PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse Disney?

shelbys mommy
01-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Does anyone remember Bear in the Big Blue House? Rolie Polie Olie? The Doodlebops? Higglytown Heroes? I do!!! Whatever happened to those shows. I know if they would take off Charlie & Lola I would not be upset.

mom2maggie
01-21-2010, 10:56 AM
We've only been watching Playhouse Disney for a couple of years and have already noticed how quickly and quietly they take shows off the air - shows my daughter loved! And JoJo's Circus is gone - but they are still at H&V! Get them out of there and get something else in there!

monkey30
01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Yes they have been changing them up, but we get them on some other stations now, so the kids are still happy when we catch them!

Oh the days of the bear cha cha cha!!!!!

jenlynn0808
01-21-2010, 11:17 AM
They rotate them quickly. IMO, Disney is missing an opportunity here. What they should do is something like Sprout. A Playhouse Disney dedicated channel. They already have the boy dedicated channel, that is what Disney DX is suppose to be, they even have the ESPN clips on there. The shows are rotated out so quickly that you can't even hand me down items. We have a really cool Goliath rocking horse, none of the younger kids in the family know who he is, but DS4 loved/s him. We also have a Jo-Jo and a Goliath smaller stuffed animals, but those I packed away...next to DD12's Blue's Clues ones. :goodvibes

katierae81
01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
You can still find these shows on the playhouse disney uk site!

hedgehog2owl
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
My daughter is in kindergarten now, so maybe that's why she finds Handy Manny and Little Einsteins boring. Or whatever else is on now. The TV's never on in the morning now.

What she missed most these last couple years was the Wiggles. She was a big Wiggles fan. When she was a baby, it was on about 3x in the morning, then 1x, then finally the only time you could see it was at 5:30 am.
Lets see She loved Charlie and Lola the last couple years. Is it off now too?

Bear in the big blue house...eh it was there
Rolly Polly Ollie...eh liked it ok
The Koala brothers.. she liked it ok
Jo Jo-Liked it.
Doodlebops-yuck yuck puke. She would never sit for it.

What am I forgetting?? I know when she was first born they used to play "House of Mouse" during the transition from Playhouse to reg Disney.

side note--anyone remember Daniel Cook? :lmao:

shelbys mommy
01-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I was just so surprised the other day going through dvds & I have Bear in the Big Blue House & my DS7 looks at me & says "Who?" I think my jaw hit the floor. I agree Disney should do something like Sprout or Noggin (Nick Jr). Every so often DS9 will put on Nick Jr & watch Blues Clues or Max and Ruby & say "Oh I remember watching that one!" Then I smile & remember those days when he would curl up in my lap & watch them. Ah, such sweet memories. Now, unless I buy dvds or youtube it, DS7 & DD9months have no clue. I really used to like Rolie Polie Olie too!!!

jenlynn0808
01-21-2010, 11:52 AM
side note--anyone remember Daniel Cook? :lmao:

and Emily Young

hedgehog2owl
01-21-2010, 11:54 AM
and Emily Young

yes but we had to sit through 2 and a half years of Daniel Cook before we got to Emily Young:rotfl2:

PrncessA
01-21-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree that Disney should do a channel like Nickelodeon did with Noggin/Nick Jr or PBS does with Sprout. My DD is a wakes up at 9-9:30 and by that time all of her favorite shows are over and it is almost time for regular programming to start and forget about afternoons if they want to watch Disney, there is no way.

They do rotate shows out too soon. My kids loved some of the older Disney cartoons but they leave so suddenly they are upset. Has anyone saw "Choo Choo Soul" on Playhouse Disney lately? My kids LOVED to dance to it and then it disapeared. And why would they keep JoJo and Golith at H&V if they aren't even on Playhouse Disney or even on Playhouse Disney Online!

shelbys mommy
01-21-2010, 12:05 PM
They do rotate shows out too soon. My kids loved some of the older Disney cartoons but they leave so suddenly they are upset. Has anyone saw "Choo Choo Soul" on Playhouse Disney lately? My kids LOVED to dance to it and then it disapeared. And why would they keep JoJo and Golith at H&V if they aren't even on Playhouse Disney or even on Playhouse Disney Online!

