PDA

View Full Version : WDW over Thanksgiving??

Dianelouise
01-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Okay, it sounds like Christmas is out. I know I couldn't tolerate those crowds. What about Thanksgiving, Thursday-Monday? We won a 4 night get away and want to use it and just aren't sure when we want to use it. Our times are limited when we can go as our 3 kiddos will then be 17, 15 and 10 and the 2 older ones can't miss to much school/sports activities. Is it really crowded then, do they have Christmas displays up? Thanks for the info.

mjkacmom
01-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Yes, yes.

sksjasams
01-21-2010, 11:08 AM
We went on our trip Thanksgiving 2008. Thurs - Wed
We arrived later on Thanksgiving and didn't do any parks that day. Thanksgiving Day was a great day to travel - both airports were very empty.
We did rope drop every day. Friday DHS was very crowded, but we stuck to our touring plan and got to do almost everything we wanted to. The rest of the week was terrific after that. In fact, we went to AK Saturday and we had finished our whole plan by noon. We relaxed, visited characters and watched the parade.
I think if you plan Thursday and Friday knowing it will be busy, then Sat-Mon should be fine.
Yes, the decorations were up that year and special things like Osborne Lights at DHS and the Jingle Jungle parade at AK were also ready.

Have fun!