not get to use it. I wish they would ban cigar smoking on ships. Even the kids talk me out of giving it another go saying we aren't in the room much anyway.

We thought it was a good idea for the first cruise because the children were 6 and 8. We thought if either got sick or needed a nap, we could at least get outside. Now that they are older, that itsn't an issue anymore.

sumeto
02-07-2010, 12:57 AM
We tried twice and both times there was stinky cigar smoke that made our verandah unuseable for us. Both times we were midship. The second time the smell came into our room. They couldn't move us but gave us an air filter machine. I think we are jinx. We would like to try again for a verandah but we don't want to go through that again. It is sad to spend that extra money and not get to use it. I wish they would ban cigar smoking on ships. Even the kids talk me out of giving it another go saying we aren't in the room much anyway.

We thought it was a good idea for the first cruise because the children were 6 and 8. We thought if either got sick or needed a nap, we could at least get outside. Now that they are older, that itsn't an issue anymore.

Wow, it sounds like you were with us! We also had the people next door smoking pot. Even our clothes smelled like cigs, and cigars. My son and I were sick for two months after. We are going to try the other side of the ship this time! ;)

inkkognito
02-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Absolutely the luck of the draw. Sometimes we've never had anyone smoker next door and other times we've had chain smokers and even cigar or pipe smokers. It can also be a problem even if the smokers are a couple of doors down if they stand up at the rail while smoking.

Choose a room like 5622 that only has a verandah on one side to reduce the chances of having a smoker by 50 percent.

Andrew DEREK UK
02-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Anyone have any personal experience with having to deal with the odor of smoke while out on their own verandahs? Just wondering as we know this is probably a real possibility as we heard smoking is allowed out on verandahs. Didn't really consider this when we booked 2 connecting verandah rooms! Uuugghh! Oh well, we will still have a great time! I will be considerate of any smokers..... by not saying anything.... but I hope they would also be considerate by not lighting up one after another, after another, after another..... Hint... hint.... We ALL want to enjoy our cool and PRICEY verandahs. LOL

Six cruises; Six DCL verandahs, never an issue, people have smoked next door, but were very considerate, I have Asthma, so cant have smoke near me.

There is a notice on each verandah, saying please respect the people on the adjoining verandahs, and consider smoking only on the open deck.

LMCmom25kids
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I sure wish Disney would just get with it..... am I really the only one that thinks it would be MORE than fair just to designate say one side of the ship as being the "smoking veradahs" and the other side of the ship designated "NON smoking verandahs.??? Seems like common sense to me. However, I'm sure someone will chime in with a flaw in this idea. I give up.... after reading all the posts now, I feel as if I can't win. I guess the smokers win AGAIN! :scared: Uuugghh! All I can do now is PRAY!!!!!!!!

Andrew DEREK UK
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I sure wish Disney would just get with it..... am I really the only one that thinks it would be MORE than fair just to designate say one side of the ship as being the "smoking veradahs" and the other side of the ship designated "NON smoking verandahs.??? Seems like common sense to me. However, I'm sure someone will chime in with a flaw in this idea. I give up.... after reading all the posts now, I feel as if I can't win. I guess the smokers win AGAIN! :scared: Uuugghh! All I can do now is PRAY!!!!!!!!

Apart from the Port and Starboard lovers, it would be a great idea, I think there should be, a rule like this to be fair to everyone, as then smokers can feel free to smoke and Non Smokers, would be pleased.

I have posted the same idea as yours many times, another version was, all the aft rooms but then that effects people using the rooms designated for people with disabilities.

momofsamandeden
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
We were on a Princess cruise the Ruby Princess that did the port starboard idea. It was lovely because we were on our balcony smoke free while our friends who are smokers were across the hall smoking it up. The only draw back I see to that on Disney is the ton of connecting staterooms on the Dream. Some people would be stuck in the smoking side for the convenience of having all of their children next to them

LMCmom25kids
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
We were on a Princess cruise the Ruby Princess that did the port starboard idea. It was lovely because we were on our balcony smoke free while our friends who are smokers were across the hall smoking it up. The only draw back I see to that on Disney is the ton of connecting staterooms on the Dream. Some people would be stuck in the smoking side for the convenience of having all of their children next to them

Not sure if I understand this correctly. Do you mean that the Dream will only have connecting staterooms on only one side of the ship? Sorry if I have this all wrong. I just wish it could be a non smoking ship. Period!

tvguy
02-07-2010, 04:27 PM

Except you would get folks complaining about the smoke drifting from one side to the other. I work with someone who admits she is allergic to everything....smoke, perfume, flowers, paint fumes. I don't doubt she has a reaction, but some of it is in her head. They announced they were going to do some painting on a certain day, and she went home sick because of the fumes. Unfortunately, management put off the painting 3 weeks, because she was going to be vacation that week, so there were no fumes, but she got sick just the same.:confused3

momofsamandeden
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Not sure if I understand this correctly. Do you mean that the Dream will only have connecting staterooms on only one side of the ship? Sorry if I have this all wrong. I just wish it could be a non smoking ship. Period!

What I mean is that there are a number of connecting staterooms on the ship that families of five or more are excited about. That being said they are on both sides of the ship so I am sure that non smoking families would end up on a smoking side of the ship because they need that available connecting option.
I wish they could be smoke free also but Carnival tried that with the Carnival Paradise years ago and it flopped big time.

myelton01
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM

GRRRRRR. Not every smoker is rude and just because we smoke does not mean that we shouldn't be allowed to sail. Not everyone is perfect. Yes I smoke, no I don't smoke inside and I consider balcony rooms to be "inside" because I could have neighbors who don't smoke. Saying a ship should be "a non smoking ship. Period!" is unfair to those of us that smoke and attempt to be respectful about it.

