PDA

View Full Version : Give a day promo - Do they ask for kids birth cert. at park??

Simiesue
01-31-2010, 05:43 PM
I read this somewhere that you are to bring along a copy of the kids birth certificates if your child participated in the give a day-get a day promotion. Has anyone actually had to show this???

mom2val
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't understand why I need to bring a birth certificate for DD. We will have her ticket / keys to the World card that has her name printed on it. Why won't that work along with the GAD certificate?

paysensmom
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I believe it is because the age limit. YOu must be at least 6 years old.

disneymarie
01-31-2010, 06:31 PM
I believe it is because the age limit. YOu must be at least 6 years old.

But I thought you could donate a ticket, my younger son has no desire to go to the world but wanted to give his to the grandson if he could. We are all doing the days as family, more then once, and donating tickets back too.

This is an after school dinner program. down to age 6, dgs will only be 5.:wizard:pirate::littleangel::flower3:

mickeymaker2003
01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
You can only donate your ticket to one of three or so organizations. All donations have to be done directly through the process where you get your ticket (once you've earned your voucher your choice is print it or donate it). The tickets are non-transferrable, so you can't just give or donate yours to another individual.

disneymarie
01-31-2010, 07:11 PM
It seems a shame that due to age liability the younger ones would not qualify, nor benefit from a family learning and sharing?

Simiesue
01-31-2010, 07:29 PM
My son is 10 and I cant find his BC. I sure hope I dont need it at the gate. I would think that he is obviously not 6. lol

WickedElphaba
01-31-2010, 07:32 PM
I am not loving the idea of having DDs BC on me all day but also dont want to waste the time running back and forth to car....will a copy work?

mickeymaker2003
01-31-2010, 07:35 PM
My son is 10 and I cant find his BC. I sure hope I dont need it at the gate. I would think that he is obviously not 6. lol

I think you should probably either find it or order another one from wherever he was born. You will eventually need it for something, so you may as well get it now. I think a copy is sufficient for this promotion, so you wouldn't have to carry the original with you.

I'd hate to think he misses out on his free ticket or fastpass because you didn't bring the paperwork it says you need. I think part of the reason they need a birth certificate is to help enfore the limit of one free ticket per person. Otherwise, there would be people trying to give their kid a new name and birthday every day of their trip so they could use 7 free tickets instead of buying any.

SandrA9810
01-31-2010, 07:43 PM
i doubt there are that many 3-5yr olds that can actually listen, follow directions, and perform a task to help an organization. As to why that rule is in place.

LisaNJ25
01-31-2010, 07:50 PM

Yes, you will need a copy of it or their passport. A copy is fine, unlike last years promos where is had to be an actual certified copy.

disneymarie
01-31-2010, 07:55 PM
i doubt there are that many 3-5yr olds that can actually listen, follow directions, and perform a task to help an organization. As to why that rule is in place.

Totally understandable, but Disney is about families and if a reletive, grandparent, uncle wanted to do a day a donate for a child in the same family should be considered.

I administer our own after school program and for liability would not want a 4-5 year old there. But, at the same time, Disney will admit the under 3, but the younger child is left out of a families budget. It is only a few ages from the family, but many places will not even take under 15 yrs old.

Who cares whom volunteers, how many times, one certif to a person still in place. Nice program to get volunteers in hopes they come back and help over and over, not just the one day. I know our program could use ongoing volunteers, there are just not enough funds.

But consider the kids that are still part of a family unit. This one fell through a loop hole, every one has a birthday, but not eligible for this program. A gap could be addressed.