Choo Choo Soul plays around 7-8 am my time (central)

DisneyFamily123
01-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I really do not think much of the current shows especially repeated again and again... If I've seen one Oso, I've seen them all. Same with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.... same songs, same story lines, boring. And absolutely NO educational value. I'll give some credit to Super Sleuths for educational value but we don't see that on much anymore.

Thank goodness we can switch to Noggin which is a little better. Bring back a new Sesame Street and Electric Company (I thought they were?)

I wish the Playhouse Disney channel would just play a greater variety of shows instead of taking them off the air....at least airing them in the middle of the night so I can record them. Must have something to do with marketing....

And we are sick and tired of Oso and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse -- enough already. Even DS4 is bored with them. Put something different on. Neither one has any educational value and the few questions... "which tool should we use?" are so obvious. Am I the only one who things Toodles is a dumb idea?

I wish the current shows were mixed with older ones.. like the Bear in the Big Blue House which did have some educational value about sharing, potty training, celebrating birthdays, etc... I bought some on DVD and DS4 loves the music and dancing. ....welcome to the blue house......

littlezar
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
We have a Higglytown Heroes DVD and a Bear in the Big Blue House one as well. The show I miss is PB&J Otter - can't even find it on DVD! Oh, and Out of the Box! My 14 year old brought that up recently when we were talking about old shows.

I think I have a box of old VHS tapes (stuff taped off tv) and I'll have to see if there's anything good on any of them. One of my girlfriend's has whatever is needed to transfer VHS to DVD.

shelbys mommy
01-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh I forgot about Out of the Box!!! PB&J was so cute too! The Bear in the Big Blue House dvd I have is the Potty one, so hopefully I can get my DD to watch it when she gets a little older.

And can someone explain to me why the Little Mermaid plays at 4 am on Disney? The reason I know this is thanks to insomnia, but what child is up at 4 am to watch the Little Mermaid?

mom2maggie
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I was so pumped when they were promo-ing OSO, and it was such a big let down! My DD4 will watch it on ocassion, but generally thinks it is boring!

littlezar
01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh I forgot about Out of the Box!!! PB&J was so cute too! The Bear in the Big Blue House dvd I have is the Potty one, so hopefully I can get my DD to watch it when she gets a little older.

And can someone explain to me why the Little Mermaid plays at 4 am on Disney? The reason I know this is thanks to insomnia, but what child is up at 4 am to watch the Little Mermaid?

We had the potty one on VHS!

excitedtraveler
01-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I love Charlie & Lola! I also loved B&BBH. I'm kinda glad Rolie Polie Olie & Doodlebops are gone, though.

AdamsPrincess
01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I do miss jo jos circus and bear for sure.

But my boys absolutely love handy manny, mickey mouse clubhouse and tigger and pooh, if those went away, i would be very sad.

I have to say do what they want with oso...hate that show.

SaraMc
01-21-2010, 02:23 PM
They rotate them quickly. IMO, Disney is missing an opportunity here. What they should do is something like Sprout. A Playhouse Disney dedicated channel. They already have the boy dedicated channel, that is what Disney DX is suppose to be, they even have the ESPN clips on there. The shows are rotated out so quickly that you can't even hand me down items. We have a really cool Goliath rocking horse, none of the younger kids in the family know who he is, but DS4 loved/s him. We also have a Jo-Jo and a Goliath smaller stuffed animals, but those I packed away...next to DD12's Blue's Clues ones. :goodvibes

In Canada we have a playhouse disney channel. Its great! Its also available on demand. We get episodes of Bear in the big blue house and higgly town hero's. But because of the canadian goverments rules on canadian content we also get some horrible show's like Franny's Feet.

Like a previous poster there are some show's I could do without too. Gerald McBoing Boing.. There is nothing educational about that at all.

julirina
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I am also NOT an Oso fan -- I mean, come on. What kid doesn't know what "3 special steps" you take to brush your teeth? Sheesh. :rotfl: Jungle Junction is ok (I like the animals' accents), but WTH is up with that new Chuggington show? It's horrible. A total Thomas rip-off...and we weren't big on Thomas to begin with.