Sorry if I upset anyone, but just because you choose not to smoke does not make it fair to "punish" those of us that choose to smoke.

inkkognito
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Designating one side of the ship as smoking and one as non in terms of verandahs would never work because only 25 percent of the population smokes and that would take up 50 percent of the verandahs. Most non-smokers are not going to book a room on the smoking side when non is full. I remember the old days when smoking was still allowed in IL restaurants and the greeters would beg non-smokers to sit in smoking, where there were plenty of empty tables, but the majority would refuse and wait (sometimes up to an hour) for a table in non or simply choose to walk. DCL is not going to institute a policy that could cost them business. The WDW restaurants have been non-smoking for as long as I can remember, long before FL banned all eatery smoking...Mickey is too smart to lose money like those other restaurants. Smokers can step outside to smoke at an eatery but non-smokers cannot hold their breath for an entire meal.

LMCmom25kids
02-07-2010, 05:39 PM
GRRRRRR. Not every smoker is rude and just because we smoke does not mean that we shouldn't be allowed to sail. Not everyone is perfect. Yes I smoke, no I don't smoke inside and I consider balcony rooms to be "inside" because I could have neighbors who don't smoke. Saying a ship should be "a non smoking ship. Period!" is unfair to those of us that smoke and attempt to be respectful about it.

Sorry if I upset anyone, but just because you choose not to smoke does not make it fair to "punish" those of us that choose to smoke.

I was only stating MY opinion and wishes. Just for the record.... I do appreciate repectful smokers such as yourself.... it's the ones that are DISRESPECTFUL that I get annoyed with. I also just hate to see cig butts thrown down on the ground all over the place.... don't know why some people don't think this counts as littering. Amazing. Thanks for being a respectful smoker though.:cutie: I'm sure others appreciate this as well. Now lets get on with the fun of planning and learning about the great fun of cruising! :lovestruc

DVCconvert
02-07-2010, 08:21 PM
LMCmom25kids said:

Now THIS is a good example of why threads like this get (and should be) closed! ;)

myelton01
02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Now THIS is a good example of why threads like this get (and should be) closed! ;)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

jilljill
02-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Treat your fellow posters with respect. We all have our own opinions and all opinions are welcome as long as they are posted in a respectful manner. It is also helpful to read an entire thread before posting. What might have been a heated discussion on the first couple of pages might have been resolved later on and just posting to the original post just frustrates the other posters. Remember that what is right for one poster and their situation might not be right for others.

Stay on topic. Often as part of the cruise planning experience you might have questions on other things like WDW, transportation, or photography. There are separate boards set up on the DIS for all those topics and you will get your best answers on those boards. At times a post may be moved from the cruise forums to one of these other boards with a redirect so that you can find your post.

4. NO FIGHTING/SARCASM: While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction

tinkerone
02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Absolutely the luck of the draw. Sometimes we've never had anyone smoker next door and other times we've had chain smokers and even cigar or pipe smokers. It can also be a problem even if the smokers are a couple of doors down if they stand up at the rail while smoking.

Choose a room like 5622 that only has a verandah on one side to reduce the chances of having a smoker by 50 percent.

hey, thats my room! don't be telling people about it.....:rotfl:
i just booked it on the dream to.

tvguy
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
LMCmom25kids said:

I disagree.....or should I say, I hope the Moderators have the common sense to realize this is a very real issue for cruisers on Disney that should not be closed. The number of views this post has gotten in the past 24 hours should be evidence of that.
Smokers have a right to smoke on board....non-smokers have an equal right not to be exposed to smoke on board. What both sides have to realize is their "right" ends the second it imposes on the other's right.
I hope those on both sides of the issue will read a thread like this and come away with a better understanding of the others views and rights.

justmestace
02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Except you would get folks complaining about the smoke drifting from one side to the other. I work with someone who admits she is allergic to everything....smoke, perfume, flowers, paint fumes. I don't doubt she has a reaction, but some of it is in her head. They announced they were going to do some painting on a certain day, and she went home sick because of the fumes. Unfortunately, management put off the painting 3 weeks, because she was going to be vacation that week, so there were no fumes, but she got sick just the same.:confused3

I wonder if your co-worker knows that it is physically impossible to be ALLERGIC to cigarette smoke?? Cigarette smoke is an IRRITANT, but not an ALLERGEN.
That said, people who have allergies can be irritated by it to the point of becoming very sick...so what it really is can be neither here nor there. But it's irritating to hear people say "allergic" when it's impossible. Semantics, I guess.

justmestace
02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
I guess the biggest problem is, where do you draw the line?

Smoke is a real problem for a lot of people.
But so are body odor, too much perfume, and stinky diapers.

Should DCL hire a professional "sniffer" to ride the elevators and kick off someone with too much perfume, or b.o., or the baby who needed a diaper 15 minutes ago?????

I think most smokers are very aware of how people (non-smokers) feel about them, and are very careful to make sure that they're in a designated area, and that while on their balconies, there isn't someone next door who has to smell the smoke....but quite honestly, they probably got that balcony for the very reason that it IS allowed out there, and they have a right to sit out there all day if they want to.
What if....the non-smoker next door wants to sit out there all day and read a book? Would that mean that the smoker, being ever thoughtful, should not be allowed to use his/her verandah to have a cigarette all day?

There's really no way to make it right for everyone.

But please, please....stop making it sound like smokers are all evil. They're probably very nice people.

justmestace
02-07-2010, 11:13 PM

And you don't see smokers attacking other people who have bad habits, the way you see non-smokers do it. They may be wonderful because they never smoked, but they sure are nasty sometimes.

I smoke, too....and I always try to choose a balcony room that's on the end of either a ship, or a hotel, or on the highest floor....so that I WON'T bother anyone. I rarely even smoke in the public designated areas, because I don't even want to bother someone just walking by.
The world has come to that for those of us (who really wish we'd never started) who smoke. I just wish the people who don't smoke would be half as respectful as we are.

myelton01
02-08-2010, 12:15 AM
And you don't see smokers attacking other people who have bad habits, the way you see non-smokers do it. They may be wonderful because they never smoked, but they sure are nasty sometimes.

I couldn't agree more! I'm not an evil person. Yes I smoke. But in the same token, I don't do it just to annoy people. I don't think that non-smokers can ever truly understand what the smokers go through, most places in the USA are banning smoking in public places and that really doesn't bother me, but how would they like it if they were told that they couldn't enjoy a beer with their dinner because there are people in that restaurant that don't drink? I'm not saying that they shouldn't ban smoking in restaurants because I myself don't want to go sit and eat while someone blows smoke and ashes all over my food. To me, it is the same principal. It is still a choice to smoke or not and cruise lines have to keep the money coming in and making a ship non-smoking all over wouldn't work as tvguy said.

