PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Hollow website

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
My 8 year old has been playing on this site. She made a little fairy that is so cute! She asked me about getting a membership, but it's pricey! Is the cost worth it?

Normangirls
01-24-2010, 09:13 AM
DD13, DD9 and DD4 all love to use this site, mostly DD9. I went ahead and got her a membership after months of begging (from her, not me!).

So I just asked her if it was worth it. She said yes, but it depends on how much you're really going to use it.

Once you're a member, you can do things like buy things for you fairies, preview new games, and do members-only quests.

She said before she was a member, she just flew around with nothing to do, but now she can do quests and she loves that. :love:

(She's talking, I'm typing -- so you're getting her opinion verbatim!) :rolleyes1

To me, yes, it is definitely worth it. It gets her to leave me ALONE! (just kidding -- she was reading over my shoulder so I wanted to get her!) Seriously, it's like the Disney channel on T.V. -- I like that she can spend time there without worrying about inappropriate content.

She was playing on-line one time and came to me and told me there was a "fairy" who was using bad language. It was very simple to get on and report this, and then tell the other "fairies" who were there (and were upset about it, too) to go tell their moms. The "bad" "fairy" disappeared immediately. After almost six months of membership it is the only problem we have ever had.

To us, worth it. :lovestruc

mommyof2princesses
01-24-2010, 03:55 PM
We finally bought a one month membership to test it out and dd loves it. For the same reasons as the pp that you can do quests now.

jlafferty
01-24-2010, 04:58 PM
I would be cautious about letting my dd join ANY online communities. There is too many bad things out there. Who knows who else also paid to join. There is a lot of people out there who use things like this to meet children. Just be safe and monitor what conversations are being held and with who. Educate yourself and your daughter.

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
01-24-2010, 08:54 PM
I would be cautious about letting my dd join ANY online communities. There is too many bad things out there. Who knows who else also paid to join. There is a lot of people out there who use things like this to meet children. Just be safe and monitor what conversations are being held and with who. Educate yourself and your daughter.

Trust me, we're on it! But it bears repeating. I'm a school librarian, so I'm very sensitive to this. She has very limited computer time - and she may only visit pre-approved sites under my supervision.