I did love Bear (I was a huge Tutter fan!) and I miss PB&J, too. And I'd forgotten all about Out of the Box -- that was great. Back in the Barney days :sad2: it was a great imagination-show alternative. I just wish they'd put out something with more genuine educational content. We watch a lot more PBS now because we have basic cable (35 channels!) and out of the two, PBS is much better for my beginning reader (she likes Sid and Word World and Between the Lions).

I guess I'm making it sound like we do nothing but watch TV -- that's really not the case! But as a homeschooling mom, I do depend on it for a little while each day to keep the middle one entertained while I help the 4th grader with her work.

audrey13
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I just found our Bear in the Big Blue House VCR the other day! We also liked PB&J Otter and Roly Poly Ollie . . . and Stanley - we have a picture of DS (8) with Stanley at AK on our first trip. Ah memories . . .

Goofy_Dad_24
01-21-2010, 03:54 PM
I think OSO is the worst show Disney has ever had. You would have to be a 2 year old with an IQ under 50 in order to learn anything from the show, and it is not entertaining in the least.

mom2maggie
01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I think the thing that irritates me the most about Special Agent OSO is the URGENCY of every episode!
"Hurry Special Agent OSO! The library is going to close in 4 seconds!"
"Hurry Special Agent OSO! You have to leave for the bus in 12 seconds!"

Seriously? Like I need my kid telling me "Mommy, I have to pee in 3 seconds!"

jenlynn0808
01-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Like I need my kid telling me "Mommy, I have to pee in 3 seconds!"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

and of course they would say that when you are at the front of the line you have been waiting in for the last 50 minutes!:laughing:

julirina
01-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I think the thing that irritates me the most about Special Agent OSO is the URGENCY of every episode!

LOL -- it's like how my kids know Mommy doesn't like Dora because she doesn't have an "inside voice." Why does that child have to shout about everything? I want quiet, soothing, peaceful kids' tv. Like Kipper. I adore Kipper. A nice little dog with quiet friends who never talks back and seldom gets into trouble...and a lovely English narrator voice to boot. :lovestruc We have enough disorder and chaos and urgency and yelling in our house without the television adding to it.

audrey13
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
oohhh, I love Kipper too! :lovestruc

shelbys mommy
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh I had forgotten about Stanley! I LOVED Stanley, so did my kids....I say Disney needs to the Playhouse Disney channel for us...any way we can let them know?

littlezar
01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
How could I forget Stanley?! My kids get an ornament every year and my 8 year old got Stanley one year! My boys were never big on the Book of Pooh show. They liked cartoon pooh better than muppet-y pooh, LOL.

shelbys mommy
01-21-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't like Pooh, never did. I gave him a not so nice way of saying Pooh for his name followed by Bear. My DH cracks up everytime I say it. But I did like the Book of Pooh, when I made that comment, my DH reminded me the name I say for Pooh & he said "You like the Book of _____?!?!" One of those had to be there moments hahaha

PrncessA
01-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I agree that PBS and even Nick Jr have more educational kid's shows right now. Honestly my kids watch these cartoons 90% of the time. Word World and Barney are favorites on PBS. When we went to Epcot I was going to teach DS how to say hello in all the languages but he already knew Spanish, German, Chinese and French from Nick Jr.

CRdisMom
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
i was reading someplace that Disney is working on have its own programing on the channel no more liscened things--ie the wiggles. They did import a lot. We still miss some of the shows that are gone

Ela1972
01-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Just found this as I was watching (not through choice) the 10th episode of the imagination movers today!!

I cannot stand this programme. It drives me up the wall. I have become quite sneaky with the remote changing from playhouse disney to playhouse disney+1 without DD5 noticing!!

I also loved Bear in the big blue house and could watch it all day.