I smoke, too....and I always try to choose a balcony room that's on the end of either a ship, or a hotel, or on the highest floor....so that I WON'T bother anyone. I rarely even smoke in the public designated areas, because I don't even want to bother someone just walking by.
The world has come to that for those of us (who really wish we'd never started) who smoke. I just wish the people who don't smoke would be half as respectful as we are.

I'm one of the ones that wishes I had never started. I'm currently trying to quit. A non-smoker has no idea how hard it is to quit honestly. It's the hardest thing I have ever tried to do in my life. I have never had a balcony room and so that is why we use the public areas, but DH and I have just always went outside to smoke so that our room doesn't smell for the next people to use it. Not every smoker is rude and insensitive to the people around us or the environment. Yes, just like every group of people, a small few ruin the rep for the rest of us. I just wish that because we made the choice to smoke, be it a good or bad choice, people wouldn't judge us. They wouldn't like to be judged as you say for wearing too much perfume or not enough deodorant. If you get a room by a smoker, I'm sorry. DCL allows smoking on balconies. If it bothers you that much then there are other alternatives. There are just way fewer alternatives for smokers, respectful or not. Choose to believe this or not, but smokers are not "out to get" the non-smokers. Non-smokers made a choice not to smoke and far be it for me to tell you that your choice was wrong or should be punished, but on the same coin, I made a choice and I should not be punished either.

Sorry I'm not as good at expressing my thoughts out there as justmestace, but they made a lot of good points, thank you!

bavaria
02-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Sorry I'm not as good at expressing my thoughts out there as justmestace, but they made a lot of good points, thank you!

I think that you are doing just fine.

As with many topics here, when it comes to the smoking debate I often see people demanding respect from others that they are unwilling to give themselves.

So long as smokers are smoking in the designated smoking areas, I don't see any wrong here.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 12:41 AM
I think that you are doing just fine.

As with many topics here, when it comes to the smoking debate I often see people demanding respect from others that they are unwilling to give themselves.

So long as smokers are smoking in the designated smoking areas, I don't see any wrong here.

LOVE your Mark Twain quote! :thumbsup2

Tondakea
02-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Yes, we dealt with smokers near us on both of our cruises. It was never from next door, but from below us or a couple rooms down. But, it was tolerable or I just went inside. I wouldn't give up my veranda because of it.

Ditto. Some idiot smoking a cigar next door. Did not push the issue. He has the right, so we simply went inside and closed the door until he finished.

(ps - we were in one of those verandah's with steel all around .. very closed in. Actually prefer it to a regular verandah for privacy, but smoke did linger. Suggest folks really upset by smoking get a regular verandah)

justmestace
02-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Ditto. Some idiot smoking a cigar next door. Did not push the issue. He has the right, so we simply went inside and closed the door until he finished.

(ps - we were in one of those verandah's with steel all around .. very closed in. Actually prefer it to a regular verandah for privacy, but smoke did linger. Suggest folks really upset by smoking get a regular verandah)

See....this is what I don't understand....why was he an idiot? Just because he does something that you don't, it doesn't make him an idiot.

I don't happen to like the Navigator's Verandahs...the ones "with steel all around", but I don't think you're an idiot because you DO like them.
:confused3:confused3
This is exactly what some of us were talking about...the respect part.
Smokers respect that there are now designated areas to smoke in...we respect the fact that other people don't want to breathe it in. Can't non-smokers at least give us a little credit for that, and be grateful, and respectful????

Subi WRX
02-08-2010, 03:22 AM
See....this is what I don't understand....why was he an idiot? Just because he does something that you don't, it doesn't make him an idiot.

I don't happen to like the Navigator's Verandahs...the ones "with steel all around", but I don't think you're an idiot because you DO like them.
Smokers respect that there are now designated areas to smoke in...we respect the fact that other people don't want to breathe it in. Can't non-smokers at least give us a little credit for that, and be grateful, and respectful????

Right on.

I used to smoke (quit after 22 years by the grace of Chantix, BTW, and have been smoke free for 2 years now). My wife and I always book verandah cabins, both before I quit smoking and after. When I did smoke, I would have a cigarette or two on the verandah when I got up around 10am. One or two before dinner (late seating), and one or two before I went to bed (around 1-2am).

I thought I was there smoking during off-times when most folks would be out and about or sleeping. Nonetheless, there were some occassions where I'd "overhear" some neighbor somewhere (not necessarily next door) with an exaggerated coughing fit, usually coupled with a loud complaint to a spouse "SOMEONE IS SMOKING AGAIN." or "That smoke stinks!" I used to finish up more quickly than I intended and go inside to stop bothering anyone. Then, I decided if they can't be polite and address me directly, they would have peace enough when I was finished.

Courtesy, of course, works both ways.

abdmom
02-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Cigarette smoke contains both nickel and vinyl chloride which are definitely allergens. There are about 4000 other chemicals too. What may be an irritant to one person may be an allergen to another.

DMMarla07860
02-08-2010, 08:07 AM

I don't smoke, but I agree with what you said here. My some of my friends I've known smoke when I was with them. Do I find them idiots because they smoke and I don't, not at all. I give everyone the same respect smokers or non-smokers

Eeyore'sthebest
02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
And for those that are severely allergic, why not try to get a stateroom in the front of the ship. This is similar logic to putting smokers in the back. DH is disabled and his only vice is smoking. Good thing we are in the back of the boat and it all blows out to sea. :thumbsup2
And he is one of those considerate smokers. Only place on Deck 9 he will smoke is by the adult pool. Even though he can smoke by the Goofy pool he believes there are too many kids there.
Really, there are more considerate smokers than inconsiderate. It just takes one or two bad apples to sour everyone.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Cigarette smoke contains both nickel and vinyl chloride which are definitely allergens. There are about 4000 other chemicals too. What may be an irritant to one person may be an allergen to another.

