PDA

View Full Version : Stroller question about leaving it in the car

Lisha1979
01-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Has anyone brought a stroller but left it in the car while at the park? I'm not sure how long my 4 year old will last walking but I'm hopeful that it will be the whole time :laughing: yeah right.
I wondered that if instead of pushing a stroller around the park while she is not in it would (or has anyone) just left the stroller in your car while in the park and only gone back to get it if you needed it?
Or would it be better to just take it to carry stuff until she is tired of walking?
Thanks so much!! =)

kohlby
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I've never left it in the car but I have parked it inside the park for several hours. I didn't want to have to walk back to the car.

Lisha1979
01-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Do they have a place to park the strollers? Or is this just an area and you're taking a chance on someone taking the stroller?

taylor3297
01-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Last trip our dd was 4 years old and she did just fine without the stroller except for one day. The only day we rented a stroller was at AK.

thebeesknees
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Do they have a place to park the strollers? Or is this just an area and you're taking a chance on someone taking the stroller?

They have stroller parking areas around the park, usually outside the popular rides. Be aware that the CMs move them around a lot within that area, so if your stroller isn't exactly where you left it when you get off a ride, just look around a bit, because it's probably been moved. We left our stroller at the parking area near Peter Pan and did all the Fantasyland rides, then just came back and got it when we were done. No problems. There have been reports of strollers being taken, but I think that is the exception. There are several threads discussing ways to avoid this if you look around a bit.

maxiesmom
01-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Bring it in the park with you, and park it in your general vicinity. That way you won't have to leave and go back thru security if your child decides they want to ride in it.

krcit
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I say use it to carry all your stuff!! I actually miss having a stroller now that my kids are older.

kohlby
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I just park in a stroller parking area and leave it. I take my camera and money with me. I figure that leaving a stroller for 20 minutes or 4 hours has about the same risk. We've never had it stolen. We bring our own into the parks.

mekay1012
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I've never been to disney, but have been to other amusement parks and I don't think I would go without a stroller. My dd will be 4 when we go and I am definitly taking one. There is no way she will be able to last the day. Plus, I like the idea of having a way to carry all of our junk.

Lisha1979
01-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks so much for the help everyone!!!
I'll take the stroller into the park with us. If we need to park it somewhere we will, Heck it's a $5 stroller I got off of Craigslist today so I won't cry if it does go missing, I just hope it doesn't go missing until our last day lol =)

barnaby1
01-23-2010, 09:16 PM
We are right in the middle of our first stroller free trip and it is absolutely wonderful and liberating not having to drag it around (only ever had a little umbrella stroller anyway).
My dd will be 4 in March and we were a little worried before the trip about how she would go without one. She hasn't used one at home for ages but still has a 30 minute lunchtime sleep about 3 times a week so we were open minded about it if she couldn't manage.
We never offered the idea of a stroller to her and she hasn't even asked. She is outdoing us by the end of each day and we are now at the end of day 6 with no lunchtime sleep. Apart from a very occasional piggyback she has not stopped.
I think if we had offered the stroller it would have been very different.