Tiger926
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I read through all posts, so maybe I missed this, but all Disney shows have a life cycle of no more than 4 seasons. That's the way it is. Disney likes to change shows up a lot, so for favourite shows, you need to buy DVDs. Smart marketing moves on their part!

I guess I always shake my head when I read that little kids are 'bored' (can't stand that word) of shows so quickly. What else should a 4 yr old be watching? Granted, they can make more episodes (here in Canada, Playhouse puts the same episodes on multiple times per day/week), and that might help, but in all fairness, young kids shoudn't be watching that much TV anyway.

Not sure what the answer is, but some of the shows that some of you despise, are good for younger kids. Don't get me started on Disney Channel shows like Zack & Cody, Hannah Montana and Phinneus and Ferb. Terrible shows! At least Oso, Imagination Movers and Mickey are age appropriate and teach important values such as sharing and working together.

Tiger

crysplefty
01-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Now that you mention it, my kids used to always watch Doodlebops and now I am just realizing it does not come on anymore.

jenlynn0808
01-24-2010, 08:06 PM
I guess I always shake my head when I read that little kids are 'bored' (can't stand that word) of shows so quickly. What else should a 4 yr old be watching? Granted, they can make more episodes (here in Canada, Playhouse puts the same episodes on multiple times per day/week), and that might help, but in all fairness, young kids shoudn't be watching that much TV anyway.

In defense, maybe we should be more clear, it isn't that they get bored of the show, but bored of the repeated episodes.

A few years ago DS4 broke his femur (at WDW no less :eek:) and was put in a spica cast. At 2.5 he was in a cast form his toes to his mid chest, all he could do was watch tv. We found some toys he could play with laying on his back, but not a ton, so tv became his entertainment for four months. At first he wanted to watch shows like Jo-Jo's Circus, but after seeing the same episode 3 times in one week (repeated Mon, Wed, Fri) he lost interest. It was the excessive repeating of one specific episode in a small time frame, that caused him to dislike the show.

Tiger926
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
In defense, maybe we should be more clear, it isn't that they get bored of the show, but bored of the repeated episodes.

A few years ago DS4 broke his femur (at WDW no less :eek:) and was put in a spica cast. At 2.5 he was in a cast form his toes to his mid chest, all he could do was watch tv. We found some toys he could play with laying on his back, but not a ton, so tv became his entertainment for four months. At first he wanted to watch shows like Jo-Jo's Circus, but after seeing the same episode 3 times in one week (repeated Mon, Wed, Fri) he lost interest. It was the excessive repeating of one specific episode in a small time frame, that caused him to dislike the show.

Got it - it's the same here in Canada, although sometimes it's 3 times in one day! I kid you not! Last time DD6.5 was sick, I let her watch a few more TV shows than normal, and as I turned on the TV to put in a Disney movie, I noticed the same show that had been on that morning and afternoon. Except now, it was evening! I guess they save lots of money by doing this.

I agree that they need more new shows, but I don't see them changing this as it's been like this for years here in Canada too. I've emailed and they've told me it's because kids like to watch the same shows over and over again.

Tiger

MouseMadness
01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I think OSO is the worst show Disney has ever had. You would have to be a 2 year old with an IQ under 50 in order to learn anything from the show, and it is not entertaining in the least.

I don't know...I think OSO might come in a close second behind BUNNYTOWN...Thank goodness we don't have to endure that anymore.

BTW, we complain at H&V everytime we go there that they should put JoJo back on, or get her out of there. My 3 yo daughter doesn't have a clue as to who she is (except for knowing her from the restaurant) and my 6 yo son barely remembers. They both still love Little Einsteins, though. Personally, I wish they would start to re-run JoJo...it would be all new and fresh to little ones now.

syko
01-25-2010, 10:28 AM
In our house it's Johny and the Sprites and Bear in the Big Blue House that is missed the most.

PinkRhombus
01-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Does anyone remember Bear in the Big Blue House? Rolie Polie Olie? The Doodlebops? Higglytown Heroes? I do!!! Whatever happened to those shows. I know if they would take off Charlie & Lola I would not be upset.

I like Charlie and Lola.