Vinyl chloride is a chemical intermediate, not a final product. Due to the hazardous nature of vinyl chloride to human health there are no end products that use vinyl chloride in its monomer form. Polyvinyl chloride is very stable, storable, and less acutely hazardous than the monomer.
Vinyl chloride liquid is fed to polymerization reactors where it is converted from a monomer to a polymer PVC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_chloride). The final product of the polymerization process is PVC in either a flake or pellet form. Literally, tens of billions of pounds of PVC are sold on the global market each year. From its flake or pellet form PVC is sold to companies that heat and mold the PVC into end products such as PVC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_chloride) pipe and bottles.
Until 1974, vinyl chloride was used in aerosol spray propellant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosol_spray#Propellant). Prior to the removal of vinyl chloride from hair spray the accumulation of vinyl chloride vapor in hair salons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_salon) may have exceeded the NOAEL (No Observable Adverse Effect Level) exposure guidelines.
Vinyl chloride was briefly used as an inhalational anaesthetic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhalational_anaesthetic), in a similar vein to ethyl chloride (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroethane), though its toxicity forced this practice to be abandoned.

Nickel in a solid form causes CONTACT DERMATITIS, but in the minute quantities found in cigarettes, is mostly burned up, but can cause irritation, but is not an allergen.

glnrcker
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
:snooty:

I - I am grateful that there are less and less places where you can smoke

D - Disgusting how you throw your used butts everywhere

I - I give you credit for lung cancer and emphysema

O - Outraged when I see a parent smoking near their child

T - Taking breaks every 15 minutes to get a fix

S - Stench given off by a smoker when they get right next to you

Sorry but it's hard to respect a smoker, when it's something they've chosen to expose themselves (and others) to, which is hazardous to your health, no matter how you try to justify it.

tinkerone
02-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Right on.

I used to smoke (quit after 22 years by the grace of Chantix, BTW, and have been smoke free for 2 years now). My wife and I always book verandah cabins, both before I quit smoking and after. When I did smoke, I would have a cigarette or two on the verandah when I got up around 10am. One or two before dinner (late seating), and one or two before I went to bed (around 1-2am).

I thought I was there smoking during off-times when most folks would be out and about or sleeping. Nonetheless, there were some occassions where I'd "overhear" some neighbor somewhere (not necessarily next door) with an exaggerated coughing fit, usually coupled with a loud complaint to a spouse "SOMEONE IS SMOKING AGAIN." or "That smoke stinks!" I used to finish up more quickly than I intended and go inside to stop bothering anyone. Then, I decided if they can't be polite and address me directly, they would have peace enough when I was finished.

Courtesy, of course, works both ways.

i quite agree with this. i often find that its the non smokers who are rude, not the smokers. that being said, i think we all need to just get along. lets respect each other enough to give each person their time. we all pay the same, and know what is what going in. :hippie:

tinkerone
02-08-2010, 02:04 PM

Sorry but it's hard to respect a smoker, when it's something they've chosen to expose themselves (and others) to, which is hazardous to your health, no matter how you try to justify it.

its okay, with that attitude i doubt many smokers respect you either. its all good! :rolleyes1

justmestace
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM

On the ship, I have never seen a cigarette butt on the floor. I've seen TONS and tons of napkins, french fries, you-name-it...but not a cigarette. I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen adults and kids drop things on the ground and not bother to pick it up. We had people on the balcony above us eating grapes as we pulled into port one day, and half of their grapes were dropping onto our balcony below.....
Face it....when people are anywhere other than their own homes, where they have to pick up their own messes, (a lot of) people just don't care. They figure that there is "hired help" to come along behind them to pick up...or that they're on vacation and don't have to.

Someone taking a cigarette break or giving themselves disease is not your concern. You're wasting far too much of your own precious time watching these people and worrying about them.

Cigarette stench? Like was said before....the stench of a dirty diaper, too much perfume, body odor, farting in public.....equally disgusting, but why doesn't anyone "police" those offenders???

There was only ONE perfect person, and I'm pretty sure you aren't Him. Please don't throw stones.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
its okay, with that attitude i doubt many smokers respect you either. its all good! :rolleyes1

You said it better than I did. :worship::worship::worship:

justmestace
02-08-2010, 02:16 PM
These threads always end up the same. I really do try to not even read them, and then I do something stupid, like read it and feel the need to reply.

No one is ever going to "win" this discussion.

The fact is, smoking IS allowed on the verandahs and in certain places. If that doesn't fit in to your vacation plans, then don't get a verandah and don't walk through the smoking areas.
Like it or not, smokers are still human, and still have RIGHTS. It IS our right to smoke where it's allowed.
And non-smokers have the right to NOT GO THERE.

If someone is so worried about smoking, thongs, and who-knows-what else, then they should consider a private vacation where they don't have to interact with other people.

bavaria
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
If someone is so worried about smoking, thongs, and who-knows-what else, then they should consider a private vacation where they don't have to interact with other people.
I have been fortunate to travel much of the world, often in situations which were outside my personal comfort. But I am also fortunate to have been able to learn from those experiences, and to realise that my way is not always the best way, nor is it the only way of doing things.

I have always thought that travel was a broadening experience, because it allows us to see how others do things. If however we are not open to learning from others, or at least respecting others, then that learning opportunity is lost.

There are very few places we can go in life without experiencing differences, but I agree, if one is going to be so bothered or judgemental about those differences, then maybe one needs to find somewhere else to vacation.

tinkerone
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
These threads always end up the same. I really do try to not even read them, and then I do something stupid, like read it and feel the need to reply..

OMG, YOUR MY TWIN! i so try and avoid these threads, just know that someones ignorance is going to come through, but, like a train wreck, i just HAVE to go in and read a bit.....then of course i have to reply. its like the tipping threads. everyone has an option and you and i need to know it.
well, lets just all agree that we all have rights. i'll respect yours if you respect mine. if you don't, hey, i can blow smoke in any direction...:rotfl2:

orlandothebeagle
02-08-2010, 02:48 PM
OMG, YOUR MY TWIN! i so try and avoid these threads, just know that someones ignorance is going to come through, but, like a train wreck, i just HAVE to go in and read a bit.....then of course i have to reply. its like the tipping threads. everyone has an option and you and i need to know it.
well, lets just all agree that we all have rights. i'll respect yours if you respect mine. if you don't, hey, i can blow smoke in any direction...:rotfl2:
Yip, me too, I resisted til page 4. But Im NOT posting:surfweb:

joshem
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I also have resisted posting until now... don't want to get into an argument.

