PDA

View Full Version : when should i put the passports away

Harlie
01-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Travelling from canada mean we need our passports. Since we are driving over the border I'm wonder if I should: a) bother putting them away before our flight and hang on to them

And

B) if we need to have them out at the resort (I think I remember using them last year at the resort at checkin on my trip with hubby - and if so do we just need the adults or the kids too?

I panic that if I don't put them away that I will o
Loose them as it is a problem I have lol! So I want to know when I need them so I can put them away and leave a note on my blackberry as to where I hide them from myself lol!

Hannathy
01-21-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by putting them away?
Once you are inside the US you don't need a passport to fly. The adults will need an official ID with picture to check in and go thru security at the airport and I believe who ever is checking into the hotel will need ID but that is it.

Once the kids are in the US they don't need ID for anything unless under 2 and flying for free.

monkey30
01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
U you may find it quicker and easier to use the passport for your flights as if they are checking ids and aren't familiar with your provincial license may take them a few minutes to locate correct info!!

I keep mine in the zippered pocket of my purse I am so paranoid I will lose them and getting a baby to sit for another photo is not something I want (he was 3 weeks old in his last one!!).

Good luck with the drive, and sorry I have to put it on here... Go Stamps!!!!LMAO:rotfl:

tricia
01-21-2010, 10:08 AM
When I fly from the States I use my Passport at the border, then put it in with my flight stuff (confirmation, etc.) Then, I use them when I check in for my flight, and then again getting on the plane. (Some airlines, I think ask for ID for the adults at the gate.)

I keep my hotel and flight confirmations and the passports all in one travel folder, and I have to put a hand on it about every 10 seconds to make sure I still have it. Once I get to the resort I usually place them and the confirmations for the return trip in the safe.