Doodlebops - Agree with the other GAGs on here.

I DO miss PB&J Otter though. My oldest did a lot of Noodle Dances.

BiancaBernard&Penny
01-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Charlie and Lola are one of the few show I enjoy, along with Manny, I LOVED Koala Brothers and Stanley and miss the Higleys, but I'm glad that JoJo and PBJ Otter are gone!

Disney has never made a good Pooh show, IMHO. I agree with a poster about MM Clubhouse... annoying and what is with "Toodles!" Blech. The solutions to problems are too "dumb" for my taste. I'm glad I'm not alone in not caring for Oso, either. I works with a mom who loves him.

NotUrsula
01-26-2010, 01:37 AM
DD2 is a HUGE Mickey fan, so she likes the Clubhouse. The thing that cracks me up about the whole Mousketools thing is how long it takes to get the tool. The other day they had one where the issue was very urgent because one of the characters was being carried away, and instead of just grabbing his leg or something they went through the whole Toodles thing. By the time they got the tool the character would have been washed halfway to Mexico, LOL.

I just don't get why Disney feels such a strong need to rotate in new shows rather than use the archive to avoid so many repeats. This audience turns over every three years, so everything is always new to a large segment of the viewing audience.

DD2 watches a lot of the oldies on DVD -- she's a really big Bear fan. We also have the Merry Melodies DVD's, so she gets REAL Fab 5 exposure.

Julia Says
01-26-2010, 01:34 PM
My ds#1 is 6 and ds#2 is 4. We have a TIVO that we've had since DS#1 was 2, and have episodes of the Wiggles, JoJo, Rolie Polie Olie, Stanley, Doodlebops, and a couple others. We got a DVD recorder for Christmas so we can burn them all to DVDs but I can't figure out how to work the stupid thing (got it right one time and haven't been able to figure it out again). DirecTV has been trying to get us to upgrade our receiver for a couple of years now and we won't do it because ds#2 is obsessed with all these shows (he's autistic so he sticks with familiar things- a typical 4 yo would probably have been OVER these shows long ago).

I would cry a river of tears if they replaced JoJo before we got to go to Disney, but from a practical standpoint, I also don't really understand why she's still there since she's not on the air anymore.

MommaMouse411
01-26-2010, 01:41 PM
my son only watches Mickey Clubhouse/handy manny/ and maybe Little Einsteins/Imaginations Movers...OSO sux..I'm sorry to say..and my son totally ignores it...I which they had better preschool shows...my son does watches Sprout & Nick Jr more.

Whats the new one..with the jungle cars? not sure if my son has caught on to that one either.

Oh and he likes the dog Zfrank? and my alligator and OH and AH...

mom2girlsx3
01-26-2010, 02:48 PM
"Hurry Special Agent OSO! The library is going to close in 4 seconds!"
"Hurry Special Agent OSO! You have to leave for the bus in 12 seconds!"

Seriously? Like I need my kid telling me "Mommy, I have to pee in 3 seconds!"

:lmao: I literally laughed outloud when I read this!!! :rotfl2:

I miss Stanley... learned a lot about animals during that show!

Here's a throw back.... anybody remember watching "Dumbo's Circus" way back in the day?! It aired on the Disney Channel in the mornings. I loved that show as a kid!

mom2girlsx3
01-26-2010, 02:51 PM
In our house it's Johny and the Sprites and Bear in the Big Blue House that is missed the most.

These were some of my favorites, too..... So sad.

shelbys mommy
01-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Watch, smile, remember, and for me shed a few tears of when my DS9 was just a baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDr6yhOIeM

Jaylin
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Awwww, I remember Stanley, I loved that show. I remember watching it really early in the mornings when my DS was a baby....he's 7 now.....so sad!

And seriously, we're not doing H&V this year because my kids barely remember who they are. Why wouldn't they put someone new & relavant in there?

And when is Disney going to get a character meal just for the boys....power rangers or toy story. That would be huge. The line for the power ranger 2 years ago were crazy.....

jenlynn0808
01-26-2010, 06:05 PM
And when is Disney going to get a character meal just for the boys....power rangers or toy story. That would be huge.