But as a non-smoker I would like to share my feelings.

I guess what really bothers me is that smokers have the right to smoke in areas that will affect non-smokers.

It all well and good to say let's respect each others rights. But doesn't someone who is on a verandah who is a non-smoker have the right to not have smoke come anywhere near them and not have to retreat into their room.

That's the fundamental problem between smokers and non smokers -we don't want to have to have to inhale or smell your smoke and the fact that you are given the "right" to make us inhale or smell your smoke doesn't seem fair to me.

As I said don't want to stir things up any more than they are -I know there are some respectful smokers who take others into consideration but wanted to share my thoughts!

bavaria
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
But until smoking is outlawed or prohibited from those areas, the smoker is not doing anything wrong.

One may not like the smell of smoke, or may not agree with smoking, (or may not like the clothes someone chooses to wear, etc etc) but that doesn't mean that one has the right to tell someone what they can and cannot do.

And by the way, I am not a smoker.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I also have resisted posting until now... don't want to get into an argument.

But as a non-smoker I would like to share my feelings.

I guess what really bothers me is that smokers have the right to smoke in areas that will affect non-smokers.

It all well and good to say let's respect each others rights. But doesn't someone who is on a verandah who is a non-smoker have the right to not have smoke come anywhere near them and not have to retreat into their room.

That's the fundamental problem between smokers and non smokers -we don't want to have to have to inhale or smell your smoke and the fact that you are given the "right" to make us inhale or smell your smoke doesn't seem fair to me.

As I said don't want to stir things up any more than they are -I know there are some respectful smokers who take others into consideration but wanted to share my thoughts!

Honestly....and if you've read the whole thread, you'll know I do smoke....you're right. Non-smokers shouldn't have to smell or breathe our smoke. But the problem is, there's no right or wrong answer. It is allowed, and I know from my own experience with booking rooms, I book a verandah for two reasons....one, so that I can get outside and enjoy the view, and two, so that I can smoke. And it is allowed.
I really do think, though, that like myself, most smokers try really hard to be aware of the people around us. I usually try to finish up quickly if someone comes out on their verandah next to mine, or two down. I book rooms on Deck 8, so that I don't have to worry about people above me. I know that's not possible for everyone, because of the cost....but for the most part, we are aware of your right to clean air and try to be careful.

What's really hard for us, though, is dealing with the non-smokers who are just downright rude. The ones who will walk through a smoking area and then "fake" cough as loudly and with as much exaggeration as possible. Or the ones on these boards who start these threads....because they're so worried ahead of time, that they almost ruin their own vacation worrying about every little (or big, in their minds) thing. And then they threaten to do as much as they can to make a smoker's life miserable.
One person a long time ago actually posted on this board, that they would spray Lysol over onto the verandah next to theirs....AT the smoker...if their neighbor was out there smoking! So someone has threatened to go as far as assault a smoker......
We are human, we have failures, and admittedly, smoking is one of them. But so does EVERYONE. No matter how perfect their little family may seem to be to them, there is always going to be something that someone else could pick on about them. But never does it seem worse than when it comes to the smoking issue. And it's far worse on the Disney Boards than it is on any other travel/cruise board I've been on. Something about "Disney" makes people think that everything should be perfect.
Sorry to say, but it isn't. The people who cruise on Disney are no different than any other people anywhere.
Someone said on another thread that Americans have class. Funny....travel to any other country and their citizens refer to us as "Dirty Americans"...because quite frankly, we're LAZY. We throw things out our car windows, we push to be first in line....the list goes on and on.

I was in the Walt Disney Theater one time and a girl of about 7 years old was behind me. When she was seated, she kicked the back of my seat. When she stood, she had her hands on the back of my chair, thus pulling my hair. I finally turned to the mother and was about to ask her to please control her daughter, when the mother looked at me and said "It's a DISNEY cruise!".....as if to say, I'm sure, that there are kids on a Disney cruise....but does that make it okay for the kids to behave badly and not use manners?

I guess what I'm saying is that nothing is ever going to be perfect or fair.
There are no written rules onboard about the things that a lot of people could claim are offensive to them. Other nasty smells, besides cigarette smoke....kids jamming the elevators or sitting on the stairs so that you can't move around them, adults getting drunk or using bad language....
But there IS a rule about smoking. And if it is allowed in certain places, then smokers have the RIGHT to expect to feel "safe" in those places, and not at the mercy of someone else's judgement.

Dizzyworld
02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
i'll respect yours if you respect mine. if you don't, hey, i can blow smoke in any direction...:rotfl2:

I wonder why people think so negatively about smokers? :sad2:

tvguy
02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
One other issue....granted a small one.....is that DCL draws passengers from around the world. Some are from parts of the world where are no smoking restrictions , and they don't understand why they can't smoke where they want. This is the same sort of thing as tipping, some who cruise come from parts of the world where tipping isn't done.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Lighten up, she was joking!! The same as I hope the non-smoker was joking when she said she'd spray Lysol on anyone who dared smoke on the verandah next to hers.

tinkerone
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM

yeah, my bad. i was only trying to lighten up the thread :sad2:. guess it didn't work. :confused3
and just as a p.s., not that its anyones business, i am a non smoker. i just choose to not let MY rights over power others. i'm no more important than you just as your no more important than me. were all in this together, right?

tinkerone
02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Lighten up, she was joking!! The same as I hope the non-smoker was joking when she said she's spray Lysol on anyone who dared smoke on the verandah next to hers.

now its my turn....you said it better than me! :worship::worship::worship:

myelton01
02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
now its my turn....you said it better than me! :worship::worship::worship:

You both are doing a better job then I would do. :worship::worship::worship:

MPwifey
02-08-2010, 08:10 PM
hahaha, I am one of those non smokers who would probably be making the that smoke stinks comments. HOWEVER, if someone on the verandah next to me was smoking I probably wouldn't say anything to them. If they smoked 20 cigs in a row so that I would be bothered,`then I would ask them for a break kindly somehow. Smoke bothers me and my family, by giving most of us headaches, but we have to be around it for a little while and be within a couple feet of it during that time.

