PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney with little kids?

cheryterese
01-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Should we plan much time here? We're planning to eat at T-Rex, but is there much else here for young kids (4.5, 2.5, 1). We're not doing Disney Quest. I know there's a lego area, but that's about it.

mrsbornkuntry
01-23-2010, 12:12 PM
There are a couple of small rides there that my 5yo enjoyed on our trip like a little train ride and a toy store. Oh, and if it's hot there's also the water feature in front of the toy store that they can play in, all of my kids really loved that since we went in June.

Cherlynn25
01-23-2010, 12:18 PM
the lego area is fantastic.
Once upon a toy is fun to look through
stitch spits water outside the (i think) world of disney store
the water fountain play area by the Christmas store.
i believe there is a merry go round and i think train ride
candy store, the 4 yo might enjoy the create your own
The aligator outside RFC

we love DTD, it is a must do for our family!
Have fun =)

MSSANDRA
01-23-2010, 04:46 PM
DD can be fun but if you have park passes for everyday, I would do that instead. WE did DD more when we did not have passes for everyday but now that we have passes for everyday of our trip we do it less.

I had issues paying for the little rides there when we were riding in the parks all week!!
It is also hard to do some of the "fun" stores and not buy a lot but it can be done.

You will for sure want to bring you stroller.

Erica09M
01-23-2010, 05:06 PM
We're planning to eat at T Rex too, and we'll do the Build-A-Dino for my girls (they'll be 5 yrs & 23 months on our trip). I'm sure we'll find plenty of stuff they'll enjoy checking out, and when we're done we'll just go back to the resort and hang out/swim. We're doing Downtown Disney on our down (no park) day.

kpgriswold
01-23-2010, 05:15 PM
The Lego store is amazing to see and has a playground area outside that would be fun for your little ones. If you want to do some shopping, the World of Disney store is the place to be. It's the largest character store in WDW.