That is an excellent idea!:thumbsup2

littlezar
01-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Watch, smile, remember, and for me shed a few tears of when my DS9 was just a baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDr6yhOIeM

That was great! I just sent the link to my 14 & 12 yr old's emails!

MarriedToAPrince
01-26-2010, 10:19 PM
In our house we watch Playhouse Disney and PBS Kids in the morning. My DD loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Oso, Word World, Sesame Street, Martha, Cailou. She also likes Phinneus & Ferb. I cannot stand Charlie & Lola. I think each show has it's annoyances but they are not created for adults they are created for kids.

MouseMadness
01-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Awwww, I remember Stanley, I loved that show. I remember watching it really early in the mornings when my DS was a baby....he's 7 now.....so sad!

And seriously, we're not doing H&V this year because my kids barely remember who they are. Why wouldn't they put someone new & relavant in there?

And when is Disney going to get a character meal just for the boys....power rangers or toy story. That would be huge. The line for the power ranger 2 years ago were crazy.....

Not to hijack the thread, but I have asked about this too. Everytime I book dining, I inquire about some type of "Pixar" character meal. At first, I was told that they couldn't do anything because Disney and Pixar were separate. But now that Disney has acquired Pixar, hopefully something will come out of it (dining wise). They also always tell me they have tons of requrests for new dining with Toy Story/Incredibles and just about all other Pixar characters as well! Hopefully soon :upsidedow

shelbys mommy
10-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but I have asked about this too. Everytime I book dining, I inquire about some type of "Pixar" character meal. At first, I was told that they couldn't do anything because Disney and Pixar were separate. But now that Disney has acquired Pixar, hopefully something will come out of it (dining wise). They also always tell me they have tons of requrests for new dining with Toy Story/Incredibles and just about all other Pixar characters as well! Hopefully soon :upsidedow

Not sure how I missed this after all this time, but I really thing a Disney/Pixar meal would be awesome!!!!

snow_white's_mom
10-05-2010, 04:15 PM
when we first started watching playhouse disney they had doodle boops, jojos circus, charle and lola...then they slowly all moved to random times really early in the morning and then went away. I miss charle and lola...dd and I would always watch it and drink pink milk

pooh4evr
10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Shelby's Mom-- how could you do that to me!!- :guilty: My oldest is 9 - had a Bear in the Big Blue house 1st birthday party! She would always laugh and giggle when he sniffed the TV - i miss those shows!!

shelbys mommy
10-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I am hoping the Disney Junior channel will carry all of these old shows for us to watch again!

southern_redhead
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Aww, I remember Bear, Stanley, PB&J, Rolie Polie Olie......... My DS 11 used to watch those. We even went to see Bear in the Big Blue House live when it was going around and we had all of the little animals in the stuffed version. I loved that blue mouse!

Actually, I guess DS 11 has seen much more Disney than my other two. DD has only gotten into the older kid Disney shows and DS 6 has declared it all "for babies" except Phineas and Ferb.... We actually had that discussion over Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (which I think is cute) and he said "Yea, mom, it's cute for BABIES!" Sigh. Thankfully he isn't "too big" for Toy Story yet.

Betzee
10-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Awwww....I so miss Bear!

My DD also used to run up to the screen and giggle when he used to "sniff" her every morning! LOL!

She's 8 now and still calls the moon, Luna, although I doubt she remembers why she calls it that. I'll have to ask her if she remembers why....

Today's Playhouse Disney is certainly not like the old days...

spurk5532
10-07-2010, 02:04 AM
In the morning I bring my 2 year old ds into my bed and turn the tv on Disney while I doze for another hour or so. I swear Oso makes me want to go crazy when I am half asleep and the song about picking choices or whatever comes on. My son isn't all that excited about either Handy Manny or Oso but loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I think it is mainly because he knows the Mickey characters and we have Mickey books. If the tv gets turned on later in the day though it is always on Sprout, because my son is an extreme Thomas addict.