Now if you are my mom, then yes, I would tell you to your face that you are smoking death sticks, but if you are not her, then you are pretty safe from me.

One random vent though, why do resturants that still have a smoking section make you walk through the smoking section to get to the non smoking section?:confused:

OurDogCisco
02-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I wish, the smokers who wanted to quit could. I understand your frustration just like someone who is trying to diet, stop drinking, etc... It is an addiction that smoking companies don't want to you give up or they would go broke. My Mom is a smoker and unfortunately, it has effected her life in many ways. She can't even go more than 15 minutes without a cigarette which it makes it difficult for her to hold down a job. She spends most of her disposible income on cigarettes. It has ruined her life in every way possible. I think, most people when they see smoker or smell smoke think of my Mother. I'm sure you are respectful to everyone around you but my Mother is not. She is one of the people you'd be spraying the lysol at. It is pretty bad. The funny thing is that she doesn't think she has a problem. She doesn't think smoking effects any body but her.

I do have to say we have had a verandah several times and never had any issues. The only time I really noticed smoke to the point where I had to leave was in the Cove on the Mediterranean cruise. You could see it in the air-- it was thick like a smoky bar. My tolerance is pretty low these days for it since I don't live with it 24-7.

LMCmom25kids
02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Honestly....and if you've read the whole thread, you'll know I do smoke....you're right. Non-smokers shouldn't have to smell or breathe our smoke. But the problem is, there's no right or wrong answer. It is allowed, and I know from my own experience with booking rooms, I book a verandah for two reasons....one, so that I can get outside and enjoy the view, and two, so that I can smoke. And it is allowed.
I really do think, though, that like myself, most smokers try really hard to be aware of the people around us. I usually try to finish up quickly if someone comes out on their verandah next to mine, or two down. I book rooms on Deck 8, so that I don't have to worry about people above me. I know that's not possible for everyone, because of the cost....but for the most part, we are aware of your right to clean air and try to be careful.

What's really hard for us, though, is dealing with the non-smokers who are just downright rude. The ones who will walk through a smoking area and then "fake" cough as loudly and with as much exaggeration as possible. Or the ones on these boards who start these threads....because they're so worried ahead of time, that they almost ruin their own vacation worrying about every little (or big, in their minds) thing. And then they threaten to do as much as they can to make a smoker's life miserable.One person a long time ago actually posted on this board, that they would spray Lysol over onto the verandah next to theirs....AT the smoker...if their neighbor was out there smoking! So someone has threatened to go as far as assault a smoker......
We are human, we have failures, and admittedly, smoking is one of them. But so does EVERYONE. No matter how perfect their little family may seem to be to them, there is always going to be something that someone else could pick on about them. But never does it seem worse than when it comes to the smoking issue. And it's far worse on the Disney Boards than it is on any other travel/cruise board I've been on. Something about "Disney" makes people think that everything should be perfect.
Sorry to say, but it isn't. The people who cruise on Disney are no different than any other people anywhere.
Someone said on another thread that Americans have class. Funny....travel to any other country and their citizens refer to us as "Dirty Americans"...because quite frankly, we're LAZY. We throw things out our car windows, we push to be first in line....the list goes on and on.

I was in the Walt Disney Theater one time and a girl of about 7 years old was behind me. When she was seated, she kicked the back of my seat. When she stood, she had her hands on the back of my chair, thus pulling my hair. I finally turned to the mother and was about to ask her to please control her daughter, when the mother looked at me and said "It's a DISNEY cruise!".....as if to say, I'm sure, that there are kids on a Disney cruise....but does that make it okay for the kids to behave badly and not use manners?

I guess what I'm saying is that nothing is ever going to be perfect or fair.
There are no written rules onboard about the things that a lot of people could claim are offensive to them. Other nasty smells, besides cigarette smoke....kids jamming the elevators or sitting on the stairs so that you can't move around them, adults getting drunk or using bad language....
But there IS a rule about smoking. And if it is allowed in certain places, then smokers have the RIGHT to expect to feel "safe" in those places, and not at the mercy of someone else's judgement.

Unreal......How DARE YOU!!! I challenge you to quote one of my posts to prove that I threatened to make a smokers life miserable. You can't do it.

How about the person that said they would spray Lysol at a smoker and/or their verandah???? Now THAT was a threat! Where are the moderators? JillJill????

Just go have ANOTHER death stick already! Einstein! :lmao:

I'm done with this.... I'm going to have a GREAT :cool1: vacation even if I get stuck near a smoker. I can promise you that! Now for you smokers that get all bent out of shape when you hear someone gagging and coughing :sick:, get over it.... it's natural ..... common sense..... smoke+lungs=cough and gag! :sick:

CoreyLe
02-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Ok an honest question here..

I am guilty of giving the evil eye to smokers, making fake coughing noises, and muttering 'whew, that stinks' in that passive aggressive way :goodvibes

From this thread I now understand that it is probably not the best way to go about it. How then do I say something to the smoker? I am very Southern, too polite, and do not want to cause a scene. But I also absolutely can not take the smoke smell.

We were at a children's playground once when this mom lit up right in the middle of the playgroup. I was astounded that she would smoke right in the middle of the little kids! I was very nice about it but did ask her to move way away from us and the kids.
How would I do that when someone is on a veranda? or sits down and starts smoking next to us at the Pool?

vicki_c
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
LMCmom - I don't think that comment was specifically directed at you -- but more about the many threads on the DIS that pertain to smoking. Like the thing she quoted about the Lysol. I know you started the thread, but I don't think everything you're quoting there was really directed at you.

