PDA

View Full Version : Pressed penny question

Duckyiam71
01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Ok I have gotten some great tips about pressed pennies. I have my mini m&m tubes and my alternating 2 quarters 1 penny. But I dont have the books/holders for the actual pressed pennies. Does WDW sell these and if so where or do I need to get something before? Thanks for any help.:)

princessmom29
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
they have them for around $7. They are trifold, and they hold pressed pennies, and have a section for pressed quarters as well. We got ours at MGM back by the backlot tour, but I alos saw them several other places including the carts as you enter MK.

tam626
01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
They do sell them just about everywhere down there. I finally got one this past trip.

AdamsPrincess
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I think I bought mine at the emporium. I posted a question last week about pressed penny maps, if you are looking for some locations too, you can check that out!

yellowtink
01-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Try to print on the head side of the penny, it comes out better. Sometimes its hard to tell, but if you do more than 1 penny, you can try it again on the other side.

mbarone54
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm pretty sure we purchased our pressed penny book at our hotel (The Contemporary). I saw them all over.
Other words of advice:

1. I had read to try and use pre-1982 pennies - something about their copper content made them last longer I guess. (There's a whole website on pressed pennies - you can google it)

2. You can get a print out at your hotel of all the machines on property - locations and what 3 designs are at each machine. It's all on an Excel spreadsheet that they can give you.

3. Put the penny in the machine with the head UP and to the RIGHT. (again, I read this on the website). It really did seem to make a difference. We have a few that were not inserted "properly" and you can still see the impression of the Lincoln Memorial within the new image.

My daughter (she was 3 at the time) LOVED this! She still gets out her album and looks through it picking out her favorites or remembering where she got each one.

Duckyiam71
01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Wow! I thought I was ready...I did not know about the 'right" side of the penny. And I definitely did not know about the printout from the hotels. Thanks everyone!