PDA

View Full Version : 6 day MYW PH to an Annual Pass

darthspud
01-30-2010, 08:30 AM
I am going down in August in a resort package with dining I will be getting a 6 day MYW park hopper ticket can I upgrade this ticket (before I enter the park on the first day) to an annual pass? I am going down with family so we are all getting the same package... the best part is.. I only have to pay for half of my trip cost so basically if I can upgrade it I'll be getting it relatively cheap out of my pocket :thumbsup2

Thanks

Redwitch
01-30-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm sure the experts will reply, but my understanding is you are better off using your ticket to enter a park and then upgrading to the AP.

Cheshire Figment
01-30-2010, 08:49 AM
You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
16. 2010 Give A Day, Get A Day Promotion
17. Information on Disney's Armed Forces Salute 2010
18. Prices Effective August 2, 2009
19. Special Promotions and "Free" Tickets
19A. AP 15 Months for Price of 12 Renewal
19B. Florida Resident Four Day Dream Ticket

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

darthspud
01-30-2010, 09:38 AM
So I guess my next question is...

if I have my 6 day ticket and use 2 days before I upgrade... do I get credit for just the 4 days or all 6 days?

cmrules
01-30-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you get credit for all six days, what you are really getting credit for is the purchase price of the ticket toward the purchase price of an annual pass if I understand it correctly.

Neesy228
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
So I guess my next question is...

if I have my 6 day ticket and use 2 days before I upgrade... do I get credit for just the 4 days or all 6 days?

You will get full credit for all 6 days, but your AP will expire on the day that you first used your original ticket. (In other words, you're not getting a couple days for free if you use it before you convert to the AP.)

Hope that helps :)

mickeymaker2003
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Also--if you have used any of your waterpark and more days, you will only be allowed to upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass that includes waterpark and DQ admission. If you haven't used any of the plus days, you will be allowed to get a regular AP.

MagicMomentsMom
02-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Also--if you have used any of your waterpark and more days, you will only be allowed to upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass that includes waterpark and DQ admission. If you haven't used any of the plus days, you will be allowed to get a regular AP.

does this mean that you lose the plus days (water park and more) If you upgrade to an AP? I was going to upgrade 10 day park hoppers with WP add on to ap's-- if I upgrade before we use the water park tickets do I lose them?

SandrA9810
02-07-2010, 09:28 AM
because an annual pass only allows for the four main parks, you can not use any water park days. But if you plan on going several times to the water parks, it might be worth it to get the PAP.

If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to purchase discounted water park tickets with your annual pass, if it's just a one day thing.

And your ticket will expire from the first date of original ticket use.
We used to go during the summer time and buy play 4 passes (fl resident), the play passes are good for 6 months, so at the end of summer, we would upgrade to seasonal passes, which would expire at the beginning of summer. but it was an easy way to split the cost in half, and still be able to go during the summer when seasonals are generally on block out.