Don't take everything quite so personally. Relax.

bavaria
02-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Well, if they are in an area which is not restricted, I don't think that they need to be the ones to move. If you have a problem, then really you should be removing yourself (again, assuming that the person is smoking in a permitted area)

The reality is that in life we cannot avoid everything that we don't wish to experience, whether it be smokers, or swimsuits/clothing we don't like, or anything else which is not against the law.

For example, we had a poster here who was upset about what someone else was watching on an airplane. Unless it was porn, there really aren't restrictions against watching anything. I am a pacifist, and I cannot stomach much of what is shown on television or in the movies. But I fully support other peoples' rights to watch what they like, so long as it isn't prohibited material.

We thankfully still have freedom of speech and freedom of action. If we don't like what someone is doing, or saying, or wearing, so long as it isn't against the law then it really isn't our place to tell them to stop, is it?

vicki_c
02-08-2010, 11:16 PM

I am guilty of giving the evil eye to smokers, making fake coughing noises, and muttering 'whew, that stinks' in that passive aggressive way :goodvibes

From this thread I now understand that it is probably not the best way to go about it. How then do I say something to the smoker? I am very Southern, too polite, and do not want to cause a scene. But I also absolutely can not take the smoke smell.

We were at a children's playground once when this mom lit up right in the middle of the playgroup. I was astounded that she would smoke right in the middle of the little kids! I was very nice about it but did ask her to move way away from us and the kids.
How would I do that when someone is on a veranda? or sits down and starts smoking next to us at the Pool?

If they're smoking in a smoking area, you generally don't. YOU move.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 11:18 PM

If I were smoking in a designated area....and please believe me when I say that I would NEVER smoke near the Goofy pool, even if it is allowed. Besides, there aren't any ashtrays there at all....I have to keep walking all the way to the last 3 tables past the adult pool before finding an ashtray and that's fine with me. Anyway....if they're on an open deck in a designated area, you really can't say anything. All you can do is move.
Now...on your verandah....you can do as you did with the lady in the park. You can try to speak to the other person, and from what I've read on this thread, and others about smoking, 99.9% of us will respect your space....try to work it out so that we aren't out there when you are.

But honestly, like I'd said earlier, I know I and probably every other smoker, got a verandah for that reason. I think someone else said their schedule (basically) and it's pretty much the same as mine. One or two in the morning with coffee, one before dinner and one or two before bed.
If someone wanted me to not be out there at all in the mornings, for example, I wouldn't agree to that.
I think it will work out for you. Being polite goes a very long way.

CoreyLe
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=bavaria;35357032]Well, if they are in an area which is not restricted, I don't think that they need to be the ones to move.

Is smoking allowed on the Wonder next to the pool? not the adult pool but the pools where the kids swim?
If I am sitting there, and have been sitting there for a while, and then a smoker comes and sits next to me I should be the one to move? I am sorry but I dont agree with that. I should not have to move if I was there first. Why would it be wrong for me to ask if they could smoke somewhere else.
Now if he was there first and was smoking then I would gladly move or not sit there in the first place.

I dont know how to double quote.. someone said "If they're smoking in a smoking area, you generally don't. YOU move."
Well of course! I would never go into a smoking area and expect anyone to move. Just like the rooms or areas in some airports, they are made for smoking and I would not sit outside of them or would do so fully knowing that I will smell the smoke.

And again what about the verandah? Sure my neighbor is allowed to smoke out there. But I am also allowed to be out there too. Someone said that we all should be considerate of each other so that is my question.. if the verandah neighbor is chain smoking out there and we are not able to go out shouldnt I be able to ask politely for some smoke free time?

justmestace
02-08-2010, 11:25 PM
LMCmom - I don't think that comment was specifically directed at you -- but more about the many threads on the DIS that pertain to smoking. Like the thing she quoted about the Lysol. I know you started the thread, but I don't think everything you're quoting there was really directed at you.

Don't take everything quite so personally. Relax.

Thanks...and you're right. I didn't refer to anyone specifically. I was talking 1) About ALL of the threads about smoking and 2) More specifically about the person who threatened to spray the Lysol.

CoreyLe
02-08-2010, 11:27 PM
If I were smoking in a designated area....and please believe me when I say that I would NEVER smoke near the Goofy pool, even if it is allowed. Besides, there aren't any ashtrays there at all....I have to keep walking all the way to the last 3 tables past the adult pool before finding an ashtray and that's fine with me. Anyway....if they're on an open deck in a designated area, you really can't say anything. All you can do is move.
Now...on your verandah....you can do as you did with the lady in the park. You can try to speak to the other person, and from what I've read on this thread, and others about smoking, 99.9% of us will respect your space....try to work it out so that we aren't out there when you are.

But honestly, like I'd said earlier, I know I and probably every other smoker, got a verandah for that reason. I think someone else said their schedule (basically) and it's pretty much the same as mine. One or two in the morning with coffee, one before dinner and one or two before bed.
If someone wanted me to not be out there at all in the mornings, for example, I wouldn't agree to that.
I think it will work out for you. Being polite goes a very long way.

You replied the same time as my last reply..:cutie:

Thank you for a great attitude about it, for answering my questions politely, and for not smoking near the Goofy pool. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I appreciate it.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 11:27 PM
[quote=bavaria;35357032]Well, if they are in an area which is not restricted, I don't think that they need to be the ones to move.

Is smoking allowed on the Wonder next to the pool? not the adult pool but the pools where the kids swim?
If I am sitting there, and have been sitting there for a while, and then a smoker comes and sits next to me I should be the one to move? I am sorry but I dont agree with that. I should not have to move if I was there first. Why would it be wrong for me to ask if they could smoke somewhere else.
Now if he was there first and was smoking then I would gladly move or not sit there in the first place.

I dont know how to double quote.. someone said "If they're smoking in a smoking area, you generally don't. YOU move."
Well of course! I would never go into a smoking area and expect anyone to move. Just like the rooms or areas in some airports, they are made for smoking and I would not sit outside of them or would do so fully knowing that I will smell the smoke.

And again what about the verandah? Sure my neighbor is allowed to smoke out there. But I am also allowed to be out there too. Someone said that we all should be considerate of each other so that is my question.. if the verandah neighbor is chain smoking out there and we are not able to go out shouldnt I be able to ask politely for some smoke free time?

