PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning princess costumes

zeferjen
01-23-2010, 07:51 AM
We are leaving in three weeks for my dcs first trip to Disney :banana:

Of course dd3 wants to bring her princess dresses but they are a little worse for wear, since they are 1) hand me downs and 2) have been in the bottom of the dress up bin.

How to clean them up? It says no washing, no dry cleaning on the tag... do you think I can iron or steam them?

:laundy:

rosebud4
01-23-2010, 09:05 AM
I washed all my granddaughter's dress in woolite or dreft. I use the gentle cycle and then hang to dry instead of putting in the dryer. All have turned out wonderful. You can also use spray n wash on any stains. I also fluff out the dress when hanging them to dry. If you don't have a place near your washing machine to hang, the bathroom shower works great!

pooh4evr
01-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I have washed all of ours on gentle and hang them to dry-- the glitter seems to come off a bit but they usually wash fine (don't fall apart or anything)

Iri920
01-23-2010, 02:52 PM
If they have glitter on them I hand wash those and hang up to dry. They usually stay pretty wrinkly though when I do that so I do steam/warm iron them once they are dry. If they don't have any glittler I just wash them on the gentle cycle and on low heat in the dryer and they're fine.

allaboutaprincess
01-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I wash mine on gentle cycle and line dry. You may lose a little glitter but that is usually a plus for me!

zeferjen
01-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks everyone! I washed on gentle cycle with Woolite and they are hanging over the bathtub to dry. They already look much better!