PDA

View Full Version : Got a Pin, now what

Zdog
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I realize this may be a foolish question :confused3, but we just got a pin in the email yesterday for 20/30/40% off based on resort level, extending through most of 2010. My question for those who've used this type of pin before: how quickly do things book up for the month of August, especially at the deluxe resorts? :banana: Is there still a savings if booking through AAA with the Pin, and if so, typically how much? Questions, questions, questions!! Thanks in advance for any info/advice. :worship: It's minus three here in upstate New York right now, and I need a vacation to mark on the calendar to keep me going :thumbsup2

skhermsmeyer
01-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't know how quick August fills up, but I booked for December through AAA. I was going to save about $500 at the FW cabins. Called back to ask a question and the CM told me I had a pin attached to my name. Asked him to price it out for me, and I saved almost $1000! Needless to say, I switched from the AAA discount to the pin. :goodvibes Now we'll be getting the dining plan. The CM's have always been willing to price out the different options for me. HTH! :)

Tnkrbelle565
01-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I realize this may be a foolish question :confused3, but we just got a pin in the email yesterday for 20/30/40% off based on resort level, extending through most of 2010. My question for those who've used this type of pin before: how quickly do things book up for the month of August, especially at the deluxe resorts? :banana: Is there still a savings if booking through AAA with the Pin, and if so, typically how much? Questions, questions, questions!! Thanks in advance for any info/advice. :worship: It's minus three here in upstate New York right now, and I need a vacation to mark on the calendar to keep me going :thumbsup2

Call and book ASAP. You only have to put down a $200 when booking through CRO. There are only a few rooms available with your pin so make you take advantage. You can always changed dates (and keep your pin discount) if something comes up in the future. You can't combine AAA discounts and Pin discounts. You also can't combine free dining with the Pin if Dining is offered. However, if you are staying at a deluxe, the 40% off will be way more savings than free dining.

Alexander
01-30-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't know how quick August fills up, but I booked for December through AAA. I was going to save about $500 at the FW cabins. Called back to ask a question and the CM told me I had a pin attached to my name. Asked him to price it out for me, and I saved almost $1000! Needless to say, I switched from the AAA discount to the pin. :goodvibes Now we'll be getting the dining plan. The CM's have always been willing to price out the different options for me. HTH! :)

Was this a package pin or a room only pin? I didn't think you could add dining to a room only rate.

skhermsmeyer
01-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Was this a package pin or a room only pin? I didn't think you could add dining to a room only rate.

The AAA was a room only discount, but the PIN from Disney was for 20/30/40% during certain time periods. The disney PIN lets me do a package, so I can add on dining later. :) I'm saving 30% off of my Moderate resort and 6 day MYW tickets.

Alexander
01-30-2010, 08:33 PM
The AAA was a room only discount, but the PIN from Disney was for 20/30/40% during certain time periods. The disney PIN lets me do a package, so I can add on dining later. :) I'm saving 30% off of my Moderate resort and 6 day MYW tickets.

:cheer2:That's awesome! Have a great trip!