You're from Omaha! I was born and raised there....Omaha Burke High.....

Anyway....it was me who said, yes...please politely speak to that smoking neighbor.
If it is REALLY bad....chainsmoking all day....but keep in mind, there's a lot to do onboard. I'm too busy having fun to just sit on the balcony and smoke all day......anyway, if it's really bad, go to Guest Services and see if they can help. I don't know if they can, or what they can do....but they might be able to help.

bavaria
02-08-2010, 11:29 PM

I think that most people don't smoke continually for extended minutes/hours at a time. You may have two smokers at once, but how many realistically are going to be on a verandah together?

Even the most heavy smokers in my life don't smoke one after the other after the other - in America cigarettes are now very costly so most smokers try and spin out their cigarettes.

If it is one an hour, or two people smoking two an hour, I personally think that is pretty acceptable. If they take up more than 30 minutes of every hour smoking, then maybe that is more than their 'fair share'. But I do think that chances of that are very low.

bavaria
02-08-2010, 11:30 PM
<=====

You're from Omaha! I was born and raised there....Omaha Burke High.....

Methinks that the quoting is getting confused! Not from Omaha! Been there, but not from there! :rotfl:

I am familiar with Runzas if you need proof!

CoreyLe
02-08-2010, 11:30 PM
justmestace - I am in Omaha! And holy cow I am FREEZING!!! It is currently 2 degrees here.:eek: My husband is in the Navy and stationed at STRATCOM so we are not here by choice. But I do like it here and will miss it when we leave.

justmestace
02-08-2010, 11:46 PM
<=====

Methinks that the quoting is getting confused! Not from Omaha! Been there, but not from there! :rotfl:

I am familiar with Runzas if you need proof!

I'm sorry....you're right....and I bet I made the mistake and quoted the wrong person. I knew I was supposed to be talking to CoryLe. Sorry! I feel so stupid!!!

I like Runza's hamburgers, but can honestly say I've never had a real Runza.

bavaria
02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm a veggie no Runza here either! I just always associate it with Omaha now.

No need to apologise; I was just confused how I was thought to be from Omaha. (I have signatures and avatars turned off so I don't see what most other readers see in regards to location etc) :)

justmestace
justmestace - I am in Omaha! And holy cow I am FREEZING!!! It is currently 2 degrees here.:eek: My husband is in the Navy and stationed at STRATCOM so we are not here by choice. But I do like it here and will miss it when we leave.

I knew it was you, I just messed up. Must be bedtime!! Sorry.

I'm flying up there on March 5th...staying til the 19th. I wouldn't, but my whole family is still there, including my oldest daughter and my very first grandbaby. I haven't seen him in 5 months, and I can't stand it any more!! I have to go up and hold him and kiss him or I'll go crazy.

And not to worry, anyone.....I NEVER smoke in the house (even my own...hubby won't allow it) and NEVER anywhere near the baby...even in the outdoors. I'm very well trained.

CoreyLe
I'm sorry....you're right....and I bet I made the mistake and quoted the wrong person. I knew I was supposed to be talking to CoryLe. Sorry! I feel so stupid!!!

I like Runza's hamburgers, but can honestly say I've never had a real Runza.

It's ok, I saw it and replied! I do think the quotes were screwy because it had my name and bavarias in it.

I think I am the only one in Omaha that does not like Runza. :laughing:

justmestace
02-08-2010, 11:53 PM
It's ok, I saw it and replied! I do think the quotes were screwy because it had my name and bavarias in it.

I think I am the only one in Omaha that does not like Runza. :laughing:

You're right...it has your words, and their name. WHEW! I'm not as crazy as I thought I was.

Just the word "Runza" is not very appealing at all. Ick. But really, the burgers aren't bad.
I miss Bronco's fries. :thumbsup2

tinker1bell
02-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Starting back in 2001, I started getting bad migraines from odors. Cleaning materials, strong perfumes, smoke. It drove me crazy because I thought something was very wrong. I was watching Oprah and they talked about this product---

http://www.kvsupply.com/browse/Home/HealthLinks/Supplements/Headaches/Uh-Oh-Migraine-Stick-10-ml-33-oz/D/30100/P/1:1:100:60000:610:62000/I/50097

If I know I am going to encounter a specific odor, I rub it right under my nose and sometimes I can stop the migraine before it gets really intense.

justmestace
02-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Starting back in 2001, I started getting bad migraines from odors. Cleaning materials, strong perfumes, smoke. It drove me crazy because I thought something was very wrong. I was watching Oprah and they talked about this product---

http://www.kvsupply.com/browse/Home/HealthLinks/Supplements/Headaches/Uh-Oh-Migraine-Stick-10-ml-33-oz/D/30100/P/1:1:100:60000:610:62000/I/50097

If I know I am going to encounter a specific odor, I rub it right under my nose and sometimes I can stop the migraine before it gets really intense.

It really does work??!! My mom gets migraines but hasn't taken anything other than Excedrin (which doesn't help much, if any) for years. She basically gave up. I might buy this for her. Thanks.

tinker1bell
02-09-2010, 01:58 AM
It really does work??!! My mom gets migraines but hasn't taken anything other than Excedrin (which doesn't help much, if any) for years. She basically gave up. I might buy this for her. Thanks.

Here are the ingredients Grapeseed Oil, Lavender, Peppermint. Some people cannot tolerate one or more of those scents. My BFF has sarcoddosis which affects her lungs so breathing for her sometimes if just plain hard. You get odors like strong perfume, smoke, cleaning materials then she really has a hard time. That product does not help her at all.

It won't work all of the time, but if I know I could encounter a particular odor, I will use it ahead of time. At least in some instances, it lessens the pain.

It is no fun getting migraines. I did also find out that Equal can possibly cause migraines, so I do not use that anymore.

mmouse37
02-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Since there have been numerous reports to the mods on this thread it is now being closed. The guidelines against personal attacks and playing nice have already been posted to this thread but things are still being said so it now time to shut it down.

MJ