PDA

View Full Version : BOB Double at the parks?

tdsbu
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Does anyone have any experience navigating a BOB Double stroller through the parks?
We are trying to decide whether to bring it for our trip next week, or if we should do the single umbrella stroller for our oldest and a sling/bjorn for the 4-month old. We are kind of worried the BOB may be too bulky/big for some of the pathways around the parks ... or getting on/off buses.
Thanks for any first-hand experience!

Iri920
01-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I've brought a Valco Twin Tri-mode everytime we've gone and we've had no problems. I don't know about the BOB but ours is the same width as a wheelchair so anywhere they can fit we can too. We never took it on the bus so I can't comment on that but it fits fine on the monorails.

PEANUT1
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
We rented a city mini double and loved it!! I think it is about the same size and set up as the BOB. We used it for our 3 and 6 year old. I would prefer having a double..you don't want to have to carry the baby constantly..it would be nice to have the option to put the baby down to sleep.
Navigating was no problem. We didn't use buses, but we did use the tram and boats and folding was very easy.

tdsbu
01-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! :yay:

redmon
01-23-2010, 09:22 AM
we have a BOB double stroller that we love at the parks. it is so easy to roll and we also use it for cup holder and storage. It is a pain on the buses, but you get to sit in front of the door and usually the first off. Navigating through the parks is a breeze. We will be there in Feb. and will be taking ours, this will be our third trip with it. thanks, jeff.

tdsbu
01-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the boards and thank you for your response. That is really helpful!